Thread: John Bolton says he offered to resign from White House before Trump fired him

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

John Bolton says he offered to resign from White House before Trump fired him

Later dude, I don't even know why Trump hired this neocon warhawk in the first place but I'm glad he's gone. Maybe he can be an extra in the next Deadwood movie?

John Bolton says he offered to resign from White House before Trump fired him

John Bolton contradicted Donald Trump minutes after the president announced he fired Bolton as national security adviser.

"I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, 'Let's talk about it tomorrow,'" Bolton wrote in a tweet.

Less than 15 minutes before Bolton's tweet, Trump wrote in his own series of tweets that he had requested Bolton's resignation on Monday night.

Trump claimed that Bolton's resignation was given Tuesday morning.

Bolton fired: Donald Trump fires top national security aide John Bolton, citing 'disagreements'

"I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House," Trump wrote. "I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration."

Bolton also texted several reporters that he did not been fired, as the president said.

Brian Kilmeade, a host on Fox & Friends, said live on the program that he had just gotten a text message from the ousted national security adviser.

"John Bolton just texted me, just now, he's watching. He said, 'let's be clear, I resigned,'" Kilmeade said.

BOLTON IS TEXTING FOX HOSTS WHO ARE ON AIR TO DISPUTE TRUMP'S ACCOUNT OF HIS FIRING

Kilmeade: "John Bolton just texted me, just now, he's watching. He said, 'let's be clear, I resigned.'" pic.twitter.com/2zg8tPTf6L
    — Lis Power (@LisPower1) September 10, 2019

Robert Costa, national political reporter for the Washington Post, also wrote in a tweet that he had received a text from Bolton, saying “Let’s be clear, I resigned, having offered to do so last night.”

In another tweet, Costa said he also got this message from Bolton: “I will have my say in due course. But I have given you the facts on the resignation. My sole concern is US national security.”

Bolton's departure comes after disagreements at the White House over recent negotiations with the Taliban on ending the war in Afghanistan. Bolton made it clear that he opposed Trump's Camp David invitation to the Taliban.
    Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by SackMan518 View Post
    Later dude, I don't even know why Trump hired this neocon warhawk in the first place but I'm glad he's gone.
    Probably because Trump's cabinet is filled with completely inept people for their positions

3. Rock on:

HipKat (09-10-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    Probably because Trump's cabinet is filled with completely inept people for their positions
    Come to think of it, can you think of anyone Trump's ever hired who wasn't either incompetent or corrupt? The only one I can think of off hand is his second chief of staff, Kelly.

It seems very telling to me that Donald has such a hard time attracting competent people and keeping them for long.

Remember: Generalissimo Donald is watching you. By the way, that's a real nice country you've got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it.

Tя☭mp, when he thinks back on all the suckers he scammed throughout his life who either did business with him or who voted for him.

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    What a shit show this administration is. I mean what a fucking circus and Trump is the head clown driving the clown car. It's a fucking joke. Just in the last week, the number of scandals and lies and head scratching topics is enough to make you crazy.

There's the lies about the calls from Chine regarding trade talks - that never happened.
    There's the scandal about military planes using a much higher priced civilian airport that Trump just happened to pimp in 2014 and the crews staying at his property.
    There's Pence driving over 2 hours away from his Ireland meetings - to stay in a Trump Hotel.
    There's his corrupt, bought and paid for DA planning a 30 grand nut at a Trump Hotel.
    There's the most STUPID lies about the Hurricane and Alabama and the scandal IT'S caused with weather bureau members covering for him and other expressing their disgust about the whole thing..... that went on for a fucking week!!
    Now you have a POS National Security war monger arguing over whether he quit or was fired - detracting from the fact that Trump has now lost THREE national security directors.
    And that's not even everything that happened in the last week. WTF will it take for people to Wake the fuck UP!! This is a disaster on an epic scale and it's still growing worse and worse!

And his brainwashed zombies keep chanting MAGA..... smh
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    The world got just a bit more stable, but since Trump replaces horrible people with even worse people who is he pulling from beneath the bottom of the barrel?

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
    The world got just a bit more stable, but since Trump replaces horrible people with even worse people who is he pulling from beneath the bottom of the barrel?
    My bet is that no one takes the job

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I wish, but I don't see it

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
    I wish, but I don't see it
    Oh shit, I forgot in my list, his Taliban bullshit. I don't believe any of it, anyway, but he IS stupid enough to think he can just pull out troops without talking to the damn President of Afghanistan.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Bolton = Bad, but his replacement is most likely less qualified, but hopefully isn’t as Hawkish