Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it Foster or Roberts that gets cut at WR?

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    Not sure why Foster gets a pass, he’s been completely invisible in camp and in the three games
    Foster is a low risk, high reward player. He comes at a very low salary at $570,000, and is an exclusive rights free agent next year. He was averaging 20 yards per catch next year and is very good deep and intermediate route runner.

Foster has been working the #2 and #3 offense and not the #1 offense like he was last year. Foster has been bumped down the depth charts because of the free-agent signings of John Brown and Cole Beasley.
    L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Foster is a low risk, high reward player. He comes at a very low salary at $570,000, and is an exclusive rights free agent next year. He was averaging 20 yards per catch next year and is very good deep and intermediate route runner.

Foster has been working the #2 and #3 offense and not the #1 offense like he was last year. Foster has been bumped down the depth charts because of the free-agent signings of John Brown and Cole Beasley.
    What's his average yards per catch for 0 catches in 3 preseason games?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    still i offer up Zay for a TE along the lines of ...Brate (tampa)..Hunter Henry (chargers )or Conklin (vikes )...but that is just me ..

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan

Here's a take from another forum that i feel is pretty accurate.

This was interesting to read today. Some or my thoughts and opinions after seeing this:

Duke - Clearly they felt he deserved more time on the field and even got in with the ones and obviously with the twos. This is quite the climb in what was supposed to be a dress rehearsal, and he didnt disappoint.

My Opinion: They liked what they saw of Duke and are seriously considering keeping him and Duke only helped those chances. I think he is going to make this team, and wouldn't surprise if he was in the conversation to start opposite John Brown which make the WRs difficult to cover...Cole slashing the short and middle, Brown taking the top off,

Duke as the sure handed possession guy and our TE's pressing the seams.

Zay - While Zay started with the ones, it seems like they aren't clear on what to do with him and I think they are really pondering both his role, and maybe place on this team. You don't risk a sure "starter" on the field in the 2nd half of a preseason game, especially when you have other guys to evaluate for the roster.

My Opinion: Zay's "presumed" starter role is in serious jeopardy and may have already slipped out of his hands like a Josh Allen TD strike. And if he does officially fall out of the starter conversation, then his role and place on the team gets more shaky. And its possible they ran him in the 2nd half to try and get him involved to maybe try and boost some potential trade value too considering he had done mostly nothing in the first 2 games other than dropping a TD strike from Josh.

McKenzie vs Ray Ray - I think this is a CLEAR indication that McKenzie has stepped out in front of Ray Ray with a nice lead. If they were still wavering on him, they would have given him more snaps in this battle. I don't see Ray Ray making this team right now as McKenzie has outplayed him in the games after Ray Ray had the more impressive camp.
    My Opinion: McKenzie makes the 53 over Ray Ray, assuming they keep enough WR's to merit keeping either.

Robert Foster - For all the bubble talk for him, I think the snap count actually lends itself to possibly suggesting he's safer than some think. If he was fighting for a roster spot I just don't see them only giving him 2 snaps in the 3rd preseason game. For a guy that was a gamer last year, if they were starting to waver on him, I would think they would give him a lot of snaps for 2 reasons: To better evaluate him and also potentially showcase him for a trade as he would have trade value (rather than just cut him).
    My Opinion: Foster isn't in as much jeopardy as Zay, but his role is still up in the air for sure.

Everyone else: None of the other guys will be on this roster week 1. Cam Phillips had a strong camp, but Duke was the one moving up the depth charts the last 2 weeks and getting runs in with the 1's and 2's. Several of the WR's will be legit PS candidates though and I expect at least 2 make it there, maybe more.

My Opinion: Cam, Sills and Easley would be guys I would keep an eye out for the PS.

5. Rock on:

StraightJ (08-24-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan

Here's a take from another forum that i feel is pretty accurate.
    I do not find that easy to disagree with anywhere. Sad that we have to import posts from other forums, though. In like manner, props to Sal for continuing to make Range contributions posthumously. :) Good post.
    Thus spoke Zarathustra.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Status
    Groan
    What's his average yards per catch for 0 catches in 3 preseason games?
    Foster averaged 20 yards per catch last season. Regular season production trumps preseason production.
    L*t is a loser

8. Rock on:

StraightJ (08-24-19)

Status
    Groan

Maybe people shouldn't be so quick to cut Foster.
    L*t is a loser

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I want Duke Williams on the team as much as anyone but I have a feeling he will be the odd man out. Every year we see some guy in preseason light it up only to be let go for someone that's done much less in our eyes. There's always hear scratching cuts and I think he'll be one of them. I think they keep the others because of their special teams abilities.

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post

Maybe people shouldn't be so quick to cut Foster.
    Yup that injury certainly explains his lack of use in preseason, he's likely safe because of that information

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasjackson View Post
    I want Duke Williams on the team as much as anyone but I have a feeling he will be the odd man out. Every year we see some guy in preseason light it up only to be let go for someone that's done much less in our eyes. There's always hear scratching cuts and I think he'll be one of them. I think they keep the others because of their special teams abilities.
    Sean McDermott values WR's that can be complete players and contribute as blockers. Both Zay Jones and Duke Williams are good blockers. That's why they will be on the final 53 man roster.

You also need to have more than one deep threat in case a defense wants to take John Brown out of the game by double-teaming him or rotating coverage towards his side. Defenses can't double team both Brown and Robert Foster. If Foster is in one on one coverage Allen should be throwing deep balls to take advantage of that mismatch.

I believe Buffalo keeps 6 WR on the final roster. I have those 6 as: John Brown, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Andre Roberts, and Duke Williams.

I really like Isaiah McKenzie but think Williams offers someting that is missing from the team which is a big physical WR that can high point the ball consistently. It's a numbers game and McKenzie is not on the roster unless Buffalo carries 7 WR's.
    L*t is a loser