Thread: He’s at it again...

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

He’s at it again...

Trump Tweets and the market drops 620pts. This tariff war he’s escalated is not one that he’s going to win.

It’s putting an undo burden on the American consumer and disrupting domestic businesses on numerous levels.

On an importer level, there’s another increase in the cost of importation that’s not being talked about. Brokerage houses are now charging more in fees and short term interest as they have to pay the tariffs upfront before handing the cleared goods over to the importing company.

I work for a Sporting goods brand and we have our National Show next week. We aren’t printing pricing until the last possible minute since we have some products made in China and will pass along any additional tariff to our customer in the shape of a higher price. And before you say “Make these somewhere else”, there is no domestic manufacturer of this specific type of product. Globally 95% of these products are made in China.

The tariffs are a straight tax on Americans. This is not going to end well.

2. Rock on:

HipKat (08-25-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Another talk with another farmer today. Said he knows other farmers that are looking at possible foreclosures this winter based on the tariffs and the bad weather we had this spring which impeded a lot of planting
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Another talk with another farmer today. Said he knows other farmers that are looking at possible foreclosures this winter based on the tariffs and the bad weather we had this spring which impeded a lot of planting
    Arent farmers supplemented with a lot of the wasteful subsidies wise politicians(like Ron Paul) used to speak against? Ron spoke against tariffs too. But yeah, anyone who has looked into Von Mises or Austrian Economics in general knows that tariffs are not healthy, and basically a tax added to the buyer(although I imagine there could be certain instances where they are useful). So though youve repeatedly claimed I never do, I am disagreeing with Trump and agreeing with you. Hopefully I can stop pointing out all of the examples now. :)

As for tweets and the stock market, I'd caution one might be remiss not to give more critical thought to the amount of causality. This society seems conditioned to be hellbent on hot takes assigning blame to people. Both forums on here provide plenty of illustration, lol.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Fah Q

Status
    Groan

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    Arent farmers supplemented with a lot of the wasteful subsidies wise politicians(like Ron Paul) used to speak against? Ron spoke against tariffs too. But yeah, anyone who has looked into Von Mises or Austrian Economics in general knows that tariffs are not healthy, and basically a tax added to the buyer(although I imagine there could be certain instances where they are useful). So though youve repeatedly claimed I never do, I am disagreeing with Trump and agreeing with you. Hopefully I can stop pointing out all of the examples now. :)

As for tweets and the stock market, I'd caution one might be remiss not to give more critical thought to the amount of causality. This society seems conditioned to be hellbent on hot takes assigning blame to people. Both forums on here provide plenty of illustration, lol.
    The Only farms that get subsidies are corporate farms

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    And a guy who fondles prepubescent girls and sniffs their hair and then whispers perversions that make them pull away on live TV should? If he does that while in office and on live TV, who knows what you TDSers would find if you put one tenth of the effort of looking into Trump's past into looking into his. Heck, he even brags about abusing his power of office to help his son's illegal schemes in foreign countries.

I like to get ripped on occasion, but if I was on the campaign trail I wouldn't be getting ripped like this known drunkard. Even subversive google and youtube still probably have examples of such you can see him in action for yourself, like many of us already have.

You have a real way of picking a winner, bro. It's amazing how low some people will sink to further their TDS addiction. Even some addicts of substances that have been legislated against have more dignity that that.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    And a guy who fondles prepubescent girls and sniffs their hair and then whispers perversions that make them pull away on live TV should? If he does that while in office and on live TV, who knows what you TDSers would find if you put one tenth of the effort of looking into Trump's past into looking into his. Heck, he even brags about abusing his power of office to help his son's illegal schemes in foreign countries.

I like to get ripped on occasion, but if I was on the campaign trail I wouldn't be getting ripped like this known drunkard. Even subversive google and youtube still probably have examples of such you can see him in action for yourself, like many of us already have.

You have a real way of picking a winner, bro. It's amazing how low some people will sink to further their TDS addiction. Even some addicts of substances that have been legislated against have more dignity that that.
    Obviously, you're off your medication, since I Never posted that I'm Picking Biden - but, since you're in full blown Trump-love mode now, you better think twice about who's "picking a winner"

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan

More drivel.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Fah Q

Status
    Groan

Seek help. soflabillsfan