Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lit was right.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Lit was right.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

2. Rock on:

HipKat (08-22-19)

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    For the record, I was also a big Rosen fan. And I am not yet convinced that Allen was the better choice. Let’s see in three years. And you know I am a better QB evaluator than Lit, just read his signature :-)

4. Rock on:

Angry Byrds (08-22-19),f8ta1ity54 (08-22-19),HipKat (08-22-19),Victor7 (08-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    What more proof do you need? Allen has embraced the city and embodies the small town, blue collar persona that typifies Buffalo. His teammates love him, he works his ass off, and he is improving. I will continually go back to my belief that Rosen would have been a horribly bad fit here.

6. Rock on:

HipKat (08-22-19),jamsim67 (08-23-19),junglesouljah (08-23-19)

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    We had quite a few QBs that embraced our city. And ironically the last good QB we had hated the city ... do you rather live in Houston or in Buffalo ... enough said ...

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    We had quite a few QBs that embraced our city. And ironically the last good QB we had hated the city ... do you rather live in Houston or in Buffalo ... enough said ...
    Kelly also grew up in the northeast. He knew what it was like. Rosen is an entitled California kid that I’m certain would never have liked it here.

9. Rock on:

HipKat (08-22-19)

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Kelly also grew up in the northeast. He knew what it was like. Rosen is an entitled California kid that I’m certain would never have liked it here.
    Lmao... uh... Josh Allen is also a California kid.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Lmao... uh... Josh Allen is also a California kid.
    He also has a small town background and blue collar upbringing.

12. Rock on:

HipKat (08-22-19),junglesouljah (08-23-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Where they’re from means shit. Rosen is a spoiled little prick that thinks he deserves everything handed to him, Allen is more humble and works his ass off, not to mention he’s willing to make sacrifices to make a play, to be winner.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

14. Rock on:

jamsim67 (08-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I'm picking on Lit (in good humor) just because of the "Lit is Right" meme on this board - he often IS right by the way.

I do think, however, that it just goes to show how much of a crap shoot it is when you're drafting players. Rosen was, by many people's accounts, THE most pro-ready of the QBs in his class.

And to be fair, some of it definitely has to do with the situations he found himself in. AZ was the worst OL in the NFL last year (worse than ours) and Miami is not only rebuilding, but has Fitz on the roster. Fitz is smarter than his coaches and just about the most charasmatic person in the NFL. He doesn't exude charisma to the public the best. But in a locker room.... people follow that man.

Still, you have the whiny-bitch interview on draft day, his college coach has questioned his leadership, AZ gave up on him after one year (to get their new HCs golden boy to be fair) and now the Miami coach has suggested that there are character and leadership flaws there similar to what his college coach signaled.

Rosen would have been an unmitigated DISASTER in this Town. Even if he played well.

He's got Jay Cutler written all over him IMO. A very capable player who is just too much of a douche bag to ever lead a locker room successfully.

And yes, i am biased. I kind of fell a bit in love with Allen back when he was being projected all over in the top 4 of the draft. Never watched him in college, but i saw the highlight reels and i got it. When they called his name on draft day i was pumped but also a bit scared that we might have become too enamored with the measurables. Still, i was excited and i think he's completely surpassing any reasonable expectations for where he would be at this point. He's definitely not there yet. It's probably going to take another year or two. But those two years are going to be fun to watch.
    "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

16. Rock on:

jamsim67 (08-22-19),LiterateStylish (08-22-19),LVBillsfan (08-22-19),Sucked In Again (08-22-19),Woody (08-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I wanted Rosen too, but think we may have gotten the best QB in the class.

18. Rock on:

jamsim67 (08-22-19)