Thread: Zeke's Holdout Not Going Too Well: "Zeke who?"

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Zeke's Holdout Not Going Too Well: "Zeke who?"

As much as Jerrah annoys me I'm with him on this one. Zeke has 2 years left on that contract and Cooper and Prescott are on deck. If they keep giving into these whiners who don't want to fulfill their contractual obligations then all of the babies will start crying. Zeke says he's offended? Well if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be offended that your ass isn't at the stadium while having 2 years of guaranteed pay coming your way.

'Who? Now Zeke who?': Jerry Jones jokes about Cowboys missing Ezekiel Elliott after Tony Pollard impresses vs. LA Rams

Is Tony Pollard making everyone forget about Ezekiel Elliott?

Pollard got the start again Saturday night with Elliott holding out for a new contract, and he produced. Pollard finished with 42 yards and one touchdown rushing on five carries in the Cowboys' 14-10 win over the Los Angeles Rams.

When Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked if Pollard is his best negotiator for Elliott, he quipped: "Who? Now Zeke who?"

After reporters started laughing, a smiling Jones motioned at a television camera and said in a message to Elliott, "We're having some fun, not at your expense."

The Cowboys are impressed with Pollard's ability to become an every-down back as a rookie, much like Elliott when he was drafted in 2016.

"Touchdowns are touchdowns and it was great for Tony, and we have an opportunity to score there and hope it's the first of many for him," offensive coordinator Kellen Moore said.

But there are growing pains. Pollard missed an assignment allowing quarterback Dak Prescott to get sacked on the Cowboys' fourth offensive play of the game.

"I will say this, that was a critical blitz pickup that got our quarterback killed," Jones said. "Now you've got to be able to make that block."

Not having Elliott has given Pollard a chance to show the Cowboys he can become a viable option in the offense. The Cowboys want to use Elliott and Pollard together to create problems for defenses.

"What's amazing for him is to come in here and he hadn't done that much," Jones said. "He knows exactly what to do, and he knows how to do it. If he goes out there and he plays to that level he's going to be [at] for the next several weeks, he's going to be right in the middle of it early. That will really complement what we're doing with Zeke, not replace that, I mean that, not replace it. Nobody is getting cute here, certainly be a great complement to have a great running game where I can picture those guys [having] success at the same time out there really giving the defense some fits."

Ezekiel Elliott Found Jerry Jones's 'Zeke Who?' Comment Disrespectful

According to Mortensen, Elliott's agent Rocky Arceneaux said neither he nor his client was amused by Jones's quip, which was made on Saturday after rookie Tony Pollard impressed during the Cowboys' preseason game against the Rams.

"I didn't think it was funny and neither did Zeke—we actually thought it was disrespectful," Arceneaux told ESPN.
    Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan
    Poor little Zeke, Jerry hurt his fee-fees.

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

3. Rock on:

SackMan518 (08-20-19),Sucked In Again (08-20-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I always hated Jerry Jones for obvious reasons, but the guy has grown on me. It was so easy to make fun of him and call him meddlesome but the dude turned out to be a halfway decent GM/owner in the end. He's smart enough to know the importance of the offensive line anyway and that's way more than what we've had here for the last 20 years. I think we've had maybe 4 or 5 years of good offensive line play in the last two decades. That's stupid.

I respect the fact that he worked hard to become a halfway decent NFL executive. He's not just some schmuck with lots of money.

I'm sorry, but i would not (in a million years) pay Prescott 30 million plus a year. yet that's the choice they're going to have to make.

As for Zeke... see my point about their OL above. They can get a player in the 4th round of any given draft who could put up 80% of Zeke's production. Dallas has a lot of money invested in their OL. They need to stay disciplined and remind themselves why they put all that money into the OL.
    "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

5. Rock on:

SackMan518 (08-20-19),Sucked In Again (08-20-19),Topas (08-20-19),Victor7 (08-20-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just find it hilarious that this was supposed to be the cowboys year to make some kind of run with the personnel on both sides of the ball and they can’t get their shit together. Zeke is pissed at Jerry, Dak won’t take top five QB money and Cooper is left to rot because of both Dak and Zeke. As long as it’s not the Bills I’m enjoying sitting back and watching the chaos around the league.

7. Rock on:

SackMan518 (08-20-19),Sucked In Again (08-20-19)

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by WndyCtyBillz View Post
    I just find it hilarious that this was supposed to be the cowboys year to make some kind of run with the personnel on both sides of the ball and they can’t get their shit together. Zeke is pissed at Jerry, Dak won’t take top five QB money and Cooper is left to rot because of both Dak and Zeke. As long as it’s not the Bills I’m enjoying sitting back and watching the chaos around the league.
    I think they'll still be a decent team this season. At least they have a somewhat suitable replacement for Zeke, and Dak is willing to play. Zeke may become expendable eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

9. Rock on:

SackMan518 (08-20-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by WndyCtyBillz View Post
    I just find it hilarious that this was supposed to be the cowboys year to make some kind of run with the personnel on both sides of the ball
    Yeah right, like every year if you listen to the media. They seem to think the Cowboys of the 90's never died.
    Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

I'm a Bad Boy

Status
    Groan
    Zeke is only hurting his future in the NFL. He has narrowed his options to teams like Oakland and Jacksonville. Throw in Miami too.

12. Rock on:

SackMan518 (08-20-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    Zeke is only hurting his future in the NFL. He has narrowed his options to teams like Oakland and Jacksonville. Throw in Miami too.
    Hurting his marketability too, he looks like a whiney prick, who wants to buy his stuff?

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    I find it funny the clown Jerry Jones is over the moon about a 4th rounders performance against the 2nd string Rams defense. Jerry Jones is a fucking clown. Zeke is a clown for holding out with essentially 2 years on his contract left. Show up and play and he probably would be closer to an extension than he is now