Thread: Remember Faceapp?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Remember Faceapp?

Remember how Senator Chucky "Cheese" Schumer and the intel community, whose words Meathead takes as Gospel (I am willing to bet he was in favor of the Iraq invasion too), said that we all need to be afraid that the Russians are using Faceapp to gather data on us. Well, some of us - most specifically myself - warned that the faceapp scandal was something of a distraction from surveillance programs our government and large internet and telecommunications were using agains the American people. Some years ago, Lee Camp of Redacted Tonight, not really a right wing source no matter what meatbag would like to depict him as, said Obama gave Trump a dictator's toolkit. So really its no surprise that Trump and many senators and representatives, in a bipartisan fashion, are moving to push for renewal of the 2015 Freedom Act. So what is the Freedom Act:

Well according to CNet:

The Trump administration has reportedly asked Congress to permanently reauthorize all provisions of the USA Freedom Act, including a controversial National Security Agency program that collects and analyzes records on millions of Americans' calls and texts in an attempt to thwart terrorists.

In a letter, dated Wednesday, to members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and Senate Intelligence Committee, outgoing Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats acknowledged that the NSA call record program had been suspended but urged Congress to extend its legal authority anyway, according to The Hill.

As technology changes, our adversaries' tradecraft and communications habits will continue to evolve and adapt," Coats wrote in the letter, according to The Hill. "In light of this dynamic environment, the Administration supports reauthorization of this provision as well."
    More at

https://www.cnet.com/news/trump-admi...lance-program/

I don't know about you, but I am far more concerned about the very real domestic surveillance our intel community -whose words Meatbag takes as gospel truth - than I am about alleged Russian data mining.

2. Rock on:

HipKat (08-17-19),StraightJ (08-17-19)

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

4. Rock on:

HipKat (08-17-19),jc856 (08-17-19),StraightJ (08-19-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
    Remember how Senator Chucky "Cheese" Schumer and the intel community, whose words Meathead takes as Gospel (I am willing to bet he was in favor of the Iraq invasion too), said that we all need to be afraid that the Russians are using Faceapp to gather data on us
    That's the hilarious part. We have more to fear from our own homegrown tech giants like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and others that I suspect were funded by alphabet agencies than we have to fear from the Russians. Facebook was just caught transcribing audio messages through their messenger service. It wasn't specifically done by them but by a contractor which is how I assume they skirt their own rules. They can claim that they don't share your data but hire a contractor to do the dirty work for them.

Facebook Paid Contractors to Transcribe Audio of Its Users' Conversations

Facebook Inc. has been paying hundreds of outside contractors to transcribe clips of audio from users of its services, according to people with knowledge of the work.

The work has rattled the contract employees, who are not told where the audio was recorded or how it was obtained — only to transcribe it, said the people, who requested anonymity for fear of losing their jobs. They’re hearing Facebook users’ conversations, sometimes with vulgar content, but do not know why Facebook needs them transcribed, the people said.

Facebook confirmed that it had been transcribing users’ audio and said it will no longer do so, following scrutiny into other companies. “Much like Apple and Google, we paused human review of audio more than a week ago,” the company said Tuesday. The company said the users who were affected chose the option in Facebook’s Messenger app to have their voice chats transcribed. The contractors were checking whether Facebook’s artificial intelligence correctly interpreted the messages, which were anonymized.

Imagine what else they're doing.
    Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

6. Rock on:

StraightJ (08-19-19)