Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Buffalo Range 'State of the Union' 2019

  1. #81
    LiterateStylish's Avatar
    so fresh

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2003
    Posts
    32,284
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRokerij View Post
    Not that I even give a fuck, but I thought you have maintained all along that you did not own the site?
    No, I’ve said this multiple times.

    I bought the site from Rick and then a couple years later sold it to Jeff.

  2. #82
    StraightJ's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 7, 2003
    Posts
    15,833
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

    https://oathkeepers.org/about/

    Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

    https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

    My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

  3. #83
    StraightJ's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 7, 2003
    Posts
    15,833
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    This thread might be better titled "State of the Meat", as he is the one ring to rule them all now. Seers see. Frodo/Fredo started off on the right path, but had their trevails. Like a stock index, I think we could be served by a Meat Meter(tm), as he metes out justice, or does not.

    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

    https://oathkeepers.org/about/

    Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

    https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

    My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

  4. #84
    StraightJ's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 7, 2003
    Posts
    15,833
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Meat-Meter(tm) taking a dive, with memebers asking if he really has said he was on death's doorstep. The *EIGHT* bot threads today surely isn't helping his cause...tough break on that "coincidence", I really hope he steps up and finally does something against the BOTS. Lit posted some fear mongering against LINUX due to a 3 and a half year old backdoor that was intended to build a bot army, but we already have a bot problem here that the staff continues to REFUSE to address. For Meat's sake(heck all of our sake!), I hope the finally do so soon.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

    https://oathkeepers.org/about/

    Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

    https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

    My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

  5. #85
    Meathead's Avatar
    EMPEROR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 9, 2003
    Posts
    27,638

    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    i have a rare immune disorder that could kill me in ten years or ten minutes. since i caught it so late, i probably have closer to five years - unless the mast cells decided to invade a vital organ (which they do for unknown reasons at any time), then i could be gone before i finish this paragraph (zero exaggeration). regardless, you very rarely live past 70 with this disease and im 57

    it is a disease that is literally just a hair away from being categorized as cancer. it is neoplastic, meainging 'new' and 'unnatural' cell behavior, as well as myeloproliferative, meaning from the marrow and of course proliferative (unnaturally fast production). it is very close to leukemia except that it doesnt metastasize, its incurable, and it kills faster

    so the end is very similar to cancer. im sure weve all had the very unpleasant experience seeing someone we used to know as a live and vibrant transform into a shriveled runt from the ravages of cancer. unless im lucky and get hit by a bus first, that fate awaits me (if no organ hijacking is done first). so if you hear that ive died, its probably bc ive euthanized myself just before it gets to that last agonizing (for me and everyone else) stage
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

    Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

  6. #86
    StraightJ's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 7, 2003
    Posts
    15,833
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    i have a rare immune disorder that could kill me in ten years or ten minutes. since i caught it so late, i probably have closer to five years - unless the mast cells decided to invade a vital organ (which they do for unknown reasons at any time), then i could be gone before i finish this paragraph (zero exaggeration). regardless, you very rarely live past 70 with this disease and im 57

    it is a disease that is literally just a hair away from being categorized as cancer. it is neoplastic, meainging 'new' and 'unnatural' cell behavior, as well as myeloproliferative, meaning from the marrow and of course proliferative (unnaturally fast production). it is very close to leukemia except that it doesnt metastasize, its incurable, and it kills faster

    so the end is very similar to cancer. im sure weve all had the very unpleasant experience seeing someone we used to know as a live and vibrant transform into a shriveled runt from the ravages of cancer. unless im lucky and get hit by a bus first, that fate awaits me (if no organ hijacking is done first). so if you hear that ive died, its probably bc ive euthanized myself just before it gets to that last agonizing (for me and everyone else) stage
    Man, thanks for reminding me. My memory isn't the best and Ive probably been busting your balls a little much lately, but you yourself realized you may have been put into office as a "smiling face" puppet to paraphrase you(I dont want to put words in your mouth).

    As for going out on your own terms(life, I dont mean this office you hold), I respect anyone's right to make that choice as an American or simply a human being. When I see some old folks being milked as cash cows in nursing homes or hospitals, it doesn't sit right with me. For some of them, they are past the point where they even realize that choice exists, and I want to avoid that.

    Meat, you know Im pretty big into mocking those who rule us in real life, so if I do it on occasion to you as long as you're still in office, it isn't Meat I'm mocking, but the guy running the show. I am serious about the bots in the main forum though, and even asked Lit in a post to help your image and defeat them to give you your first victory in office(or else it gives me something to campaign against, lol). ...you know, I just realized I did the common "Long live (fill in blank with leader's name)" chant on here the night you took office, likely had been drinking, and was oblivious to the fact things were still this bad. I hope you didnt think I was being sarcastic, but either way I now realize it could still be seen as insensitive. Even worse, agreeing with the Bert clone was probably not in the best taste, but it sincerely wasnt against you as a person, I just really do want to mock the people running this into the ground, and this "Admin" guy is like some sort of legendary ghost, a shadowy figure...and apparently he has given all responsibility to you?

    Ok...I'm finally going to hit the "post" button, which isnt always easy for me....but I wanted to clear the air with you and get it off my chest after seeing you in that Russia thread. I'm not worried about being banned, I'm saying it because I actually care what you think, at least in regards to my interaction with you(not necessarily my worldview). You're a first ballow Range Hall Of Famer in my book, and I hope we bring that back.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

    https://oathkeepers.org/about/

    Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

    https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

    My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

  7. #87
    Meathead's Avatar
    EMPEROR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 9, 2003
    Posts
    27,638

    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    ahhh. one of your good, succinct, and highly relevant posts. i like them. i wish you did it more often

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    you yourself realized you may have been put into office as a "smiling face" puppet to paraphrase you
    i would bet on it. i will apologize to Ryan if i become convinced there really is a new owner, but im pretty sure its him and this "MH is emporer" thing is just to take the heat off him. but its also possible the merger talk is real and he wants my help in defining the new board. i can hope, cant i?

    fwiw, i think too many posters are far too brutal on him. i dont say this bc im an admin, i could give a fuck about that. in fact, i WANT to be returned to a regular user. but requests to Ryan and admin asking for such have always been ignored. i say ppl are too hard on him bc Ryan is probably #1 of all posters who have grown the most in the last decade. granted, he started out as a flaming abusive asshole, but even back then he often could be very helpful to users that needed it. so his relative improvement is greater than anybody i can think of

    sure, we SHOULD jump on him when he relapses, but probably not so hard. many of yall are just plain vicious to him when he doesnt deserve it. its not a good look when youse do that

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    As for going out on your own terms, I respect anyone's right to make that choice as an American or simply a human being. When I see some old folks being milked as cash cows in nursing homes or hospitals, it doesn't sit right with me. For some of them, they are past the point where they even realize that choice exists, and I want to avoid that.
    in buddhist sunday schools they have some days where they go over concepts from The Tibetian Book of the Dead. its an ominous sounding book to westerners, but thats just in the translation, i think. its actually about how to deal with death IN A HEALTHY MANNER

    western philosophies opine that death is the enemy, to be avoided at all costs, to wring every second out of life that you can, even if that "life" is perpetual suffering. Easterners view death as a natural transition - not only for the one dying but especially for the ones who remain close to the situation. death is a golden opportunity for rapid growth, to heal an old grievance, even to make highly dysfunctional families functional again. sounds pretty fucking smart of the chinks

    however, i will admit that the buddha taught that suicide is among the biggest sins you can commit. but heres a clue: the buddha HIMSELF euthanized himself intentionally when he ate some fish that he knew was badly spoiled. this was at a documented time when he had become old and suffering with serious health problems. so by easy deduction you can tell that the buddha himself drew a line separating simple suicide with merciful euthanasia to eliminate endless suffering with no hope of recovery

    and of course, that should be a natural right by birth. we dont want people who are 25 and get dumped by their target of hardcore infatuation to be killing themselves. but if you are going to die anyway, or if your only life is being kept alive to suffer another year or whatever, then you should have the right to say turn me off - better yet, inject me with something so i trip out peacefully and die

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    Meat, you know Im pretty big into mocking those who rule us in real life, so if I do it on occasion to you as long as you're still in office, it isn't Meat I'm mocking, but the guy running the show.
    the only reason i care about that is 1) posters will make automatic assumptions bc i have the admin title, even tho its probably a diversionary facade. 2) a large percentage of posters LOVE attacking whoever is in charge of anything. its an anti-authoritah complex; 3) i dont want you to encourage them to join you in your (intended as playful) mocking campaign, bc if it catches on i will just leave and not come back. i dont think thats what you want so i would tone it down


    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I am serious about the bots in the main forum though, and even asked Lit in a post to help your image and defeat them to give you your first victory in office(or else it gives me something to campaign against, lol).
    like ive said, my guess is that he gets paid to allow the bots in the forums. and since most of them have switched from "Introductions and Feedback" to the hockey forum, he probably gets paid more for the latter as it gets more activity

    believe me, i seriously hate the bot posts, and i try to delete as many as i can. but they come in every eight minutes or less, so im just shoveling shit against the tide. i cant even use the hockey forum bc im forced to see every "moderated" bot post that you cant see. so for ten pages there might be moderated bot posts before i get to the first real user post

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I just realized I did the common "Long live (fill in blank with leader's name)" chant on here the night you took office, likely had been drinking, and was oblivious to the fact things were still this bad. I hope you didnt think I was being sarcastic, but either way I now realize it could still be seen as insensitive. Even worse, agreeing with the Bert clone was probably not in the best taste, but it sincerely wasnt against you as a person, I just really do want to mock the people running this into the ground, and this "Admin" guy is like some sort of legendary ghost, a shadowy figure...and apparently he has given all responsibility to you?
    dont worry about past things you said mocking my probably faux title. just be aware it could encourage others to do it too, and i will only take so much of that before just bailing on this place

    i agree with you on the admin thing. technically, it IS possible this Jeff guy exists and hes so disinterested/distracted that he doesnt want to bother and wanted me to set the tone and take care of infractions. but if that was the case, why did i get no additional abilities above mod? i guess what i said is ALL he wants from me, which is fine. but dont leave me with the burden of the Admin title if im just doing mod stuff

    further, Admin has completely ignored my emails requesting a return to a regular poster. do you know who else completely ignores similar PMs? thats right, Ryan. you would think a new owner would at least have the courtesy of replying to his only active mod (besides Ryan before the change). So that seems highly suspicious that it more likely is Ryan who is admin and made the switch to take the focus off himself - which to a degree i understand. but if thats the case, its kind of insulting to make me your stooge

    as soon as i finish it, i will post my vision for the range, the structure i think it should have, and the basics of the TOS we should be enforcing. if nothing happens, then we will all know i am his unwilling stooge. if changes ive laid out start occurring, then the possibility rises that Admin might actually not be Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ
    You're a first ballow Range Hall Of Famer in my book, and I hope we bring that back.
    oh hell the fuck, no

    dont you remember the perpetual shitshow that emerged the last time we tried that HOF thing? you may recall moonie tried to nominate me early and i declined bc i wanted no part of that. it turns people into total assholes, trying to one-up each other in a bid to get votes

    it was ugly and as long as im here i want nothing to do with a HOF
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

    Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

  8. Rock on:

    StraightJ (08-17-19)

  9. #88
    Woody's Avatar
    An Elite Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 31, 2002
    Posts
    9,815
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post

    oh hell the fuck, no

    dont you remember the perpetual shitshow that emerged the last time we tried that HOF thing? you may recall moonie tried to nominate me early and i declined bc i wanted no part of that. it turns people into total assholes, trying to one-up each other in a bid to get votes

    it was ugly and as long as im here i want nothing to do with a HOF
    Make a HOF for bots then. I doubt Mike is going to get upset if ICE gets in there before he does.

    Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

  10. #89
    jc856's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2, 2006
    Posts
    1,980
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Make a HOF for bots then. I doubt Mike is going to get upset if ICE gets in there before he does.
    “Only when us bots get rid of humans, only then will range improve.”~ Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •