Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't take Duke Williams for granted

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post

Not a bad highlight reel
    Duke Williams will have to make the most of his opportunities and have some great preseason games if he wants to secure the #6 WR spot.
    L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Duke Williams will have to make the most of his opportunities and have some great preseason games if he wants to secure the #6 WR spot.
    Not only that, but he will have to do things off the ball as well.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    I heard he’s been a huge letdown this training camp. But he’s been said to not really try until the games start so....

When are we going to draft a real WR?

Tired of these patchwork WR corps we’ve been fiddling with for the last 15 years.
    Actually, I'd love to have Watkins, Goodwin, Woods, and Hogan again this year...only with a halfway decent QB who can throw them the ball.

Regarding Duke, I was excited for the signing b/c I remembered him from Auburn and had wondered what happened to him. But the CFL is not close to the NFL in terms of talent...he may as well have still been in college. I doubt he makes the team. They will roll with Jones, Beasley, Brown, Foster, (for some reason) Roberts, and then if they keep another guy it will be McCloud or McKenzie.

4. Rock on:

seandelevan (08-05-19)

Range Member

Status

Groan
    Duke is going to have to step up if he wants a roster spot.

Both McCloud and Isaiah McKenzie are having good camps.

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post
    Duke is going to have to step up if he wants a roster spot.

Both McCloud and Isaiah McKenzie are having good camps.
    From all the training camp reports I'm reading it sounds like Isaiah McKenzie is playing very well and almost locked down the #6 WR role.
    L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

Range Member

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    From all the training camp reports I'm reading it sounds like Isaiah McKenzie is playing very well and almost locked down the #6 WR role.
    It sounded like Ray Ray was in that spot early but McKenzie is putting up a fight.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post
    It sounded like Ray Ray was in that spot early but McKenzie is putting up a fight.
    It seems like an EPIC battle for that spot, from all I have seen. I have mixed feelings on Beaner's avoiding legit stars and battle of mediocrity, but I suppose once we are well into the season we can see how it works out. If no gaping holes are remaining next offseason from his earlier miscues, the Bills may have an opportunity to draft a 1st round WR in a supposedly historic WR draft class next spring. Seandelevan may be a happy guy for once, but knowing this team, I would not bet money on it.

The Bills really could use a WR with size, but from current reports it seems like both Sills and Spuds will be on the outside looking in when the final cuts are made.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Range Member

Status

Groan
    The wr group does scare me a little.

They have had decent press up to now but when it comes to playing real games I worry about them.

Brown seems to be having a nice camp but he has never been a #1 and I expect he'll struggle dealing with the other teams #1 cb.

Beasley is a solid complementary player but more is going to be expected of him here.

Roberts is being used with the starters in the 4 wr sets, and it sounds like hes playing decently, but he wasn't good enough at wr for previous teams why do we expect him to be now?

And then we have Zay and Foster who had big roles layed out for them to take and they are letting them slip through their fingers.

Hopefully McCloud or McKenzie can contribute but how much is a #6 wr going to help an offense?

Range Member

Status

Groan
    Spreading the ball around will be the game plan but when the game is on the line someone is going to have to make a play.....i don't know who that's going to be.

Range Member

Status

Groan
    I don't blame Beane for not going harder to find a #1 wr.

There weren't any worth it in FA and I'm happy with our draft.

I don't think any wr from this draft would played a major role on this team.....Ford and Oliver will.

Hopefully we can draft a #1 wr next year.