Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: House Republicans Pressuring Amazon to Sell Gay Conversion Therapy Books

  1. #1
    Laughing Coffin's Avatar
    Common Sense King

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 9, 2008
    Posts
    2,401
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0

    House Republicans Pressuring Amazon to Sell Gay Conversion Therapy Books

    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...EmoDv96V1OUM30

    Aren't Republicans supposed to be supportive of less government? Where does a government agency pressuring private corporations on what they can or cannot sell if they are not breaking the law fall under? lol

    Republicans butthurt about a private corporation censoring free speech, but they didn't mind when Kaepernick was essentially blackballed from the NFL for the same thing

  2. #2
    Angry Byrds's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 29, 2008
    Posts
    7,831
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...EmoDv96V1OUM30

    Aren't Republicans supposed to be supportive of less government? Where does a government agency pressuring private corporations on what they can or cannot sell if they are not breaking the law fall under? lol

    Republicans butthurt about a private corporation censoring free speech, but they didn't mind when Kaepernick was essentially blackballed from the NFL for the same thing
    I agree, the government shouldn’t get involved, and I’m glad Kaep is kneeling at home in front of his tv instead of at his job.

  3. #3
    foster's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 24, 2004
    Posts
    5,913
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...EmoDv96V1OUM30

    Aren't Republicans supposed to be supportive of less government? Where does a government agency pressuring private corporations on what they can or cannot sell if they are not breaking the law fall under? lol

    Republicans butthurt about a private corporation censoring free speech, but they didn't mind when Kaepernick was essentially blackballed from the NFL for the same thing
    It's like when they are all for "State's Rights" until the State does something they don't like....

  4. #4
    SackMan518's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 31, 2017
    Posts
    4,440
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    I think it's dumb but if they're going to sell books on why your son should chop off his weiner and become a girl why not this? They're both extreme lunacy.
    Sack

  5. #5
    Laughing Coffin's Avatar
    Common Sense King

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 9, 2008
    Posts
    2,401
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SackMan518 View Post
    I think it's dumb but if they're going to sell books on why your son should chop off his weiner and become a girl why not this? They're both extreme lunacy.
    It's their choice

  6. #6
    SackMan518's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 31, 2017
    Posts
    4,440
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    It's their choice
    They're a private business so they should have that choice just like that baker in Colorado. The House Republicans are only doing this to make a point to Leftists who would undoubtedly brigade Amazon if they had said they weren't going to sell any LGB books. Can you imagine the public outcry if that were the case? Turnabout is fair play.
    Sack

  7. Rock on:

    Angry Byrds (07-19-19)

  8. #7
    212frawk's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 1, 2014
    Posts
    3,805
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    that ^ right there is classic whataboutism. its all MAGATs got.

  9. Rock on:

    f8ta1ity54 (07-19-19)

  10. #8
    Angry Byrds's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 29, 2008
    Posts
    7,831
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    that ^ right there is classic whataboutism. its all MAGATs got.
    Why he didn’t defend the republicans, he agreed. But he’s right the Dems would get bent out of shape, but I expect it from them, they have to have their noses in everything.

  11. #9
    Woody's Avatar
    An Elite Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 31, 2002
    Posts
    9,676
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SackMan518 View Post
    I think it's dumb but if they're going to sell books on why your son should chop off his weiner and become a girl why not this? They're both extreme lunacy.
    Gay Conversion Therapy doesn't work so there's no sense in selling it. At least chopping off your sausage will provide you with the desired outcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

  12. #10
    SackMan518's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 31, 2017
    Posts
    4,440
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    Why he didn’t defend the republicans, he agreed. But he’s right the Dems would get bent out of shape, but I expect it from them, they have to have their noses in everything.
    Come on, 212Fraud can't put a series of rational and logical thoughts together to form an argument and is too dumb to see that I can disagree with what certain Republicans do but understand the tactics behind it.
    Sack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •