Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump's party friend Jeffrey Epstein arrested on child sex trafficking

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Donald Trump's party friend Jeffrey Epstein arrested on child sex trafficking

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9011031.html

US financier and registered sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has been denied bail ahead of his trial on sex trafficking charges.

The decision by a federal judge means Epstein will remain behind bars, despite the offer of a large bail package.

Prosecutors had argued Epstein should remain jailed while he fights the charges he exploited dozens of girls in New York and Florida in the early 2000s. They say due to his wealth he has the means to flee and is a flight risk.

But his defence team had said he should be allowed to await trial under house arrest with electronic monitoring at his $77m (£62m) Manhattan mansion. They said he won’t try to flee and would be willing to pledge a fortune of at least $559m (£447m) as collateral.

At a hearing earlier this week, assistant US attorney Alex Rossmiller said the government’s case against Epstein was “getting stronger every single day” as more women contact authorities to say he sexually abused them when they were minors.

One of his accusers who said she was sexually abused by Epstein when she was 14 in Palm Beach, Florida, pleaded with the judge to keep him jailed.

“He’s a scary person to have walking the streets,” Courtney Wild said during the Monday hearing.

One of the reasons prosecutors argued Epstein posed a particular flight risk was the abundance of cash and jewels found in a safe during a raid by police at his New York property. They found $70,000 in cash alongside 48 loose diamonds, including some more than 2 carats, and a diamond ring.

Furthermore, they found an expired foreign passport featuring a photograph of Epstein, but in a different name and which had been used in four countries.

Mr Epstein’s lawyers had argued the document had been given to him by a friend and had already been used when he got it, and the reason he had it was because “some Jewish-Americans were informally advised at the time to carry identification bearing a non-Jewish name when traveling internationally in case of hijacking.”

First assistant US attorney Alison Moe said for the prosecution: “The government is currently unaware of whether the defendant maintains similar stashes of cash and/or jewels at his multiple properties.

“Such ready cash and loose diamonds are consistent with the capability to leave the jurisdiction at a moment’s notice.”

Speaking about the passport found at his house, she said it shows Epstein knew how to obtain false travel documents and added to the risk he may flee the US.

On Monday, federal agents said they had also found “nude photographs of what appeared to be underage girls” while searching his Manhattan mansion.

Prosecutors have also argued Epstein was a risk of trying to influence witnesses after it was discovered he had paid a total of $350,000 to two people, including a former employee, in the last year.

The news of the payments came after the Miami Herald reported the circumstances of his state court conviction in 2008, which led to a 13-month jail term and a plea deal that allowed him to avoid a federal prosecution.

Donald Trump’s labour secretary Alexander Acosta resigned last week after coming under renewed criticism for overseeing the decade-old arrangement while he was US attorney in Miami.

Lawyers for Epstein said their client has stayed clean since pleading guilty to soliciting a minor for prostitution charges in Florida in 2008 and that the federal government is reneging on the plea deal.

On Wednesday, old footage of Mr Trump and Epstein at a party surfaced after the president tried to distance himself from the sex offender.

Trump only hangs out with the best Paedophiles and child sex traffickers.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    I'm on wait and see about this one, but after this little shindig, Trump and Epstein hung out at Mara Lago with 287 "Calendar" Girls that Trump had flown in for a weekend. No one else, just those two.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9011031.html

Trump only hangs out with the best Paeldophiles and child sex traffickers.
    If Trump is guilty of anything having to do with this creep I hope he goes down. I haven’t heard anything from the Clinton camp lately though. Hmmmm..........

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I bet a lot of lawyers that are on retainer are working overtime

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    It’s beyond my imagination why men that have everything can’t get pleasure from a legal age girl. But I guess I don’t think like a predator.

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jc856 View Post
    It’s beyond my imagination why men that have everything can’t get pleasure from a legal age girl. But I guess I don’t think like a predator.

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

7. Rock on:

jc856 (07-19-19)

I'm a Bad Boy

Status
    Groan
    To the OP author, TDS much?

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    To the OP author, TDS much?
    Yeah, Trump should totally get a free pass from his shady past.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    "Donald Trump's Friend." LOL. Let's be honest, he was anyone with moneys friend but some were friendlier that others. Say what you want about Trump but his association with Epstein isn't as strong as you'd like. Another dud story. Epstein is toast but don't expect the Don to go down with him unless a whole lot of other people take the fall as well. Also, I don't think everyone who went there was involved in total degeneracy with underage girls and the like but a good portion probably were. Democrats are getting really desperate since this is going to kill off Slick Willy more than Trump, mutually assured destruction could happen.

Sack

11. Rock on:

Angry Byrds (07-19-19)

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.