Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ESPN's Barnwell; Not high on allen, but the Bills defense is very good

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    30+ are not needed. Only three teams had 30+ last year. With our D haveing 25+ would be great. However, also that we will not get. I think we need 22+ to be competitive with the same def. That could get us in the playoffs. one more TD per game. Considering that we will field at least a somewhat professional Offense with an actual Offense Line, this is at least possible. But Allen needs to be able to hit the broad side of a barn, especially after identifying which barn to throw at. lets see...
    That would be great, with the exception being that your QB cannot lead the team in rushing this year.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    How many championships (or even playoffs) did Calvin Johnson win for Detroit?
    Why is it only championships that matter? Was Calvin Johnson not great, or Barry Sanders, or any number of players who went to Canton without winning a championship?

Calvin Johnson put up great numbers without the benefit of a running game. In other words, even though the defense knew Detroit was throwing the ball he still did his job at an exceptionally high level. That's pretty remarkable. But, they didn't win a super bowl so the numbers mean nothing?

3. Rock on:

junglesouljah (07-21-19)

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    Why is it only championships that matter? Was Calvin Johnson not great, or Barry Sanders, or any number of players who went to Canton without winning a championship?

Calvin Johnson put up great numbers without the benefit of a running game. In other words, even though the defense knew Detroit was throwing the ball he still did his job at an exceptionally high level. That's pretty remarkable. But, they didn't win a super bowl so the numbers mean nothing?
    It's Lit logic, it doesn't have to make sense. According to his logic, Dan Marino was nothing because he didn't win the super bowl.

It's not Calvin Johnson's fault he was on a bad team and succeeded as a WR even when he was double and triple-teamed. It's not Barry Sanders fault he was on a bad team and still dominated as a RB even when defenses game planned to stop him.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Oh look, another water is wet post.

Now remind us, how many rings does that “superior” franchise have over Cleveland?
    Which franchise has won more games the past 10 years Cleveland or Atlanta?
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    It's Lit logic, it doesn't have to make sense. According to his logic, Dan Marino was nothing because he didn't win the super bowl.

It's not Calvin Johnson's fault he was on a bad team and succeeded as a WR even when he was double and triple-teamed. It's not Barry Sanders fault he was on a bad team and still dominated as a RB even when defenses game planned to stop him.
    Good players win awards, good teams win super bowls (sometimes). ;-)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    How many championships (or even playoffs) did Calvin Johnson win for Detroit?
    What does that matter? He was a great player for a lot of years. And the point was that swinging and missing at a certain position shouldn't stop you from drafting a good player.

8. Rock on:

junglesouljah (07-23-19)