Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What if the Bills go 8-8?

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Sadly....8-8 is better than I think they’ll really do this season. I’d be mildly surprised if they go fucking 8-8. This team screams 5-7 wins...like every year. So 8-8 would be an improvement. Which sadly saves McDermotts ass.

Don’t want to hear about strength of schedule either. It’s bullshit. Every time I hear the Bills have an easy schedule it fucking blows up in their face. Remember being swept by the god awful nfc west 10 years ago or so? I do.
    Since you hate McDermott so much, who would you replace him with? Who would you replace GM Beane with?

What happens if Buffalo win 9 or 10 games? Do you change your opinion about McDermott then?

What does a Buffalo Bills team 10 years ago have anything to do with today's team? It's a different regime, with a different GM and head coach, so you are grasping at straws to try to compare the current regime with a regime 10 years ago.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

2. Rock on:

Sucked In Again (07-19-19)

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewMan View Post
    Changed the culture of losing...................LOL..........................for one week!
    Making the playoffs for the first time in 17 years is kind of a big deal. LOL, all you want you Patriots troll but getting into the playoffs was/is a big deal. It starts with small steps, you don't get to the Super Bowl without winning playoff games.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Lmao.

Dalton hits a miracle pass and SUDDENLY the entire culture changes!

hahahaha
    The mental gymnastics you go through to try and pretend the Buffalo Bills playoff appearance didn't happen is hilarious. Go support your New England Patriots.
    L*t is a losser

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    The mental gymnastics you go through to try and pretend the Buffalo Bills playoff appearance didn't happen is hilarious. Go support your New England Patriots.
    LOL.

The irony.

The only one doing mental gymnastics is YOU!

We changed the culture by lucking into 1 playoff birth... and then going 6-10 the next season?

LMAO!
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

Status
    Groan
    Having WR's that actually catch TD passes might help Buffalo win more than 8 games.

L*t is a losser

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    LOL.

The irony.

The only one doing mental gymnastics is YOU!

We changed the culture by lucking into 1 playoff birth... and then going 6-10 the next season?

LMAO!
    Buffalo had a rookie QB start a majority of it's games last year, you generally don't win a lot of games when a rookie QB starts.

Buffalo also shed $70 million in dead cap space last year in order to free up cap space for future years, that limited the number of free agents Beane could sign.
    L*t is a losser

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    Personally I'm willing to give Beane a longer leash than McDermott. The plan wasn't to play Allen at all last year, we didn't do a good job securing his bench warming season and we threw him into the fire and for the most part I feel good about JA going into year 2. I think we'll see his accuracy jump up into the very low 60% range, all he needs to do is hit a few checkdowns instead of throwing the ball away because his eyes were downfield looking for a big play

Resident Pessimist

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Since you hate McDermott so much, who would you replace him with? Who would you replace GM Beane with?

What happens if Buffalo win 9 or 10 games? Do you change your opinion about McDermott then?

What does a Buffalo Bills team 10 years ago have anything to do with today's team? It's a different regime, with a different GM and head coach, so you are grasping at straws to try to compare the current regime with a regime 10 years ago.
    If McDermott wins 9-10 games this year then fuck yeah he can stay. That’s what I want. I just don’t see it. I don’t necessarily “hate” McDermott, I just hate his philosophy. It’s archaic and outdated. And the bullshit I’ve seen during the McBeane era has really been the same bullshit from the Donahoe era, the Nix era, and the Whaley era. 6-8ish wins, reliant on defense and the run game, reaching for players, weird ass trades, drama, etc. This is a season on the brink for McBeane. If they win less than 8 games...can their asses...because they are just doing the same bullshit. Bring in someone offensive minded and creative.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan
    A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio
    If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Jauron was a couple of players away as is Sean. Unfortunately one of them is and was qb. I love the job mcbean has done bringing in talent and laying foundations.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    It's not just a McDermott thing. It's a McDermott, Beane, and Josh Allen thing. If Allen is good this year, then McDermott will look pretty good. If Allen struggles, then we will take this song and dance into 2020 with a new offensive coordinator and if that doesn't work, it will be on to the next regime.

Sean McDermott is a defensive guy. The defense has played solidly most of his time here. Part of being a good HC is finding a competent play caller for the OTHER side of the ball. How good is Brian Daboll? I don't know but I'm not overly optimistic. He's better than Denison for sure but that isn't saying much. Part of McVay's success was being smart enough to land a proven defensive coordinator to handle the side of the ball that isn't his specialty.

Coaching "continuity" is a bullshit stat or metric or whatever. It's actually a pseudo statistic that is inherently flawed and I'm embarrassed for people when they use it as a crutch. Good teams have continuity with coaches because they've hired good coaches that deserve to keep their jobs. Bad teams, like the Browns and Bills, get shit on for constantly changing coaches but can anyone go back to find a coach that was fired from either team that has done shit anywhere else? No. Because all of those firings were correct because all of the hires were incorrect and on top of that, they had shitty QBs.
    Last edited by Buffalo13; 07-22-19 at 05:21 AM.

12. Rock on:

seandelevan (07-23-19),Victor7 (07-22-19)