Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Great video, pay attention around 5:25 for those screaming tax the rich to pay for healthcare

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I disagree with the premise. CD, Ticket, Merchandise sales vs service rendered. It's not the same. No one has to buy a CD, go to a concert or buy a T-Shirt, but people eventually end up needing medical care. If the sales out-weight the service provider's income, that's just apples to oranges.
    Both, Doctor's and Rock Stars provide a service, and I'm talking about fairness.

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    Both, Doctor's and Rock Stars provide a service, and I'm talking about fairness.
    Dr's don't sell merchandise and how many days does it take to see enough patients to equal the number of people a top rock act plays to in one night?
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post

UnitedHealth - the largest health insurance company in the world - reported an 81% medical cost ratio in 2018.

Yea those guys are really taking it on the chin.......

UnitedHealth Group Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results

Thu July 18, 2019 5:55 AM|Business Wire|About: UNH

• Total Revenues of $60.6 Billion Grew 8% Year-Over-Year
    • Earnings from Operations Increased 13% to $4.7 Billion
    • Net Earnings of $3.42 Per Share Grew 15% Year-Over-Year
    • Adjusted Net Earnings of $3.60 Per Share Grew 15% Year-Over-Year
    • Cash Flows from Operations were $5.9 Billion in the Quarter

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) reported second quarter 2019 results with continued well diversified strength in performance.

“Our results in the quarter reflect strong and balanced performance from both Optum and UnitedHealthcare and are driven by the 320,000 women and men of UnitedHealth Group who focus every day on creating value for those we serve,” said David S. Wichmann, chief executive officer of UnitedHealth Group.

Based on strong first half 2019 results and confidence in the remainder of the year, the Company increased its full year net earnings outlook to $13.95 to $14.15 per share, and adjusted net earnings to $14.70 to $14.90 per share.

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Yes, they go into school knowing they will get paid $300k.

That's why they do it.

Duh...

No, I haven't.

You've just been repeatedly schooled.

1) You say we can afford medicare-for-all, but can't tell me on viable way to pay for it.

2) You say that doctors make too much, but when you look at the expenses of that career, they make a very meager wage.

3) You say that it should be "you get sick, you get treated" - But that's not how it works in the Countries that do EXACTLY what you want US to do.

You have been repeatedly smacked around.
    You're a fucking idiot.

I and other gave you several ideas on how to pay for it. Being the whiny little bitch you are that believes you're always right, you shot those down.
    I never said Doctors make too much. I said, nobody NEEDS to make 300K a year (Speaking of Anesthesiologists, specifically) and can live a hell of a good life on 200K.
    Yes, that is actually how it works in those countries. Are there cases where people have to wait? Of course. I've been waiting a month to get into see my Dr HERE, btw, so shit happens everywhere.

The only thing you've smacked around recently, is probably your old, shriveled up mushroom dick

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

5. Groan:

billsin2050 (07-20-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    You're a fucking idiot.

I and other gave you several ideas on how to pay for it. Being the whiny little bitch you are that believes you're always right, you shot those down.
    I never said Doctors make too much. I said, nobody NEEDS to make 300K a year (Speaking of Anesthesiologists, specifically) and can live a hell of a good life on 200K.
    Yes, that is actually how it works in those countries. Are there cases where people have to wait? Of course. I've been waiting a month to get into see my Dr HERE, btw, so shit happens everywhere.

The only thing you've smacked around recently, is probably your old, shriveled up mushroom dick
    Please don't try to tell others how much they "need" to earn. That's simply your own opinion. There should be no mandated "limits" on what a person "should" earn. Come on now.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    I and other gave you several ideas on how to pay for it.
    And every idea was more stupid than the last.

After destroying every "idea" you had, you couldn't even come up with a rebuttal.

If I say "I want the Bills to sign Aaron Rodgers".

And you say "How?"

And I give 3 insanely stupid answers that are impossible ... thats what you are doing.

Again, math.

Federal: 44100.50
    Fica: 8239.80
    Medicare: 2900.00
    State: 13038.01
    FLI: 107.97
    SDI: 31.20
    Net Pay: 131,582.52

- 33,000 in student debt repayment
    - 21,000 in malpractice insurance
    - 11,000 benefits
    - 1,000 umbrella insurance

= $65,000 net anually

It's probably a tad higher because some of the insurance comes out pre-tax, but considering i'm not counting dues, practice (rent), and other physician related expenses, this is a very fair number for you.

You're telling me that you are so fucking ignorant that you can't understand that we would have NO DOCTORS LEFT if people had to go to school for 12 years to net $65k per year????

You can't see past your own nose.

Cases?

NO!

EVERYONE.

A month is NOTHING.

The average wait time is FOUR months in Europe and Canada just to see the doctor, 6 Weeks for an MRI, and then 10 MONTHS for surgery.

It's not even comparable.

You're the typical millennial liberal, whether you classify yourself as one or not.

And its the exact reason I refuse to call myself liberal even though I have some liberal leaning stances.

"I want it so I must have it!!!" wahhhhh
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    And every idea was more stupid than the last.

After destroying every "idea" you had, you couldn't even come up with a rebuttal.

If I say "I want the Bills to sign Aaron Rodgers".

And you say "How?"

And I give 3 insanely stupid answers that are impossible ... thats what you are doing.

Again, math.

Federal: 44100.50
    Fica: 8239.80
    Medicare: 2900.00
    State: 13038.01
    FLI: 107.97
    SDI: 31.20
    Net Pay: 131,582.52

- 33,000 in student debt repayment
    - 21,000 in malpractice insurance
    - 11,000 benefits
    - 1,000 umbrella insurance

= $65,000 net anually

It's probably a tad higher because some of the insurance comes out pre-tax, but considering i'm not counting dues, practice (rent), and other physician related expenses, this is a very fair number for you.

You're telling me that you are so fucking ignorant that you can't understand that we would have NO DOCTORS LEFT if people had to go to school for 12 years to net $65k per year????

You can't see past your own nose.

Cases?

NO!

EVERYONE.

A month is NOTHING.

The average wait time is FOUR months in Europe and Canada just to see the doctor, 6 Weeks for an MRI, and then 10 MONTHS for surgery.

It's not even comparable.

You're the typical millennial liberal, whether you classify yourself as one or not.

And its the exact reason I refuse to call myself liberal even though I have some liberal leaning stances.

"I want it so I must have it!!!" wahhhhh
    LOL. Blame the "rich" for all of life's ills. Off with their heads! A revolution would solve everything! Why be a doctor just to make as much as a customer service rep? No incentive to succeed, people. Wake the hell up.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by thebowmanbody View Post
    LOL. Blame the "rich" for all of life's ills. Off with their heads! A revolution would solve everything! Why be a doctor just to make as much as a customer service rep? No incentive to succeed, people. Wake the hell up.
    That's the thing - Doctors aren't even rich!

Their take home pay after expenses is around $100k to $150k.

That is NOT rich.
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

10. Rock on:

jc856 (07-18-19)

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    Yea those guys are really taking it on the chin.......

UnitedHealth Group Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results

Thu July 18, 2019 5:55 AM|Business Wire|About: UNH

• Total Revenues of $60.6 Billion Grew 8% Year-Over-Year
    • Earnings from Operations Increased 13% to $4.7 Billion
    • Net Earnings of $3.42 Per Share Grew 15% Year-Over-Year
    • Adjusted Net Earnings of $3.60 Per Share Grew 15% Year-Over-Year
    • Cash Flows from Operations were $5.9 Billion in the Quarter

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) reported second quarter 2019 results with continued well diversified strength in performance.

“Our results in the quarter reflect strong and balanced performance from both Optum and UnitedHealthcare and are driven by the 320,000 women and men of UnitedHealth Group who focus every day on creating value for those we serve,” said David S. Wichmann, chief executive officer of UnitedHealth Group.

Based on strong first half 2019 results and confidence in the remainder of the year, the Company increased its full year net earnings outlook to $13.95 to $14.15 per share, and adjusted net earnings to $14.70 to $14.90 per share.
    Because they're the largest in the world (meaning they have A LOT of customers.

But their per customer profit is not much.

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by thebowmanbody View Post
    Please don't try to tell others how much they "need" to earn. That's simply your own opinion. There should be no mandated "limits" on what a person "should" earn. Come on now.
    I did not say how much anybody needs to earn, I said you don’t need to make 300K a year and that you can still live a hell of a life on 200k. There’s a difference

Seek help. soflabillsfan