Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 100

Thread: Great video, pay attention around 5:25 for those screaming tax the rich to pay for healthcare

  1. #61
    LiterateStylish's Avatar
    so fresh

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2003
    Posts
    32,190
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Doctor's Salaries is a matter of opinion, not right or wrong
    The only people who argue that doctors make too much are ignorant people who don’t understand WHY they make so much.

    Doctors don’t enter the workforce until they’re 30 to 33.

    Meaning, you’ve been working for 10+ years (and making money) by the time they make their first cent.

    Secondly, doctors leave college with an average debt of close to $200,000.

    They have a mortgage sized debt, just in student loans!

    Third, doctors have to pay out of their own pocket for liability and malpractice insurance.

    Fourth, doctors that aren’t employed by a massive hospital have to pay all their own benefits.

    The reason Doctors make so much is because they have a special skill AND they have so many more expenses than you do.
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

  2. Rock on:

    jc856 (07-16-19)

  3. #62
    jc856's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2, 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    The only people who argue that doctors make too much are ignorant people who don’t understand WHY they make so much.

    Doctors don’t enter the workforce until they’re 30 to 33.

    Meaning, you’ve been working for 10+ years (and making money) by the time they make their first cent.

    Secondly, doctors leave college with an average debt of close to $200,000.

    They have a mortgage sized debt, just in student loans!

    Third, doctors have to pay out of their own pocket for liability and malpractice insurance.

    Fourth, doctors that aren’t employed by a massive hospital have to pay all their own benefits.

    The reason Doctors make so much is because they have a special skill AND they have so many more expenses than you do.
    All parts true, except residents do make money, although minimal ~ 30-50k$?

  4. #63
    HipKat's Avatar
    Fah Q

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    6,407
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    The only people who argue that doctors make too much are ignorant people who don’t understand WHY they make so much.

    Doctors don’t enter the workforce until they’re 30 to 33.

    Meaning, you’ve been working for 10+ years (and making money) by the time they make their first cent.

    Secondly, doctors leave college with an average debt of close to $200,000.

    They have a mortgage sized debt, just in student loans!

    Third, doctors have to pay out of their own pocket for liability and malpractice insurance.

    Fourth, doctors that aren’t employed by a massive hospital have to pay all their own benefits.

    The reason Doctors make so much is because they have a special skill AND they have so many more expenses than you do.
    Almost $300,000 for an anesthesiologist. I’ll just leave that right there
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”


    Twitter: @HKTheResistance

    HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

  5. #64
    jc856's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2, 2006
    Posts
    1,947
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Almost $300,000 for an anesthesiologist. I’ll just leave that right there
    Hip, what do you think is a fair salary for an anesthesiologist? And are you saying that it’s not a specialty, that a nurse anesthetist with different training and less salary could do the same job?

  6. #65
    LiterateStylish's Avatar
    so fresh

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2003
    Posts
    32,190
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Almost $300,000 for an anesthesiologist. I’ll just leave that right there
    I don’t say this to be rude, but you truly have no perspective at all.

    You can’t see further than your own nose.

    It’s not as simple as saying “oh they make more than me, not fairrrr”.

    Take your $300k salary figure...

    Gross Pay: 300,000.00
    Federal Tax: 78,863.50
    Fica: 8,239.80
    Medicare: 5,250.00
    State: 21,081.20
    FLI: 107.97
    SDI: 31.20
    Net Pay: 186,426.33

    $186,426
    - 33,000 in student debt repayment
    - 21,000 in malpractice insurance
    - 11,000 benefits
    - 1,000 umbrella insurance

    Actual net pay: $120,000 per year.

    They spent 12 years in school, and their reward is to net $120k per year.

    It’s not as simple as “wahhh, they make more!”

    Yes, because they have a skill most people don’t. Just like NFL players.

    What did you go to school for? What do you do?
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

  7. Rock on:

    billsin2050 (07-20-19)

  8. #66
    LiterateStylish's Avatar
    so fresh

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2003
    Posts
    32,190
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    I also forgot to mention. They start their career at an average age of 32 t34.

    The average non-doctor working, making 40k per year from age of 22, had already made nearly HALF A MILLION dollars while the doctor was in school.

  9. #67
    jamsim67's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 19, 2017
    Posts
    2,062
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Almost $300,000 for an anesthesiologist. I’ll just leave that right there
    If you were playing bass in a very successful metal band, selling 50 million cd's a year, sold out concerts, endorsements, promotions, and through it all making 25 million a year, do you think it would be fair if our politicians said "hey, he makes to much, lets switch to a socialized music industry, where the successful musicians can top out at $300,000 a year." You will work just as hard, probably harder, but you won't see nearly the money that you should, because it's just not fair. How would you feel about that?

  10. #68
    HipKat's Avatar
    Fah Q

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    6,407
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    I don’t say this to be rude, but you truly have no perspective at all.

    You can’t see further than your own nose.

    It’s not as simple as saying “oh they make more than me, not fairrrr”.

    Take your $300k salary figure...

    Gross Pay: 300,000.00
    Federal Tax: 78,863.50
    Fica: 8,239.80
    Medicare: 5,250.00
    State: 21,081.20
    FLI: 107.97
    SDI: 31.20
    Net Pay: 186,426.33

    $186,426
    - 33,000 in student debt repayment
    - 21,000 in malpractice insurance
    - 11,000 benefits
    - 1,000 umbrella insurance

    Actual net pay: $120,000 per year.

    They spent 12 years in school, and their reward is to net $120k per year.

    It’s not as simple as “wahhh, they make more!”

    Yes, because they have a skill most people don’t. Just like NFL players.

    What did you go to school for? What do you do?
    I never said anything about crying that they make more than me, so do not put words in my mouth. I don't give a fuck how long they spent in school. They chose that career and that's part of it. No one goes in with their eyes closed. The fact is, you've taken the point I was making and completely skewed it into something completely different.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”


    Twitter: @HKTheResistance

    HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

  11. Groan:

    billsin2050 (07-20-19)

  12. #69
    HipKat's Avatar
    Fah Q

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    6,407
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    If you were playing bass in a very successful metal band, selling 50 million cd's a year, sold out concerts, endorsements, promotions, and through it all making 25 million a year, do you think it would be fair if our politicians said "hey, he makes to much, lets switch to a socialized music industry, where the successful musicians can top out at $300,000 a year." You will work just as hard, probably harder, but you won't see nearly the money that you should, because it's just not fair. How would you feel about that?
    Sales and services are 2 different things
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”


    Twitter: @HKTheResistance

    HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

  13. #70
    jamsim67's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 19, 2017
    Posts
    2,062
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Sales and services are 2 different things
    We're talking fairness, not sales or service. Politicians coming in and deciding that in order for everybody to be able to enjoy music, then they need to cut prices across the board, because if everybody can't afford to see you in concert, or buy your cd's then it's just not fair. The millions that you once enjoyed, now cut to $300,000 a year. You're working a lot harder because you have to, and realizing that with inflation (again politicians) $300,000 is not as much as it used to be.

    And you think that a musician should make more than someone who saves lives? I am shocked! :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •