Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Owners have proposed 18 games, with a 16-game limit for each player

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    If they increase the amount of games, won’t that put a damper on expansion?. Any increase in roster size is going to further dilute the pool of players from which they pick from, just like putting more teams in the league, no?.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    I can't believe you like the idea, it sounds fucking retarded.

Not to mention the expected bloat of the rosters that would be needed so the best players in the league have to sit out 2 games in the year? Sounds fucking so dumb. Let's watch the JV Bills vs the JV Dolphins because both teams are gonna put their scrub rosters out there. Sounds like a great watch. Basically they are trying to add 2 games in the regular season, but make you play with preseason week 4 rosters, all under the guise of "player safety"

If they really want player safety. Scratch the 4th week of preseason. Add 2 games but add an additional bye week as well. Increase roster to 60 and dress 53 (IIRC currently it's roster 53 and dress 46)
    Jv squads?

No.

More like Hughes sits week 3.

Morse sits week 14.

Etc.

They wouldn’t sit every good player on the same week.

And NFL players get injured, so it’s not likely they would even need to force a sit.
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    They would also need to expand the rosters at the specialty positions: Long Snapper, Place kicker, etc. The sit 2 games throws a competitive imbalance across the field of teams.

My thoughts are if you're going to 18 games, just go to 18 games and let them all play.
    From what I read, specialty positions including kicker, punter, long snapper and quarterback, would all be allowed to play 18 games.
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.