Thread: 1 Day to the Draft - How bold will the Sabres be?

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

1 Day to the Draft - How bold will the Sabres be?

With the draft a day away - how bold will the Sabres be?

I'm hoping they double down on offense. I'm warming to Caufield. He's small, yes, but he's got the hands, speed, and vision. I see him as a modern Briere (5'9, 174#).

Outside of Caufield, I'm in on Boldy or Podkolzin.

As for D, I'm in the keep Risto camp. I want to see him under our new coach. At 25, he has a lot of years ahead of him and unless it's a crazy good deal, keep him and should things not work out after 30 games, then move him at the deadline.

Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    With the draft a day away - how bold will the Sabres be?

I'm hoping they double down on offense. I'm warming to Caufield. He's small, yes, but he's got the hands, speed, and vision. I see him as a modern Briere (5'9, 174#).

Outside of Caufield, I'm in on Boldy or Podkolzin.

As for D, I'm in the keep Risto camp. I want to see him under our new coach. At 25, he has a lot of years ahead of him and unless it's a crazy good deal, keep him and should things not work out after 30 games, then move him at the deadline.
    Well ideally I would like Turcotte followed by Zegras. Both would fill the spot at Center for a 2nd line or 3rd line depending on Mitts. However if both of them are gone....Caufield would be my choice. I would love to take a flyer on Podkolzin at 31...but he is going to honor his committment in the KHL so that is two years away. I think a lot of teams might not want to select a guy they won't see for two years. However that is just about the time I think the Sabres will be making a run for the cup. I think they have more talent developing than any other team. They should make the playoffs this year.

Totally agree with keeping Risto, he is ideal for a 2nd line D pairing. Trim his minutes a bit and move Dahlin to 1st pairing and Risto will look a lot better. All this talk of trading him is just stupid. Guy is physical and gets points. Yes his Hockey IQ needs improvement and he has defensive lapses at times. Need to pair him with a smart Defensemen who can cover up his shortcomings. However, outside of Dahlin he is the Sabres workhorse.