Thread: Bills like idea of practicing in heat against Panthers

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Bills like idea of practicing in heat against Panthers

Being most of you don't like paying to read articles, I thought I'd give back to the board/bored and bring you a little gift. Some like it hot, and some sweat when the heat is on.

By Mark Gaughan|Published 8:37 a.m. June 19, 2019

The Buffalo Bills and Carolina Panthers announced the schedule for their joint practices this summer in South Carolina.

The two teams will work together Aug. 13-14 at the Panthers’ summer headquarters at Wofford College in Spartanburg, S.C., in advance of the preseason game between the teams Aug. 16 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C. The joint practices had been reported in April.

The practices will begin at 9:25 a.m. both days. Spartanburg is about an hour and 20 minutes southwest of Charlotte.

“I think change of scenery is a benefit,” Bills general manager Brandon Beane said in a statement officially announcing the practices. “These guys will have been going at each other all spring. We’ll be about two weeks in with camp and will have played a preseason game, so to go against a new opponent will be an opportunity for our units to go against theirs. Their strengths on offense are different from our strengths, so it’s something different for our defense to see. It’s just a good opportunity to compete against guys who you haven’t seen all the time and don’t know all your moves.”

The Bills also like the idea of playing in a hotter environment. While it can get hot in Rochester, the St. John Fisher camp is one of the more comfortable in the NFL from a temperature standpoint.

“Sometimes we play some September games that are hot,” Beane said. “It can be quite humid in New Jersey when we play there in Week 1 and 2. It usually is hotter there than here in terms of humidity.”

The sessions are a logical pairing given the familiarity of the two organizations. Bills coach Sean McDermott worked under Panthers coach Ron Rivera, and Beane spent 19 years in the Carolina organization.

“We had talks with Carolina early on and the established relationships we have with that organization helps. We’re going to care about their players and they’re going to care about ours. Rivera is not going to allow melees to happen at practice, and we know Sean won’t either. So we’ll have a professional practice. Tempers might flare, but it won’t be anything crazy that takes the fun out of them. So we should be able to hit the goals we’re trying to meet with these.”

The Bills held joint practices with the Cleveland Browns in the 2015 preseason.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/06/19/b...int-practices/
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JbWSwUWew

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away" Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Resident Pessimist

Status
    Groan
    Have fun with that shit....as a resident of VA near the NC border....it’s hot as FUCK down here in August. Like pushing 100 on the daily.

When I was in Buffalo last July I laughed at the fuckers bitching about 88 degrees. I sat on my old mans front porch sipping beer cooler than joe Montana.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan
    A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio
    If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

3. Rock on:

jc856 (06-19-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Never understood why athletes preferred hot weather to cold. I know they are highly conditioned, and it’s played in fall/ winter, but extremes aside, I’d rather play in cold than heat. Heat (to me ), is extremely oppressive when exerting yourself.

5. Rock on:

junglesouljah (06-19-19)

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Have fun with that shit....as a resident of VA near the NC border....it’s hot as FUCK down here in August. Like pushing 100 on the daily.

When I was in Buffalo last July I laughed at the fuckers bitching about 88 degrees. I sat on my old mans front porch sipping beer cooler than joe Montana.
    Every time I think about moving South I think about how miserable i'll be in the heat.

But then I think about how miserable I am in the snow.

Ugh.
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

7. Rock on:

StraightJ (06-19-19)

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    It's not a bad idea to practice in different weather as some of Buffalo's road games will be in warm weather.
    L*t is a losser

9. Rock on:

StraightJ (06-19-19)

Resident Pessimist

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Every time I think about moving South I think about how miserable i'll be in the heat.

But then I think about how miserable I am in the snow.

Ugh.
    Fuck snow.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan
    A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio
    If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”