Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: David Johnson: Rosen will end up being one of the most dominant QB’s in the NFL

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    he cant even beat out Fitztragic
    Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of
    The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

2. Rock on:

junglesouljah (06-17-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    It just sucks that he’s on the Dolphins
    Anybody who saw him play at UCLA knows that he has the talent to succeed at the NFL level. Personally, yeah, I hope he doesn't.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    he cant even beat out Fitztragic
    Fitzpatrick is there to keep the seat warm

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    LOL at this thread and the Josh Rosen lovefest.
    He's a good QB, he now has added motivation, and he plays in the Bill's division.

Resident Pessimist

Status
    Groan
    There is a huge, gigantic, fat line between “praising” a former teammate, and predicting he will be one of the dominant players in the NFL.
    Yet the homers here blow their loads screaming “Allen is going to dominate the NFL” if a teammate praises Josh Allen.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan
    A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio
    If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

7. Rock on:

212frawk (06-17-19)

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    I was thinking we drafted Josh Rosen. And I cheered loudly when I checked my phone during the night. ... Then I realized that it was Allen ... and I was shocked ... I would have never thought that the new regime would be as stupid as the old ones ... maybe I was wrong ... I hope I was and I like Allen the person ... lets see if I come to like Allen the QB and hopefully Rosen will not make me cry again during the games vs the Fish ...
    Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of
    The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

9. Rock on:

seandelevan (06-17-19)

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Yet the homers here blow their loads screaming “Allen is going to dominate the NFL” if a teammate praises Josh Allen.
    Lol BINGO.

Funny how things change when it’s a different player.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    The following teams GMs don't agree that Rosen will be dominant. Otherwise they would have sent more than a late 2nd & future 5th to Arizona for him:
    AFC:
    1)New England, who is looking for a QB to eventually replace Brady & wouldn't part with a 2nd for him.
    2)Jacksonville, who preferred spending megabucks on Foles instead of taking on Rosen's cheap contract & giving up a #2.
    3)Denver, who felt that Drew Lock is a better prospect & instead of sending pick 42 to Arizona for Rosen picked Lock 20 picks before the 2nd Arizona got in the Rosen trade
    4)Oakland, who didn't think it was worth a shot at pick 40 to hedge against Carr failing. So either they're totally sold on Carr, or think Rosen is JAG.
    5)LA Chargers, who either think that Rivers will play forever or are counting on Tyrod Taylor to eventually replace Rivers.
    6) NY Giants, who thought Daniel Jones will be a much better QB, taking him 6th overall instead of getting Rosen for a lot cheaper
    7) Washington, same as NYG, except it was Haskins over Rosen
    Now add in Arizona who gave him up for pennies on the dollar of their 2018 cost as the 8th team that doesn't think Rosen will dominate.
    Now add in all the other teams that would rather keep their current backups (and obviously their starters) than take a 2nd round flyer on Rosen's future & you've got just about every NFL GM doubting Rosen's future in the NFL. Even the Dolphins who traded for him wanted to mitigate the risk by trading down 14 spots & getting a 2020 #2, basically getting Rosen for virtually nothing.

So Lit, on a computer in his mom's basement & some RB are smarter than virtually all the NFL GMs. HA!

12. Rock on:

StraightJ (06-17-19)

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    The following teams GMs don't agree that Rosen will be dominant. Otherwise they would have sent more than a late 2nd & future 5th to Arizona for him:
    AFC:
    1)New England, who is looking for a QB to eventually replace Brady & wouldn't part with a 2nd for him.
    2)Jacksonville, who preferred spending megabucks on Foles instead of taking on Rosen's cheap contract & giving up a #2.
    3)Denver, who felt that Drew Lock is a better prospect & instead of sending pick 42 to Arizona for Rosen picked Lock 20 picks before the 2nd Arizona got in the Rosen trade
    4)Oakland, who didn't think it was worth a shot at pick 40 to hedge against Carr failing. So either they're totally sold on Carr, or think Rosen is JAG.
    5)LA Chargers, who either think that Rivers will play forever or are counting on Tyrod Taylor to eventually replace Rivers.
    6) NY Giants, who thought Daniel Jones will be a much better QB, taking him 6th overall instead of getting Rosen for a lot cheaper
    7) Washington, same as NYG, except it was Haskins over Rosen
    Now add in Arizona who gave him up for pennies on the dollar of their 2018 cost as the 8th team that doesn't think Rosen will dominate.
    Now add in all the other teams that would rather keep their current backups (and obviously their starters) than take a 2nd round flyer on Rosen's future & you've got just about every NFL GM doubting Rosen's future in the NFL. Even the Dolphins who traded for him wanted to mitigate the risk by trading down 14 spots & getting a 2020 #2, basically getting Rosen for virtually nothing.

So Lit, on a computer in his mom's basement & some RB are smarter than virtually all the NFL GMs. HA!
    I can list 32 teams that wouldn't trade a 5th round pick for Tom Brady...
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I can list 32 teams that wouldn't trade a 5th round pick for Tom Brady...
    You can't compare his draft day to after he played in the NFL, when the Patriots wouldn't have taken a 1st for him. I already explained this in a prior post, but you still don't get it, so I copied my exact words in hopes that even you will understand why you just made an absolutely ridiculous statement:

While it's true that NFL GMs often underestimate a player's talent in the draft, because it's hard to evaluate a player when he's playing against mostly amateurs who will never play in the NFL, once the guy practices & plays against real NFL players they can get a pretty good handle of a guy-especially a QB. When a QB's stock dramatically plummets 1 year after he was drafted, it's almost always the kiss of death on his career.

15. Rock on:

junglesouljah (06-17-19)