Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dak Prescott asking for $34 million per year

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Because they HAVE to.

If they charged more, tickets wouldn’t sell.

As it is, we have blackouts. Even with the cheapest seats in the NFL.
    That reminds me that even The Comeback(tm) game was blacked out. What an embarassment.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JbWSwUWew

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away" Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Face it, this is where pro sports are going (have gone). And they will keep going in this direction until the seats are empty because of it.

The owners (including the Pegulas) want to squeeze every last penny they can out of the fans. They don't just want to make a profit, they want to make a HUGE profit. And as fans, we go along with it because what else are we going to do with our Sundays, Mondays or Thursday nights? Really, if the owners cared one iota for the players in their stable, we wouldn't even have Thursday night games. They care about money, and only money and they want as much of it as they can squeeze out of us.

And the players (whom the fans pay to see) want to squeeze every last penny they can out of the owners, at the fans expense. And if Dak feels he is worth 34 million a year, then I guess Jerry will have to give it to him. Even if he is a better athlete than QB. Because that's what the market dictates.

But who dictates the market? I would argue that it's us, the ants (fans). Even though we have yet to act on it. Pretty sure we realize it, but until it completely effects our wallets as well as our sensibilities we won't act on it.

Face it, we put up with high parking prices, high concession prices, higher and higher ticket prices, and all to watch football games that are being officiated on a pro wrestling level. Seriously, is the officiating really this bad? You would think if it were, the owners would be screaming to the high heavens about some of the losses due to poor calls on the field, but they never do. Rams going to the super bowl anyone? lmao ...

To be honest, I think a lot of fans have left (all pro sports), because they've realized that it's become one big joke and they no longer want to be associated with it anymore. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there. Haven't watched espn in four weeks (small steps). :-)

Anyway (this is way to long), but until we as fans decide to step up and refuse to give anymore of our hard earned money to the WWF of pro football, players like Dak Prescott will be worth 34 million. We need to start dictating the market, by ignoring the nfl.

Sorry, a little to long, but once I started typing it took on a life of it's own. lol

3. Rock on:

StraightJ (06-15-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    Face it, this is where pro sports are going (have gone). And they will keep going in this direction until the seats are empty because of it.

The owners (including the Pegulas) want to squeeze every last penny they can out of the fans. They don't just want to make a profit, they want to make a HUGE profit. And as fans, we go along with it because what else are we going to do with our Sundays, Mondays or Thursday nights? Really, if the owners cared one iota for the players in their stable, we wouldn't even have Thursday night games. They care about money, and only money and they want as much of it as they can squeeze out of us.

And the players (whom the fans pay to see) want to squeeze every last penny they can out of the owners, at the fans expense. And if Dak feels he is worth 34 million a year, then I guess Jerry will have to give it to him. Even if he is a better athlete than QB. Because that's what the market dictates.

But who dictates the market? I would argue that it's us, the ants (fans). Even though we have yet to act on it. Pretty sure we realize it, but until it completely effects our wallets as well as our sensibilities we won't act on it.

Face it, we put up with high parking prices, high concession prices, higher and higher ticket prices, and all to watch football games that are being officiated on a pro wrestling level. Seriously, is the officiating really this bad? You would think if it were, the owners would be screaming to the high heavens about some of the losses due to poor calls on the field, but they never do. Rams going to the super bowl anyone? lmao ...

To be honest, I think a lot of fans have left (all pro sports), because they've realized that it's become one big joke and they no longer want to be associated with it anymore. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there. Haven't watched espn in four weeks (small steps). :-)

Anyway (this is way to long), but until we as fans decide to step up and refuse to give anymore of our hard earned money to the WWF of pro football, players like Dak Prescott will be worth 34 million. We need to start dictating the market, by ignoring the nfl.

Sorry, a little to long, but once I started typing it took on a life of it's own. lol

Some people do like the WWF though, evidenced by the people in the politics section who repeat what they watched on cable news.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JbWSwUWew

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away" Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

5. Rock on:

jamsim67 (06-15-19)

welcome to pwngville

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    The owners (including the Pegulas) want to squeeze every last penny they can out of the fans. They don't just want to make a profit, they want to make a HUGE profit.
    personally, i dont think this applies to the pegulas. if it did, this team wouldnt be in this town

sure, theyve taken a couple of steps to get some easy increases in income, like the things that Lit bitches about. i personally dont care that they sold the naming rights to the stadium and club sections. so what its not the jim kelly box anymore, we all will never forget him. the way the pegulas have kept the bills at or near the very bottom in ticket prices and resisted goodells efforts to make them a wealthey persons stadium, im certainly not going to begrudge them making a few bucks selling naming rights to a few things

i think most of the learning curve is over for them now. i think the pegulas are hitting their stride and we will see the results manifested in better bills and sabres teams
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

7. Rock on:

jamsim67 (06-15-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    personally, i dont think this applies to the pegulas. if it did, this team wouldnt be in this town

sure, theyve taken a couple of steps to get some easy increases in income, like the things that Lit bitches about. i personally dont care that they sold the naming rights to the stadium and club sections. so what its not the jim kelly box anymore, we all will never forget him. the way the pegulas have kept the bills at or near the very bottom in ticket prices and resisted goodells efforts to make them a wealthey persons stadium, im certainly not going to begrudge them making a few bucks selling naming rights to a few things

i think most of the learning curve is over for them now. i think the pegulas are hitting their stride and we will see the results manifested in better bills and sabres teams
    I can't begrudge them for a making a buck either, as that would go against everything I stand for. I'm just saying that just like every other owner, they do it.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post

Some people do like the WWF though, evidenced by the people in the politics section who repeat what they watched on cable news.
    But most of those WWF fans know that it is fake. It's not supposed to be like that in the NFL. And while you can' fix the entire game, you can weigh the odds in someone else's favor. Like for instance a certain team in New England, with a certain QB who can do no wrong.

But then again, sometimes we see calls in the 4th quarter that are totally insane allowing another team to walk away with a tainted win. The referee (now retired) with the big arms comes to mind. Hockuley? He should have been fired, but he was just doing his job.

And yes, I did understand what you meant by cable news. :-)

10. Rock on:

StraightJ (06-15-19)