Thread: Trump Lie?? No Way!

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Trump Lie?? No Way!

No Secret Immigration Deal Exists With U.S., Mexico's Foreign Minister Says

The Mexican foreign minister said Monday that no secret immigration deal existed between his country and the United States, directly contradicting President Trump's claim on Twitter that a "fully signed and documented" agreement would soon be revealed.

Marcelo Ebrard, Mexico's top diplomat, said at a news conference in Mexico City that there was an understanding that both sides would evaluate the flow of migrants in the coming months. If the number of migrants crossing the United States border is not significantly reduced, he said, both sides have agreed to renew discussions about more aggressive changes to regional asylum rules that could have a bigger effect.

"Let's have a deadline to see if what we have works, and if not, then we will sit down and look at the measures you propose and those that we propose," Mr. Ebrard said, describing the understanding reached by negotiators last week.

The public statement served as an official response to several days of tweeting by Mr. Trump, who has reacted angrily to the suggestion that he withdrew his threat of tariffs on all Mexican goods in exchange for a weak deal on immigration.

Mr. Trump has insisted that the agreement reached with Mexico on Friday evening is a strong one, rejecting criticism that it largely called upon the Mexicans to take actions to reduce the flow of immigration that they had already agreed to months earlier.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    President Trump is the flim flam man.

He routinely takes credit for resolving crises that he himself created - and that, on closer examination, he has not really resolved. "If I had not been elected president of the United States, we would right now, in my opinion, be in a major war with North Korea," he said in January, even though he was the one who raised the danger level with his reckless threats of "fire and fury" and he has not succeeded in stopping North Korea's nuclear and missile programs.

After offending both Mexico and Canada with his steel and aluminum tariffs and blustery ultimatums, Trump claimed credit for negotiating "the USMCA, the spectacular & very popular new Trade Deal that replaces NAFTA, the worst Trade Deal in the history of the U.S.A." - even though, in truth, there is scant difference between the two accords.

You would think by now that even the president's supporters might be slightly skeptical when he claims spectacular achievements with details to come. But like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football that Lucy always snatches away, they immediately tried to score political points off the nebulous Friday-night announcement.

The striking thing is that Trump's con-artistry continues to find so many willing marks who will remain forever convinced, notwithstanding all that is reported otherwise, that he made Mexico bow before his awesomeness. They are abetted, these Trump dupes, by cynical Republicans on Capitol Hill who know this achievement is as phony as a degree from Trump University but pretend otherwise to flatter the mercurial and egomaniacal occupant of the Oval Office. They are secretly breathing a sigh of relief that Trump's flimflammery averted a potentially catastrophic economic showdown. If they had a little more backbone, these Republicans would see that they have more power than they realize: It was GOP opposition, not Mexican concessions, that made Trump back down from his tariff threats.

But other countries will look at this episode and conclude (a) that Trump is a bad bluffer and (b) that he is quick to declare victory even when he hasn't won anything. The United States' credibility is eroding as rapidly as the presidency's dignity and decorum.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

welcome to pwngville

Status

Groan
    he a serial liar all right

but i think theres also a little bit of mexico trying to save face

even the websites that hate don like i do were reporting that mexicos efforts intensified greatly after the threat of new tariffs

so either places like cnn are peddling shit journalism (lets all pretend that isnt already true), or dons threat had some impact

once again, the deal isnt new, but mexico's commitment to action appears to be, based on the reporting
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I don't think this is Mexico trying to save face. I don't understand why people keep on giving this POS serial liar, the benefit of the doubt. Time and again he has mentioned stuff that has been blatantly untrue. Yet the cultists believe him. So asinine!

5. Rock on:

HipKat (06-11-19)