Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill's make the playoffs if?

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    For me the biggest X-Factor this season will be the play of our wide receivers. Obviously a lot of that is tied into Allen, but even if Allen's game progresses the evidence might not be transparent if the receiving core can't also take a step up. Playing around with numbers a bit during the final 6 game stretch that Allen played with both Jones and Foster out their if you extrapolate those numbers over the course of a 16 game season Jones and Foster combined would have put up 110 catches/1776 yards/21 touchdowns. Looking at a couple examples from the league last season from young promising qbs and their top 2 wide receivers there numbers looked like this.

Hill/Watkins (Chiefs): 117/1998/15
    Cooks/Woods (Rams): 168/2423/11
    Robinson/Gabriel (Bears): 122/1442/6

If we average those numbers with what Jones and Foster would have projected during the course of a 16 game season that would give them combined stats that look like this.

129/1910/13

For the Bills to be a playoff team this season I believe Foster and Jones have to be our best receivers. I view Beasley and Brown as complimentary type receivers who will specialize in a specific role whereas Foster and more so with Jones are/can be multi faceted receivers. If Jones and Foster establish themselves as our top 2 guys and can put up numbers that look similar to what I have above then based on everything else we have out their I could see Allen finishing the season with over 3000 yards and around 25 tds. If he can do that while completing a little over 60 percent of his passes and coupled with what I expect to be a better running game with more options in the backfield and a better o-line plus a defense that will be better than last season as long as the main guys avoid lengthy injuries I think this is the roadmap to get the Bills back to the playoffs in 2019.
    [

I don't tip I pay bills bitches call me Buffalo

2. Rock on:

Meathead (05-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    If Josh Allen has a good season. To be more specific. Something along the lines of a 2 to 1 td/int ratio combined with 60%+ completion percentage.
    With a similar defensive performance, I'd say that's a playoff team. It would mean the offense is controlling the ball and clock more, the running and passing game is moving.

But most of all, scoring points.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    More than 9 wins and most of them within the division/conference for wild card tiebreakers.

Pats will still own the division at 11-12 wins and the WC chase will be crowded between us and the entire AFCN, Titans, Jags, Texans, Chargers, Raiders (maybe?)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Must split with the Patriots and then we will be playoff bound...We have to beat those fuckers...

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post

If I bet a large sum of cash that they will not make the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    Good grief, I get mocked for self-deprecating hunmor....and yours is anything but, and yet I predict the OP doesnt say a peep....ah nevermind. I think I'm just going to give up and drink(harder).
    I will give you a quick response his response is appropriate scoring more points is accurate as the defense played well but we could not score enough. Your response was has nothing to do with the question. You can join in the positive convo or comment on another thread. So post what you think needs to happen rather it is realistic or not...

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    If the rest of the AFC sucks like it did 2 years ago.
    JP Sucks!!!

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    They win the AFC east

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsfanincharlotte7 View Post
    I will give you a quick response his response is appropriate scoring more points is accurate as the defense played well but we could not score enough. Your response was has nothing to do with the question. You can join in the positive convo or comment on another thread. So post what you think needs to happen rather it is realistic or not...
    Man, lookl at all the other non serious posts in the thread...they might outnumber the serious ones. I wouldnt mind getting my balls busted if not half the replies were doing so without a word said.

But that said, as noted, I didnt set forth for you to get as upset as you have become, so in addition to my cheerful post, I will add:

They need to stay in the upper echelon on defense, and other than Josh Allen improving, what the offense really needs is to gel. HCSM said his task may be the toughest in the league this offseason. Some injuries and/or other Patriots' scandals or bad fortune would certainly help as one recent article had us finishing 2nd in the AFC East...at 7-8-1.

Ok, I think that was mostly free of humor and within your requirements? And being you said the guy who said score more points than the other teams was accurate, I'm going to agree with him too. :) I bid you good day.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: EDIT: BANNED from ***tube, too dangerous to evil men. Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    ...the league lets them play 16 games. The only way to keep the Bills out of the playoffs is to have a lockout in December.

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsfanincharlotte7 View Post
    Let's play this year out. List one significant thing that needs to happen for us to make the playoffs this year.

I will start with Josh Allen completes 70 percent or more of his passes this year...
    If the Bills defense plays to the same level as last year, and the offense scores more points with the improved OL and receiving talent Buffalo will make the Playoffs.

Josh Allen needs to understand extending drives by completing easy check down passes to slot WR Cole Beasly, Zay Jones, TE's Knox, Croom, Kroft, Smith and RB's Singletary, Yeldon, McCoy and FB DiMarco is just as important as threatening defenses by completing passes the deep part the field. Allen was starting to improve in this area of his game last year, but can still get better.
    L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.