Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Judge orders Trump accounting firm to hand over records to Congress

I'm a Bad Boy

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    the hell it isnt

the opposing party's constitutional obligation by law is oversight of the president+did you even read any preceding posts? the federal court just Darryl "Chocolate Thunder" Dawkins gorilla slam dunked that and smashed the backboard raining glass shards over the dons head

now his team has the very steep uphill climb to show where the court made a mistake. it will probably get pushed up to a higher court just due to the importance, but ultimately the SC will have to decide if the don is subject to what is clearly stated in the constitution - congressional oversight

hes going to lose this one. i realize its hard to hear or see with all that sand plugging your ears and eyes, but those records WILL get in the dems hands. hopefully, right in the middle of the campaign where they will hit like a nuclear tipped cruise missile right on top of the charlatan in chiefs head

The opposing party has the Constitutional obligation or right as the opposing party? Really? Not Congress, just the opposing party? They have the right to look at whatever they want to without evidence of illegal actions and no proprietary cause? They have the right to look in Trump's underwear drawer whenever they want, you say? This is why we can’t let this corrupt illicit gang of criminals keep getting into office. When I think of complete, corrupt, lunatics I see every Democrat on the oversite and intelligence committee. I really do. It’s the same with the finance committee. Hell, it's the same with Senate committees. These Democrat dumb fucks on the oversite and finance committees wouldn’t know what a tax law library even looks like. They shop their lawsuits to the best activist judge for their cause. An Obama appointee Mehta, who, I am confident, was originally vetted to use at a later time.

It is not going to happen without a fight. Lower court judges blurring the lines get their groin kicked all the time. Thank God Trump isn't kowtowing to these criminals like George W did. Thank God, Obama is gone. Thank God, Donald J. Trump is putting reasonable and intelligent federal judges in by the boat load. You may not be a self-declared Ideologue for the Democratic Party but you sure as shit act like one. TDS is strong in this one.

I don’t read posts by some on this board. You, don’t read to comprehend it seems, especially your own stuff. By the way, your noxious analogies suck.
    Last edited by DannyBoy; 05-23-19 at 12:35 AM.

2. Rock on:

SackMan518 (05-23-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    The opposing party has the Constitutional obligation or right as the opposing party? Really? Not Congress, just the opposing party? They have the right to look at whatever they want to without evidence of illegal actions and no proprietary cause? They have the right to look in Trump's underwear drawer whenever they want, you say? This is why we can’t let this corrupt illicit gang of criminals keep getting into office. When I think of complete, corrupt, lunatics I see every Democrat on the oversite and intelligence committee. I really do. It’s the same with the finance committee. Hell, it's the same with Senate committees. These Democrat dumb fucks on the oversite and finance committees wouldn’t know what a tax law library even looks like. They shop their lawsuits to the best activist judge for their cause. An Obama appointee Mehta, who, I am confident, was originally vetted to use at a later time.

It is not going to happen without a fight. Lower court judges blurring the lines get their groin kicked all the time. Thank God Trump isn't kowtowing to these criminals like George W did. Thank God, Obama is gone. Thank God, Donald J. Trump is putting reasonable and intelligent federal judges in by the boat load. You may not be a self-declared Ideologue for the Democratic Party but you sure as shit act like one. TDS is strong in this one.

I don’t read posts by some on this board. You, don’t read to comprehend it seems, especially your own stuff. By the way, your noxious analogies suck.
    The illicit Gang of Criminals start in the Oval Office and include everyone who's left standing after all of his roster changes - a group of yes men that will not betray their allegiance to "the Don", which is how he wants it. It's all that matters to him. Not policy. Not the Constitution. Not the people of this country (Obvious, by his campaign to keep us divided). And that is why I keep saying, Trump IS the swamp. It boggles my mind that you people that still support him don't see this.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    and with lightning speed, House Counsel whipped off this opinion to SDNY in Trump v. Deutsche so get ready for that one to get shoved up his fat ass....

Hilarious watching the MAGATs twisting themselves into pretzels over president crime spree's financials being a nothing burger that he works tirelessly to keep hidden...... too bad the walls are closing in from all angles.

Trump’s Financial Secrets Move Closer to Disclosure

For three years, Donald J. Trump has treated the details of his personal and business finances as a closely guarded secret.

On Wednesday, those secrets moved two steps closer to becoming public. [ed. note: LOL]

A federal judge in Manhattan ruled against a request from President Trump to block his longtime lender, Deutsche Bank, from complying with congressional subpoenas seeking his detailed financial records. In Albany, New York lawmakers approved a bill that would allow Congress to obtain Mr. Trump’s state tax returns.

Those actions came two days after a federal judge in Washington ruled against Mr. Trump’s bid to quash another congressional subpoena to get his accounting firm to hand over his tax returns and other financial documents.

Even better:

The New York legislation, which is expected to be signed by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat and regular critic of Mr. Trump’s policies and behavior, would authorize state tax officials to release the president’s state returns to any one of three congressional committees.

The returns — filed in New York, the president’s home state and site of his Trump Tower headquarters in Manhattan — are likely to contain much of the same information as his federal tax returns, which the Trump administration has refused to hand over to Congress.

5. Rock on:

HipKat (05-23-19)

welcome to pwngville

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    The opposing party has the Constitutional obligation or right as the opposing party? Really? Not Congress, just the opposing party?
    yes, i stated that wrong. my bad

thats the way its playing out here, of course. which is what i was thinking of at the time. but youre right, i should have just said congress
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Spoiler Alert: Here's what they'll find in Trump's financial returns.

A) He's not worth as much as he's always said he is.

B) He paid less in taxes due to the loopholes that politicians put in the IRS code for themselves and wealthy donors like him.

Now the bad part, the Democrats are setting a precedent for the next Democrat President to get into office. Likely that person wouldn't get in until after 2020 because, let's face it, Trump is winning re-election and boy is this unknown candidate going to face every bit of the harassment that Trump is facing now and maybe more. It was stupid when Harry Reid invoked the Nuclear Option then had that blow up in the Democrats face and then Nadler was haunted by his own stance during the Clinton impeachment having recited law 6(e) to keep secret "salacious material" and "unverified testimony" which he now supports.

And now the 2 year temper tantrum is coming to a head where they want to impeach a President over a fictitious crime. Watch out because this is going to blow up in their faces as well and the only people holding them up will be the spiteful Trump haters of the world (a few of which reside on this board and detest even themselves) and that won't be enough to keep them running without a total reinvention.
    Sack

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree with everything you said, Sack. This tit-for-tat every 8 years will eventually be our undoing. It's like watching ancient Rome fall all over again. I voted for the weed smoker Allepo dude last time because I felt most aligned with a Libertarian stance. And before you looky loos point out the Libertarian pothole arguement, I am still for gov't oversite of some aspects of life, just less of it in places.

9. Rock on:

SackMan518 (05-23-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    That may just be what they find. But they don’t just want his tax returns. They want his financial records. They won his account information with that money laundering operation in Germany. And while they may not find anything, they may find that there was some bad things happening with the money laundering operation in Germany and Russian money, the Trump Tower in Moscow and God only knows what else.

So they may find nothing but the only way to know is to look. And if there’s nothing to say then why is he putting so much effort into stopping them. Even if it’s just to protect the lie about how much he says his worth, so they may find nothing but the only way to know is to look. And if there’s nothing to say then why is he putting so much effort into stopping them. Even if it’s just to protect the lie about how much she says it’s worth, it’s a lot of effort on his part

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Hey-oh!

MN investigation shows Rep. Omar filed EIGHT YEARS of false tax returns

An investigation into campaign finance violations by Congresswoman Ilhan Omar reveals she committed numerous felonies, including filing joint tax returns with a man she wasn’t married to.

Minnesota’s Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board found Omar used campaign funds for personal out-of-state travel and legal expenses in violation of state law, and ordered her to reimburse her campaign committee $3,469.23 for the expenses.

But there was something much more damning in the report that isn’t making it into the mainstream news.

BREAKING — Important Ilhan Omar thread on just-released campaign finance investigation conclusions:

The report’s finding that @IlhanMN committed SIX campaign finance violations is, amazingly, not the report’s key takeaway.

(1/x)

— David Steinberg 🧔🏻 (@realDSteinberg) June 6, 2019

“BREAKING – Important Ilhan Omar thread on just-released campaign finance investigation conclusions: The report’s finding that @IlhanMN committed SIX campaign finance violations is, amazingly, not the report’s key takeaway,” PJ Media’s David Steinberg posted to Twitter.

The report states that @IlhanMN and Ahmed Hirsi filed joint tax returns in 2014 and 2015.

Yet they were not married. @IlhanMN was married to Ahmed Nur Said Elmi from 2009-2017.

According to both federal and MN law, this is illegal. (3/x)

— David Steinberg 🧔🏻 (@realDSteinberg) June 6, 2019

“The report states that @IlhanMN and Ahmed Hirsi filed joint tax returns in 2014 and 2015. Yet they were not married. @IlhanMN was married to Ahmed Nur Said Elmi from 2009-2017. According to both federal and MN law, this is illegal,” Steinberg posted Thursday.

“As I have written, @IlhanMN likely committed a remarkable number of additional felonies due to her fraudulent 2009-2017 marriage,” he wrote. “Today’s report appears to confirm the worst of them: @IlhanMN may have filed EIGHT YEARS of fraudulent federal and state tax returns.”

There’s a lot more than that.

For years, Steinberg and others have meticulously documented evidence that strongly supports, if not proves, Omar married her brother to game the immigration system so they could attend college together at North Dakota State University shortly before Omar was first elected to state office.

Public records and documented social media activity shows Omar initially applied to wed Ahmed Hirsi, the father of her three children, but instead married Ahmed Nur Said Elmi in 2009. The two lived at the same residence with Ahmed Hirsi throughout their college years in North Dakota, and Elmi eventually returned to the United Kingdom in 2011.

And while Hirsi and Omar presented themselves as a married couple, both in the media and to the federal tax authorities, they were not legally wed until 2018, after Omar’s divorce with Elmi was finalized, PJ Media reports.

Numerous since deleted social media posts show Elmi and Omar remained in close contact before, during and after the marriage, despite claims in divorce documents that she’d had no contact since 2011, according to Alpha News.

Omar offered a lame excuse for the situation and described the accusations she married her brother as a racist witch hunt in 2016, but has not addressed the overwhelming evidence, including school reports, marriage records, social media posts, her own comments in the media, official address records, divorce documents filed in 2017, and other public information.

“In 2002, when I was 19 years old, Ahmed Hirsi … and I, applied for a marriage license, but we never finalized the application and thus were never legally married. In 2008, we decided to end our relationship in our faith tradition after reaching an impasse in our life together,” Omar wrote in the 2016 statement to Fox 9. “I entered into a relationship with a British citizen, Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, and married him legally in 2009. Our relationship ended in 2011 and we divorced in our faith tradition. After that, he moved home to England. I have yet to legally divorce Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, but am in the process of doing so. Insinuations that Ahmed Nur Said Elmi is my brother are absurd and offensive.”

“Since 2011, I am happy to say that I have reconciled with Ahmed Hirsi, we have married in our faith tradition and are raising our family together. Like all families, we have had our ups and downs but we are proud to have come through it together.”

Omar has since married Hirsi, but refuses to discuss the allegations, preferring instead to frame any criticism as a racist smear campaign.

“We are in a disturbing era, where fake journalists on bigoted blogs make wild claims in their headlines and baselessly accuse people of disturbing crimes,” Omar posted to Twitter last October, shortly before winning her seat in Congress. “Remember, this is how Trump won. Now much of the right has caught on: When they can’t win with ideas, they stoop to hate.”

Ilhan Omar may have broken federal tax law, according to new campaign finance report
    Sack

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    And if she's guilty, nail her ass.