Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP Rep. Amash becomes first Republican to call for Trump's impeachment

EMPEROR

Status

Groan
    Groans: 0

GOP Rep. Amash becomes first Republican to call for Trump's impeachment

Justin Amash is the loneliest Republican in Congress

Washington (CNN)Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress calling for Trump's impeachment.

Amash is a rare GOP critic of Trump and previously said Trump's conduct in pressuring then-FBI Director James Comey could merit impeachment. In a Twitter thread on Saturday, Amash said he believed "few members of Congress even read" special counsel Robert Mueller's report and that the report itself established "multiple examples" of Trump committing obstruction of justice.

"Contrary to Barr's portrayal, Mueller's report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," Amash said in a string of messages on Twitter.

"Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch's jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution," Amash tweeted. "When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law -- the foundation of liberty -- crumbles."

Justin Amash
    @justinamash
    Here are my principal conclusions:
    1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
    2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
    3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
    4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/18/polit...uct/index.html

so a republican with a conscience finally steps forward

Last edited by Meathead; 05-18-19 at 09:41 PM.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

2. Rock on:

HipKat (05-19-19)

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan
    Good for him. I hope he enjoys his 15 minutes of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

4. Rock on:

DeRokerij (05-19-19),SackMan518 (05-19-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I hope he enjoys opening the door for the other Republicans that don't have their lips on Trump's ass and will see this as motivation to speak up.
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    He must secretly be a lefty social communist emails.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    (EDIT: I highlighted the important parts for those who apparently have an adversity to reading)

It's looks to me like not a single person so far in this thread gets it, including the OP!(I suspect besides myself, only folks like Jamsi and Crinoline are the ones who do. There may be 1 or 2 others I am not remembering but otherwise this is sad. Folks like Sack and Angry*** appear like they could have breakthrough seasons, but the hold of the Dark Side of the "The Matrix" is strong, and their opponents on here work hard to keep them from focusing on what matters> I am the GMDW of Liberty, scouting those who have a chance of awakening). Doesnt surprise me, as most people who consume MSM are ignorant ****s and deluded.

In our ENTIRE congress, Justin Amash is one of only 3 followers of the Constitution(rule of law...the rest of you jokers support otherwise). Mike Lee is kind of close. It's basically the INVERSE of what it should be, what it used to be. Imagine if most of the congress followed rule of law, and offered competing ideas on the best way to do it...rather than non-ignorant Americans(a small minority) getting excited just because 3 guys in both houses combined(535 members of congress) actually follow the rule of law, and that is far beyong sad. Ron Paul drew interest to this, but the establishment media killed his campaign, or the world could be a very different place today.

So yeah. while these 3 men are not perfect, they are generally by far the best the US has in government, and Amash likeliy would have supported impeaching Obongo too if the media would have promoted it too. It's been AGES since there has been a President who has NOT deserved impeachment. A LOT of ignorance on display already in this thread, I kind of wish I had the self-restraint to see how many more would have exposed theirs if I had reamined silent. Heck, for the history of this site, it wouldnt shock me if some more still do anyhow, lol.

I used to be more patient and humble, but after over a decade of pointhing this out, it can get frustrating to some of us. The ol' horse to water metaphor.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    He must secretly be a lefty social communist emails.
    He’s one of your peeps, huh?

9. Rock on:

StraightJ (05-19-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Earlier today you gave me permission to be serious with you, even though I dont wish to offend you and slow your humor. Amash has long been a known name among Constitutionalists, one of the handful of congresspeople whose name I know/care about.

This is FAR from his first brave act/heroic deed. There are plenty of examples, and Kennedy illustrates one of them here:

Look folks, you dont have to like me or my personality to care about your country and the CONSTITUTION all members of conngress(and men in uniform) swear to uphold when they take their jobs(what a laugh, as only a tiny minority even try to). Sh*t, how many of you currently know/care what it says?

Yeah, Amash is a new name to the OP(Meat****) and most of you, but I supported him years ago, before he was elected. I dont claim he is perfect, but he is one of the 3 best we have out of 535....by far.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer...he+Last+Battle

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    This Amish congressman that I never heard of till just now from, I guess, Pennsylvania has me confused. It wasn't so long ago that Donald and that nice, helpful Mr Barr both declared total exoneration at the end of what they called a witch hunt, so, like many others, I thought that was the end of it. I was ready to move on and was even learning to love Donald with all my heart.

Now I'm wondering, could it possibly maybe be that Donald and that nice Mr Barr were somehow incorrect when they identified the problem as not being with Donald, as everyone had previously all along thought, but with the legally mandated investigators, who are in need of being investigated?

Should the investigation of the investigators now be called off?

Tя☭mp, when he thinks back on all the suckers he scammed throughout his life who either did business with him or who voted for him.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Pigsworth reappears!!!! This is like daryls returning after Tiger won! Buffalo Range! (The Amish part was a nice touch)

Meat**** starts the first thread in years that has the potential to eclipse his shame-filled thread about why he left Islam, which I intend to parody the title of, but for serious purposes.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    the fatass effect