Thread: NFL Football QB of the Buffalo Bills Matt Barkley Asks for Bitcoin Payments in Contract, But Fails

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

NFL Football QB of the Buffalo Bills Matt Barkley Asks for Bitcoin Payments in Contract, But Fails

Tales From The Cryptocurrencies(the title I may have chosen if Meat didnt demand explicit titles, lol)

In some non-Pancho-related news(I've finally completed my goal of finding something else, and can log off to the delight of many), Sir Matt is a trailblazer. I'd like if some reporter interviewed him and let him explain why he made this request, to allow beer swilling sports fans to be exposed to the concept, lol. Of course a number of the world leaders who went off the US dollar had their countries invaded and/or were murdered, and/or had brutal sanctions enacted against them, so I don't blame the NFL for not even considering it(not that some cryptocurrencies haven't already been exploited by the usual suspects[cough cough] anyhow, the same as the diamond and gold markets, etc, so I dont necessarily recommend anything to folks without them doing dilligent research first). Barkley!!

By Bitcoin Exchange Guide News Team - May 17, 2019

Matt Barkley — who currently serves as the backup QB for the Buffalo Bills — has played for a number of teams throughout his seven-year old career (including the San Francisco 49ers and Cincinnati Bengals).

However, in a first of its kind, it is being reported that Barkley asked his previous employers to dole out his outstanding remunerations in the form of Bitcoin — a request that was swiftly rejected by all of the involved parties.

More on the Matter
    Even though Barkley was unsuccessful in procuring his payments in BTC, he has served as a trailblazer of sorts — especially since more and more athletes (such as Russell Okung) have also been trying to push the NFL to adopt alternative payment routes such as cryptocurrencies.

Final Take
    While it may take some time before professional teams start to even consider using BTC and other such alt-assets as legitimate payment avenues, the fact that some players already seeking out such routes is a feat unto itself.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/nfl...act-but-fails/
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

Put that coffee down! Coffee is for closers only!

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JbWSwUWew

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away". -Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    Tales From The Cryptocurrencies(the title I may have chosen if Meat didnt demand explicit titles, lol)

In some non-Pancho-related news(I've finally completed my goal of finding something else, and can log off to the delight of many), Sir Matt is a trailblazer. I'd like if some reporter interviewed him and let him explain why he made this request, to allow beer swilling sports fans to be exposed to the concept, lol. Of course a number of the world leaders who went off the US dollar had their countries invaded and/or were murdered, and/or had brutal sanctions enacted against them, so I don't blame the NFL for not even considering it(not that some cryptocurrencies haven't already been exploited by the usual suspects[cough cough] anyhow, the same as the diamond and gold markets, etc, so I dont necessarily recommend anything to folks without them doing dilligent research first). Barkley!!

By Bitcoin Exchange Guide News Team - May 17, 2019

Matt Barkley — who currently serves as the backup QB for the Buffalo Bills — has played for a number of teams throughout his seven-year old career (including the San Francisco 49ers and Cincinnati Bengals).

However, in a first of its kind, it is being reported that Barkley asked his previous employers to dole out his outstanding remunerations in the form of Bitcoin — a request that was swiftly rejected by all of the involved parties.

More on the Matter
    Even though Barkley was unsuccessful in procuring his payments in BTC, he has served as a trailblazer of sorts — especially since more and more athletes (such as Russell Okung) have also been trying to push the NFL to adopt alternative payment routes such as cryptocurrencies.

Final Take
    While it may take some time before professional teams start to even consider using BTC and other such alt-assets as legitimate payment avenues, the fact that some players already seeking out such routes is a feat unto itself.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/nfl...act-but-fails/
    this is really nothing.

If Barkely wants 2 million dollars in bitcoin it should not matter to Bills or NFL as they would(SHOULD) take 2 million dollars and buy 2 million dollars of bitcoin and subtract a transaction/conversion fee if one exists and walla Barkley gets his bitcoins.

I suspect Barkley was asking for something different like X amount of bitcoins every year and so Bills and NFL cost would fluctuate as bitcoin fluctuates.

This reminds me of when Mr Giselle Bunchen's wife the super model asked for her pay to be in euros. On the surface we would say who cares. If she is paid a job at 3 mill dollars we just convert 3 mill dollars to euros and give her that minus the conversion fee.

In reality I bet it was more like she wanted 3 million euros instead of 3 million dollars as an euro at that time was worth more than a dollar. (approx. 1 to 1.75) You know that salary cap discount Mr Giessle Bucnhen gives to the Cheats is not going to pay for itself otherwise.
    cba fan

3. Rock on:

Laughing Coffin (05-17-19),StraightJ (05-17-19)