Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan!

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Happy days. LOL @ the Yets.
    "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

2. Rock on:

junglesouljah (05-15-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    This is a surprise to no one. There is a lot of pressure on the Jets to win now and it is not a good situation to be in.

Both DC Greg Williams and Head Coach Adam Gase are known assholes so this will only get worse if the Jets get off to a bad start.
    Pretty sure they'll start out 0-1.

4. Rock on:

bcw (05-15-19),junglesouljah (05-15-19),Mainejays (05-16-19)

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I can't remember which podcast it was but I'm paraphrasing that they said, "Whaley was a good collector of talent but a bad builder of a team"

Beane and McDermott are on the same page, and Beane is planning for the long term by building a team that can have sustained success.
    If you needed to find a LB off waivers, mid-season? Whaley was your guy. Running a draft? He was clueless.
    Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

6. Rock on:

junglesouljah (05-15-19)

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen View Post
    Pretty sure they'll start out 0-1.
    They should. But, how many times have the Bills blown these games vs teams that are a mess? Just seems like such a Bills thing to do.
    Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

welcome to pwngville

Status

Groan
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Gase has already shipped off LB Darron Lee to the Chiefs for a 6th round pick lol. And the unofficial jets tank begins!!

10. Rock on:

junglesouljah (05-15-19)

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    If you needed to find a LB off waivers, mid-season? Whaley was your guy. Running a draft? He was clueless.
    Whaley got LeSean McCoy and Jerry Hughes in trades. Hughes is the best player Whaley acquired via trade.

Whaley drafted Robert Woods but his cap mismanagement prevented the ability of him to resign Woods after his rookie contract expired. He found undrafted free agent Nickell Robey-Coleman who was/is a good nickel CB.

He gave up a lot of draft capital to move up and get Sammy Watkins, and if Watkins wasn't so injury prone he may have become an all pro WR.

Whaley has a lot of bad draft picks and draft picks that didn't develop to their full potential.
    L*t is a losser

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Whaley got LeSean McCoy and Jerry Hughes in trades. Hughes is the best player Whaley acquired via trade.

Whaley drafted Robert Woods but his cap mismanagement prevented the ability of him to resign Woods after his rookie contract expired. He found undrafted free agent Nickell Robey-Coleman who was/is a good nickel CB.

He gave up a lot of draft capital to move up and get Sammy Watkins, and if Watkins wasn't so injury prone he may have become an all pro WR.

Whaley has a lot of bad draft picks and draft picks that didn't develop to their full potential.
    Early Whaley made some mistakes, but late Whaley, especially his final draft(which some long to assign to HCSM) seemed to be doing fine to me. I didnt like GMDW for a long time, but got tired of the simpletons on here that tried to make him out to be the devil incarnate and the source of all the Bills problems. Look how OBD handled a pro-bowler with Richeie's temperment, making him feel unappreciated...and then failed to do anything to correct it during the offseason. For all of GMDW's mistakes, he never left the OL or the offense in general in such a sad state during his time with the Bills. People on here were making jokes about Alabama being able to beat us last season, remember?

I like what Beane has done this offseason(for the most part), but this all good/all bad stuff I read on here about certain people is nonsense. Even your post above is a bit narrow in focus, in my opinion. I thought we were finally done with the simpletons(not you) taking cheap shots at GMDW, EJ, etc, but apparently the call to do so is too strong for some people to avoid.

Go Bills.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JbWSwUWew

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away" Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy