Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar accuses Cheney of 'deep seeded hate and Islamophobia'

EMPEROR

Status

Groan
    Groans: 0

Omar accuses Cheney of 'deep seeded hate and Islamophobia'

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Monday accused House Republican Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) of "deep seeded hate and Islamophobia" after Cheney repeatedly criticized Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) over her comments related to Israel and the Holocaust.

"Give it up, we all know you never met a Muslim you didn’t want to vilify!" Omar, a Muslim, said in response to a tweet from Cheney. "Your deep seeded hate and Islamophobia might be a tool to rally your base, but won’t get rid your colleagues. You just have to deal."

Tlaib, who became one of the first Muslim women elected to Congress last year, noted that the U.S. commemorated Holocaust Remembrance Day while talking about the subject on Saturday.

"There’s, you know, there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence, in many ways, had been wiped out," Tlaib said on Yahoo News’s "Skullduggery" podcast.

"I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time," she continued before noting that she loves "the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that [safe haven], in many ways."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...d-islamophobia

getting pretty nasty on the islam in congress front

ok first, i dont like some of the other things omar has said and done

but specifically on this point, i think everyone is over-reacting

if you listen to her whole statement, its easy to interpret some of the awkwardly phrased comments as just another perspective. what she says is actually correct, she just says it from a palestinian perspective

you could make equally influenced observations from a jewish perspective that contradict what she said. it doesnt make omar wrong in this instance

two simultaneous views that are valid in their own right, but incompatible with each other. its understandable

the only thing i see omar doing wrong here is some carelessness with wording that sound bad if you take them out of context
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

2. Rock on:

direbills (05-14-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    This all just boils down to christianity vs. Islam. It's all about who's boogie man is better.

Which has more of a negative effect in the United states? Christianity or Islam?

Christianity by FAR. And it's not even close. Change my mind.

4. Rock on:

Meathead (05-14-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    This all just boils down to christianity vs. Islam. It's all about who's boogie man is better.

Which has more of a negative effect on th United states? Christianity or Islam?

Wow, this is an incredibly stupid post. You might want to look around the world at Christian majority countries and Muslim majority countries. Tell me which ones are full of free speech, human rights, equal treatment of women and which ones are theocracies with very little freedom for anybody. They still behead people in Mecca. You must be one of these people who likes to grade islam on a curve. Islam is not comparable to really any current religion. They're about 400 years behind the times and it shows.

6. Rock on:

Angry Byrds (05-14-19),HipKat (05-14-19),jc856 (05-14-19),SackMan518 (05-14-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by soflabillsfan View Post
    Wow, this is an incredibly stupid post. You might want to look around the world at Christian majority countries and Muslim majority countries. Tell me which ones are full of free speech, human rights, equal treatment of women and which ones are theocracies with very little freedom for anybody. They still behead people in Mecca. You must be one of these people who likes to grade islam on a curve. Islam is not comparable to really any current religion. They're about 400 years behind the times and it shows.
    I fixed the typo in my post.

Which has a more negative effect in the United states? Christianity or islam?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I fixed the typo in my post.

Which has a more negative effect in the United states? Christianity or islam?
    Which has more of a positive effect? What kind of ineffectual question are you asking? 1.1% of the US population is Muslim. So I don't even know what you're getting it. Do you want to compare the US, the largest Christian majority country in the world to Indonesia the largest Muslim country in the world? Indonesia still has child marriage, still imprisons people under vague blasphemy laws, banned unmarried people from sitting at the same table at a restaurant, still has child labor etc. How do you think LGBT people are treated in Muslim majority countries? Dude, you are way off base.

9. Rock on:

Angry Byrds (05-14-19),jc856 (05-14-19),SackMan518 (05-14-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan

Which has more of a negative effect in the United states? Christianity or Islam?

For probably the first time ever, I have to agree with @soflabillsfan.

Dude, you know I like you but I think this is a really stupid comment right here. How can you say Christianity has had a bigger negative affect on America when this country was founded by people with Christian principles. who wrote laws that were based on Christian morals. It’s that morality that until recent generations, set the moral compass that most people have lived by.

At the same time, in America, Islam has been a factor behind violence. Racism. Separationism and of course attacks on America in this era
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

11. Rock on:

Angry Byrds (05-14-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    For probably the first time ever, I have to agree with @soflabillsfan.

Dude, you know I like you but I think this is a really stupid comment right here. How can you say Christianity has had a bigger negative affect on America when this country was founded by people with Christian principles. who wrote laws that were based on Christian morals. It’s that morality that until recent generations, set the moral compass that most people have lived by.

At the same time, in America, Islam has been a factor behind violence. Racism. Separationism and of course attacks on America in this era
    Lets build off this buddy! Lol

13. Rock on:

HipKat (05-14-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    And that’s the last we will see of F8 in this thread lol

15. Rock on:

HipKat (05-14-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Dude if this country became majority Muslim, they would have to build a wall to keep me in it. I would be singing oh Canada quicker than you can say “where ya going A?”

17. Rock on:

HipKat (05-14-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by soflabillsfan View Post
    Lets build off this buddy! Lol
    Beer always goes along way when creating a peace agreement
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan