Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: Omar accuses Cheney of 'deep seeded hate and Islamophobia'

  1. #11
    f8ta1ity54's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 9, 2007
    Posts
    10,590
    Groan
    0
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    In my opinion Christianity has had more negative effects on the United States. In terms of policy Christian’s are or have been awful on just about every issue. Christians have been/are against a woman’s right to choose. Christians have been/are against sex education, and want to teach Creationism in public schools. Christians have been/are against gay rights. Christians have been/are against the ACA because of contraception. Christians have been against LGBTQ adoption rights…the list goes on and on and on. Some Christians may support these rights, but they had to do so in SPITE of what their religious texts tell them. There has been some progress by Christians, I don’t deny that, but let’s not pretend that it has been done without kicking and screaming. What progressive issues have been held back, or regressed due to Islam in the United States?

    How much does a lack of sex education/reproductive rights/healthcare have on a welfare state? I imagine it can’t be good. Thanks Christianity!

    Christians want to point to Islamic extremists for all of the atrocities that they commit in the name of Islam, but have NO problem with this:

    'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'.

    George Bush consulted the invisible sky man before he sent thousands of people to their death in Iraq. LET THAT SINK IN. Is that a separation of church and state? As someone who has seen no evidence of ANY God, EVER, this sounds like absolute fucking lunacy. But that’s just politics, right? Whenever its problems in the East, its 100% Islam. But it could never be Christianity in the West. As an outsider it’s an obvious double standard.

    So what Islamic policies are there in the united states? What problems are we having the United states because of Islam?

    Terrorism?

    There is more right-wing extremist terrorism in the united states than there is Islamic extremist terrorism. What religion do these right wingers identify with? I’ll give you three guesses.

    Now don’t confuse this at all with me not knowing how shitty Islam can be. I am very aware of what goes on around the world. But, in the united states of America, I’m not worried about dying at the mall, in a night club, or church because of an Islamic suicide bomber. I’m more worried about the bible thumper next door. I’m more worried about the one who votes for biblical law and acts like sharia law is something different entirely.

  2. Groan:

    SackMan518 (05-14-19)

  3. #12
    Angry Byrds's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 29, 2008
    Posts
    7,464
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    In my opinion Christianity has had more negative effects on the United States. In terms of policy Christian’s are or have been awful on just about every issue. Christians have been/are against a woman’s right to choose. Christians have been/are against sex education, and want to teach Creationism in public schools. Christians have been/are against gay rights. Christians have been/are against the ACA because of contraception. Christians have been against LGBTQ adoption rights…the list goes on and on and on. Some Christians may support these rights, but they had to do so in SPITE of what their religious texts tell them. There has been some progress by Christians, I don’t deny that, but let’s not pretend that it has been done without kicking and screaming. What progressive issues have been held back, or regressed due to Islam in the United States?

    How much does a lack of sex education/reproductive rights/healthcare have on a welfare state? I imagine it can’t be good. Thanks Christianity!

    Christians want to point to Islamic extremists for all of the atrocities that they commit in the name of Islam, but have NO problem with this:

    'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'.

    George Bush consulted the invisible sky man before he sent thousands of people to their death in Iraq. LET THAT SINK IN. Is that a separation of church and state? As someone who has seen no evidence of ANY God, EVER, this sounds like absolute fucking lunacy. But that’s just politics, right? Whenever its problems in the East, its 100% Islam. But it could never be Christianity in the West. As an outsider it’s an obvious double standard.

    So what Islamic policies are there in the united states? What problems are we having the United states because of Islam?

    Terrorism?

    There is more right-wing extremist terrorism in the united states than there is Islamic extremist terrorism. What religion do these right wingers identify with? I’ll give you three guesses.

    Now don’t confuse this at all with me not knowing how shitty Islam can be. I am very aware of what goes on around the world. But, in the united states of America, I’m not worried about dying at the mall, in a night club, or church because of an Islamic suicide bomber. I’m more worried about the bible thumper next door. I’m more worried about the one who votes for biblical law and acts like sharia law is something different entirely.
    I get so sick of saying this. Separation of church and state doesn’t mean that the government cannot have religion, it’s to prevent abuse from government on the CITIZENS because of their religion. It’s freedom to worship who you want. In God we Trust, ever read that anywhere. Our forefathers were Christians

  4. Rock on:

    HipKat (05-14-19)

  5. #13
    Angry Byrds's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 29, 2008
    Posts
    7,464
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    And we didn’t go to war with Iraq because of God lmao

  6. #14
    f8ta1ity54's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 9, 2007
    Posts
    10,590
    Groan
    0
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    I get so sick of saying this. Separation of church and state doesn’t mean that the government cannot have religion, it’s to prevent abuse from government on the CITIZENS because of their religion. It’s freedom to worship who you want. In God we Trust, ever read that anywhere. Our forefathers were Christians
    So if our next president cited the Quran for why we are going to war, or changing policy in some way, you would have no problem with it? HAHAHAHAHA OK.

  7. #15
    Angry Byrds's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 29, 2008
    Posts
    7,464
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    So if our next president cited the Quran for why we are going to war, or changing policy in some way, you would have no problem with it? HAHAHAHAHA OK.
    No, and no president in the past has ever taken us to war because of religious reasons. Wth are you talking about? We went to war with Iraq because the thought they had chemical weapons. Maybe Bush said he prayed about it, but that’s not why we went to war with Iraq. You just make shit up. This country has never had a holy war, ever.

    I honestly don’t want to hear about religion from any of them, I just want them to stick to policy, but they free to worship whoever they want.

  8. #16
    f8ta1ity54's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 9, 2007
    Posts
    10,590
    Groan
    0
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    For probably the first time ever, I have to agree with @soflabillsfan.

    Dude, you know I like you but I think this is a really stupid comment right here. How can you say Christianity has had a bigger negative affect on America when this country was founded by people with Christian principles. who wrote laws that were based on Christian morals. It’s that morality that until recent generations, set the moral compass that most people have lived by.


    At the same time, in America, Islam has been a factor behind violence. Racism. Separationism and of course attacks on America in this era
    You're right. The first amendment and the 10 commandments don't contradict each other in any way. HAHAHAHA

  9. #17
    f8ta1ity54's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 9, 2007
    Posts
    10,590
    Groan
    0
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    No, and no president in the past has ever taken us to war because of religious reasons. Wth are you talking about? We went to war with Iraq because the thought they had chemical weapons. Maybe Bush said he prayed about it, but that’s not why we went to war with Iraq. You just make shit up. This country has never had a holy war, ever.

    I honestly don’t want to hear about religion from any of them, I just want them to stick to policy, but they free to worship whoever they want.
    I guess I'm the asshole for cringing when I hear the head of state talking to god as a way he rationalized whether to send our soldiers to war or not.

  10. #18
    SackMan518's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 31, 2017
    Posts
    3,759
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    And that’s the last we will see of F8 in this thread lol
    No loss.
    Sack

  11. #19
    SackMan518's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 31, 2017
    Posts
    3,759
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    In my opinion Christianity has had more negative effects on the United States. In terms of policy Christian’s are or have been awful on just about every issue.
    Sack

  12. #20
    f8ta1ity54's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 9, 2007
    Posts
    10,590
    Groan
    0
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SackMan518 View Post
    Care to make an argument?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •