Bills v Miami

I'm in if we can convince Jethro, er Bowman to come. ***lol
    I’m not hanging with a guy who wears an ascot lol

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    OK, tell me about all those soybean fields in fucking Florida. I deal with these farmers every single fucking day and I asked them about the tariffs on soybeans. They all agree, they’re losing their asses. But you keep fucking sucking his dick. You keep buying into his bullshit and swallow every fucking drop you can
    My family grows 600 acres soybeans and corn in WNY every year. If you want to talk to farmers losing their asses you should have been talking to FL farmers for the last 10 years. Not the welfare farms of the Midwest who receive govt. money every year. You think it's right the US gives 20 billion away to sugar, corn, wheat soybean farmers etc? You don't think that causes over-production? I compete against Mexico who subsizes their vegetable farmers and then floods their products on US markets tariff free. Funny how the media is all of a sudden so concerned about soybeans farmers. Just more fodder for the sheep to gobble up.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    Who would be qualified to talk about tariffs?

Economists? Maybe?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...good-idea/amp/
    Go to YouTube and watch Ross Perot debate Al Gore on NAFTA in 1993. Tell me who was right, the businessman or the politician who had all the economists on his side. It's funny that people still fall for this. Trump already proposed no tariffs worldwide, at the G8 summit. The caveat was that those countries couldn't subsidize their industries either. That's how free trade truly works.

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by soflabillsfan View Post
    My family grows 600 acres soybeans and corn in WNY every year. If you want to talk to farmers losing their asses you should have been talking to FL farmers for the last 10 years. Not the welfare farms of the Midwest who receive govt. money every year. You think it's right the US gives 20 billion away to sugar, corn, wheat soybean farmers etc? You don't think that causes over-production? I compete against Mexico who subsizes their vegetable farmers and then floods their products on US markets tariff free. Funny how the media is all of a sudden so concerned about soybeans farmers. Just more fodder for the sheep to gobble up.

Trust me, I'm very vocal about the welfare farmers get, but they're not just farmers in the Midwest. It's all bullshit. The bottom line is the money. Corn has been in the shitter for several years and beans took a shit when Fuck face first started talking tariffs. And what does your hero do?? He steps UP the Welfare farmers, earmarking another 12 billion dollars. Don't cry about Welfare then cheer for the guy that's giving to them,.

BTW, stocks down over 600 pts now!!
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Trust me, I'm very vocal about the welfare farmers get, but they're not just farmers in the Midwest. It's all bullshit. The bottom line is the money. Corn has been in the shitter for several years and beans took a shit when Fuck face first started talking tariffs. And what does your hero do?? He steps UP the Welfare farmers, earmarking another 12 billion dollars. Don't cry about Welfare then cheer for the guy that's giving to them,.

BTW, stocks down over 600 pts now!!
    We've been in a commodity downturn since 2014. Of course the tariffs are going to hurt soybean farmers but this fight is much bigger then that. You can cheer for a guy even if he does some things you don't agree with. There's little question the fight with China is deserved and worthwhile. If you agree with every single thing a politician you voted for does, you're probably a mindless slug. How much money do you have in the market?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by soflabillsfan View Post
    Go to YouTube and watch Ross Perot debate Al Gore on NAFTA in 1993. Tell me who was right, the businessman or the politician who had all the economists on his side. It's funny that people still fall for this. Trump already proposed no tariffs worldwide, at the G8 summit. The caveat was that those countries couldn't subsidize their industries either. That's how free trade truly works.
    So the economists are wrong?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    So the economists are wrong?
    They're wrong all the time. This isn't news right?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Chuck Schumer urges Trump to 'hang tough on China' after latest tariff threat while other top Democrats are quiet.

Some of the left get it

9. Rock on:

Meathead (05-13-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    more advice from the trade genius

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    These tariffs are hurting Americans the most. I work in the outdoor industry and the sell-in for 2020 will include the cost of the tariff's will be passed along to the consumer. At this point since these tariff hikes have no structural timeline (5 years, 10 years, 1 month, 2 days) no business will be using these tariffs to invest in domestic manufacturing. The CAPEX payoff for any investment would be 5 years at a minimum and to build a factory or additional production to take advantage of a 25% benefit would be foolish as the tariff could disappear as quickly as it arrived.

If their a USA mfg of a product on the tariff list, they'll pocket the extra $$ now. If they are an importer of a product on the list, they'll pass the $$ along to the consumer (taxpayer) to pay.

Most in the Outdoor industry have hedged their bets by getting their products out of the factories in China prior to their new year and have increased their inventory UEOP to avoid the tariffs.