Thread: Why hasn't Mr. Steele been charged with lying to the FBI, collusion, and election tampering?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Why hasn't Mr. Steele been charged with lying to the FBI, collusion, and election tampering?

Excellent piece by Margaret Cleveland which raises a lot of questions over the standards of justice in this country.

Steele first provided a summary of the Kremlin-supplied “intel” on Trump to the FBI in June or July 2016, when he met with his reputed handler, Rome-based FBI agent Mike Gaeta. In September 2016, Gaeta provided the dossier to agents working on the Russia collusion investigation at the FBI headquarters in Washington D.C.

So Steele knowingly provided false smear information that he allegedly got from Russian agents and swore this was factual to the FBI. This information was then used for the basis of the FISA warrant which tapped into the Trump campaign via Carter Page.

Leaks propelled the claimed collusion into the news. Steele shared details from the dossier with Michael Isikoff. Citing a “Western intelligence source,” Isikoff reported at Yahoo! News that “Page met with Igor Sechin, a longtime Putin associate and former Russian deputy prime minister,” and discussed the lifting of sanctions.

The DOJ later cited Isikoff’s article to support its FISA application to surveil Page. The application also detailed some of the impact this news story had on the Trump campaign: “Based on statements in the September 23, [Yahoo!] News Article, as well as in other recent articles published by identified news organizations, Trump’s campaign repeatedly has made public statements in an attempt to create the appearance of distance between Page and [Trump’s] campaign.”

Clever strategy which seemingly worked: Leak bogus information to as many sources as possible so in the future it looks like it's a foregone conclusion since "everybody knows about it." Classic gaslighting. Also, highly illegal to put out investigative details as well as extremely unethical.

But Trump’s victory does not negate the reality that, assuming Steele truthfully relayed to the FBI and the media the intel his Russian sources provided, Russia interfered in the election by feeding Steele false intel about Trump.

Yet in the special counsel report, Mueller identified only two principal ways Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election: “First, a Russian entity carried out a social media campaign that favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. Second, a Russian intelligence service conducted computer-intrusion operations against entities, employees, and volunteers working on the Clinton Campaign and then released stolen documents.”

There's the killer point. Steele knew the information was bullshit and passed on the material strictly because he was hired to do it and seemed like a trusted source. Not only was this to cast a shadow over the Trump campaign but it was also the foundation for one of the worst abuses of surveillance ever seen in recent years. Yet... there are zero charges against this man and here we are with this dumb ass story that the election was swayed through Facebook ads and a hack that we're taking the DNC's word on.

Now here’s the irony: The Mueller report spent millions investigating and found no collusion between Trump campaign and Russia but the Democrats paid for a document created by a foreign national with reported foreign government sources. Not Trump, but the Democrats. That’s the definition of collusion. Despite the central status of the Steele dossier to the collusion narrative, the Mueller report failed to analyze whether the dossier was filled with disinformation to mislead U.S. intelligence agencies and the FBI.

“My question,” Grassley continued: “Mueller spent over two years and 30 million dollars investigating Russia interference in the election. In order for a full accounting of Russia interference attempts, shouldn’t the special counsel have considered whether the Steele dossier was part of a Russian disinformation and interfere campaign?”

Barr responded that he had “not yet had anyone go through the full scope of [Mueller’s] investigation to determine whether he did address or look at all into those issues,” before adding, “one of the things I’m doing in my review is to try to assemble all the existing information out there about it, not only for the Hill investigations and the OIG, but also to see what the Special Counsel looked into. So I really couldn’t say what he looked into.”

Luckily Grassley and Barr are onto it and focused on the meat here unlike Mueller who basically put together his own dossier that has hints of impropriety but no proof of any of it.

Here’s the clincher: Not all of the intelligence and counterintelligence information derived from the special counsel investigation was included in the report. Rather, as Mueller explained, the report contains only the “information necessary to account for the Special Counsel’s prosecution and declination decisions and to describe the investigation’s main factual results.”

This assertion is laughable given the special counsel’s report unnecessarily opined on whether Trump obstructed justice, but then failed to reach a “prosecution or declination decision,” as required by regulation. The more likely answer? Political expedience. After all, evidence that Russia interfered in the election by feeding the false collusion narrative to Steele would vindicate Trump, who has been screaming “Witch hunt” from day one.

There it is. Mueller cherry-picked his own info to paint a negative picture but has nothing just like those of us with a brain said from Day 1. The logical move now is to pivot to other attacks with the latest being Trump's tax returns but all they're going to do is turn up dust and get more voters irritated at the Democrats.

Especially hilarious is how one of the most corrupt governors in the nation, Andrew Cuomo, is pushing through a bill to release his returns yet this man has been the Kingpin of NY corruption for years with many of his "three amigo" associates being prosecuted. I'm sure federal investigations into his doings would not work out so well for him.

The full piece can be found below.

Major Report Omission Shows Mueller Was Either Incompetent Or A Political Hack
    Sack

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    lol federalist.

#whofundsfederalist

3. Rock on:

HipKat (05-12-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    lol federalist.

#whofundsfederalist
    Nobody really knows: https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog...an-interactive

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsho View Post
    i know, that's the point. Federalist is a propaganda site for MAGATs

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Perhaps he wasn't arrested - stick with me now - because, ready??

Wait for it!

.......he didn't break the law!

Oh Sack (of shit)! It's so much fun watching you constantly grasp at any straw you can find. I have an idea. Why don't you try looking at the truth and the facts for a change, instead of right wing rhetoric and lies?
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Hipkat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. - jc856

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    lol federalist.

#whofundsfederalist
    Who funds(runs) MSM? couch cough
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

Put that coffee down! Coffee is for closers only!

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JbWSwUWew

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away". -Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    Who funds(runs) MSM? couch cough
    Advertisers

Hipkat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. - jc856

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I already know these guys have lost when they attack the website instead of the content included in the article. Everything is factual, the documents are all out there.
    Sack

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by SackMan518 View Post
    I already know these guys have lost when they attack the website instead of the content included in the article. Everything is factual, the documents are all out there.
    The only thing factual is that your a moron

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Because most of what he said is true. I am pretty sure in due time all of it will be corroborated.

12. Rock on:

HipKat (05-14-19)