Thread: Admarc Bills 3 round mock draft April 22nd 2019

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Admarc Bills 3 round mock draft April 22nd 2019

https://profootballwarroom.com/

9 Buffalo Needs: OL TE WR DT

The Bills need to suround their young franchise QB with weapons and protection up front. While the Defense returns most of it's starters from a year ago, replacing Kyle Williams play making ability and leadership is a need on that side of the ball. They have addressed many of those obvious holes in their offensive line-up in free agency, by adding 9 offensive free agents including Mitch Morse at C,OT Ty Nsekhe, OG Quinton Spain, John Brown and Cole Beasley at WR and Tyker Kroft at TE freeing them up to go best player available and continuing to add young weapons for Josh Allen. Allen showed he does best having speed at receiver but the Bills will still rely heavily on it's run game and utilize a play action based passing game. Adding another TE who can stretch the seem, but also assist blocking in the run game would be a huge help to Allen, as would adding more competition up front. That being said, Beane has repeatedly said the key to success is drafting the best player available and not being bound by need.

The Bills first pick will likely come down to a DT like Christian Wilkins or Ed Oliver, who very well could be the BPA, or they could continue to build up the offensive side of the ball with Jawaan Taylor, who has the size, strength and upside they covet, but who may be limited athletically when faced with NFL level speed and quickness, Jonah Williams, who is a polished versatile technician whom Daboll is familiar with but who may not have the upside you want in a top 10 pick and may not make the same impact at the next level as he did at Alabama, or they could add a freakish athlete at WR who would be a perfect match for Allen as a vertical threat but comes with an injury history and is raw as a route runner like DK Metcalf. They could also look at an edge rusher like Montez Sweat, who they could groom behind Hughes. However, after the Bills addressed the o-line and WR in free agency, they are not forced to reach at 9 and are free to fully take advantage of the talent that will surely be available and get teh best player available, at a position of need and if he is still on the board, I believe that player to be:
    TE T.J. Hockenson Iowa Film 6046 251 4.70

Hockenson filled highlight reel tapes of himself making acrobatic catches for TDs, hurdling defenders and making pancake blocks in his 2 seasons at Iowa. A throwback in-line TE who can set the edge in the run game and play a critical role in a play action heavy offense as blocker or receiver. Hockenson is a fluid athlete with natural hands who understands zone coverage and runs solid routes. He's a passionate leader on the team and will make an instant impact in multiple ways for any team making him a valuable pick no matter where he is selected. Only had 2 drops on catchable balls in 2 seasons. 47% of his receiving yards came after the catch in 2018. He led the nation in 3rd down receptions for 1st downs. Easily my favorite prospect in this draft. I have mocked him to the Bills since the day he declared for the draft in January because I wanted them to select him, but as the draft approaches,I now also believe he will be the choice because no other player in this draft will have a more dramatic impact on Josh Allen's development. He is 100% a process guy and unless he goes before the Bills are on the clock, I would be surprised if he is not the pick.
    40 Buffalo Needs: WR DT OL TE
    OT Tytus Howard Alabama St Film 6047 299 5.05

Raw but massive powerful man mountain. Needs to continue to develop but has the approach and physical ability to be a dominant LT, but may be better suited on right side to startm where he played collegiately protecting the blind side of Alabama State's southpaw QB.
    DT Khalen Saunders Western Illinois Film 6003 324 5.01

320lb DT who does back flips, skipped birth of his baby to attend Senior Bowl, had a great week, a sack in the game. Was one of the Bills official 30 visits. Oozes personality, passion, commitment and potential. Has the raw power to be a dominant 1 technique, but once in an NFL training program and after he learns the finer points of pass rushing, could be a dominant inside disrupter that can man any position inside
    T.J. Hockenson is the dual threat TE, a mix of Jason Witten and Rob Gronkowski. He will become Josh Allen's security blanket reciever and can attack a defense at all three levels. With John Brown and Robert Foster taking the top off a defense Allen will be able to check down to Hockenson in the short and intermediate area's of the field for easy yards.

Tytus Howard is a great developmental OT, and can sit and learn behind Dawkins or if Buffalo wanted to start Nsekhe at LT and move Dawkins to LG, than Howard can start at RT.

This would be a very good draft as long as Khalen Saunders lasts until the 3rd round. I like his explosiveness and ability to penetrate to transition and be coached up to play the 3 tech in the NFL and give back up reps at 1 tech if necessary.

In this scenario hopefully David Sills or Miles Boykin or Riley Ridley will fall to the Bills pick in the 4th round.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

2. Rock on:

Lone Stranger (04-22-19),Mainejays (04-23-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Signing Brown and Beasley was an improvement, but Josh needs this guy to take the next step. His blocking in the run game alone would be a difference maker.
    MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:
    1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS
    3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX
    4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetsy
    Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

4. Rock on:

junglesouljah (04-23-19)