Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the WORSE pick do you think Beane could make at 9? If he trades back?

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Greedy Williams, he is a soft CB who hates to tackle and is best used in bump and run man coverage. Greedy Williams would be a bad pick because he doesn't like to come up in run support, doesn't like to tackle.

Unless Leslie Frazier wants to switch to man coverage Greedy Williams wouldn't make any sense.
    You are right about Greedy not being a good pick. I also think he might go in the 20's.

I was thinking more of a guy that should go in Top 12. I am not at all sure why we would take Rashan Gary.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Realistically what would you consider the worst pick Beane could make at 9?

Or, if he trades back?

Mine are:

At 9 => Rashan Gary, DE. I don't get the hype on this guy.

and later in the 1st => Brian Burns, DE. I think Burns is another Sackless Lawson level of talent.
    I think I agree about Gary but not about Burns. Burns is boom or bust. He will either be the next Danielle Hunter or the next Aaron Maybin.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo13 View Post
    I think I agree about Gary but not about Burns. Burns is boom or bust. He will either be the next Danielle Hunter or the next Aaron Maybin.
    Brian Burns. That is why I would not draft him. Too much risk. This is your first round pick. You have to make it count. I would rather draft Garrett Bradberry if we traded down over Brian Burns.

Bradberry appears to be a solid, long term player (unfortunately he plays center so we don't need that). Or, "later in the 1st round" I would be okay with Christian Wilkins. Maybe even AJ Brown, WR.

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    D K would be the worst pick at #9

Trading back? Josh Jacobs. The Bills have invested a lot of resources into RBs over the last couple decades and where has it got them?
    Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    Fant at 9 is the pick that would make me the most sick. Would be a reach + likely taking either the 2nd TE off the board OR picking Fant over Hockenson which would just be me comparing their careers constantly

Range Member

Status

Groan
    Is it possible Beane takes Brian Burns and has him take over Lorenzo Alexander's role of OLB on 1st and 2nd down and then move up to rush the passer on passing downs?

I don't like experimenting with such a high pick but McDermott loves his pass rushers.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    D K would be the worst pick at #9

Trading back? Josh Jacobs. The Bills have invested a lot of resources into RBs over the last couple decades and where has it got them?
    Agree. I don't understand all the hype surrounding D k. He has bust written all over him ...

Range Member

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    Agree. I don't understand all the hype surrounding D k. He has bust written all over him ...
    DK scares the hell out of me too but some draft "experts" that I really respect love him, making me a little interested in taking him at 9.

I'll admit that I'm a sucker for wr's and pass rusher's but if DK pans out he could be exactly what Josh Allen needs.

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    DK Metcalf is not a finished product, he was not running a full pass route tree at Ole Miss. The offense at Ole Miss had him running go routes, hitches, slants and out routes. The QB play was mediocre and they featured his teammate AJ Brown more on offense than they did Metcalf.

With pro coaching Metcalf will be able to play to his ability had has upside to be a Josh Gordan, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson type player. Metcalf is a physical player, he likes to block and is tough to handle in one on one coverage and eats up bump and run coverage. Yes there is a little bit of risk with Metcalf, but his upside is unlimited as he projects to be a much better NFL player than he was in college.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    I think trading back is the worst possible move. Here's why, per Albert Breer (who is a toad but still):

You need to be in the top 10 to get an elite player (if you believe this stuff) and they clearly need more elite-level players, not a bunch of average guys since that's what they did in FA.
    I've read similar things from others, and don't necessarily disagree with the guy quoted. However, I think in this year's draft, it can easily be argued that the elite level drop off comes before pick 9, not magically after pick 10. Some say way before it. Every pick Ive seen listed at 9 comes with legitimate question marks. There doesn't seem to be a sure thing type of player unless Beane wants to trade up, or someone mindblowingly falls. At least according to what has been written, take it for what you will. Even the fella who beat down the chick has a more football-relevant question mark now with his injury. That's how this year's draft is.
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: EDIT: BANNED from ***tube, too dangerous to evil men.

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away" Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy