Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the WORSE pick do you think Beane could make at 9? If he trades back?

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

What is the WORSE pick do you think Beane could make at 9? If he trades back?

Realistically what would you consider the worst pick Beane could make at 9?

Or, if he trades back?

Mine are:

At 9 => Rashan Gary, DE. I don't get the hype on this guy.

and later in the 1st => Brian Burns, DE. I think Burns is another Sackless Lawson level of talent.

2. Rock on:

Mainejays (04-23-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I think trading back is the worst possible move. Here's why, per Albert Breer (who is a toad but still):

You need to be in the top 10 to get an elite player (if you believe this stuff) and they clearly need more elite-level players, not a bunch of average guys since that's what they did in FA.

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    At the Bills pick at 9th overall one of the following players should be available: Ed Oliver, TJ Hockenson, DK Metcalf , Montez Sweat and Andre Dillard.

All of those players improve the talent on Buffalo's roster.
    L*t is a losser

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Realistically what would you consider the worst pick Beane could make at 9?

Or, if he trades back?

Mine are:

At 9 => Rashan Gary, DE. I don't get the hype on this guy.

and later in the 1st => Brian Burns, DE. I think Burns is another Sackless Lawson level of talent.
    Chase Winovich looked better than Rashan Gary in games I watched. Rashan is more talented but hasn't produced to his abilities.

I don't like light edge rushers, Brian Burns was playing around 230 lbs on his 6'4" frame at Flordia State. He bulked up to 250 for the combine, but hasn't proven he can hold that weight and still be an explosive pass rusher.
    L*t is a losser

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Passing on Hockenson is the worst pick he could make. I don't care which defensive player they draft. Every time I see whomever they pick, I'm going to think, we could have drafted Hockenson and I'm going to tell the person seated nearest to me to go pound sand.
    MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:
    1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS
    3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX
    4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetsy
    Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Passing on Hockenson is the worst pick he could make. I don't care which defensive player they draft. Every time I see whomever they pick, I'm going to think, we could have drafted Hockenson and I'm going to tell the person seated nearest to me to go pound sand.
    I'm torn between Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson, I think they will both be great NFL players.

I would be ok drafting Ed Oliver at 9 and then drafting a TE in the 2nd round.

I would also be ok with drafting TJ Hockenson and then drafting a DT in the 2nd round.

Ideally, both Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson will be on the board at 9th overall.
    L*t is a losser

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    At the Bills pick at 9th overall one of the following players should be available: Ed Oliver, TJ Hockenson, DK Metcalf , Montez Sweat and Andre Dillard.

All of those players improve the talent on Buffalo's roster.
    That wasn’t the question.

Who would be the worse pick by Beane ,in your Opinion, at 9?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    a defensive back from the Big 10.
    "The most hateful people on the planet have the nerve to call out people on hate"

10. Rock on:

Mainejays (04-23-19)

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    That wasn’t the question.

Who would be the worse pick by Beane ,in your Opinion, at 9?
    Greedy Williams, he is a soft CB who hates to tackle and is best used in bump and run man coverage. Greedy Williams would be a bad pick because he doesn't like to come up in run support, doesn't like to tackle.

Unless Leslie Frazier wants to switch to man coverage Greedy Williams wouldn't make any sense.
    L*t is a losser

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    I'm torn between Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson, I think they will both be great NFL players.

I would be ok drafting Ed Oliver at 9 and then drafting a TE in the 2nd round.

I would also be ok with drafting TJ Hockenson and then drafting a DT in the 2nd round.

Ideally, both Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson will be on the board at 9th overall.
    I agree the only two players I want at 9. But I have a feeling that a team ahead of us will make that decision for us by picking one of the two.

Ed Oliver may end up being the better player but Hock is the type of player Josh Allen needs and gives him the right tools to be successful. And that’s why I slightly favor Hock. He will do wonders for Allen’s completion percentage. We need someone with good hands on the team that can handle a fastball. Last year was a shit show with all those drops.

13. Rock on:

Mainejays (04-23-19)