Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: f8ta1ity54 NFL Mock Draft 2019

  1. #1
    f8ta1ity54's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Feb 9, 2007
    Posts
    10,780
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0

    f8ta1ity54 NFL Mock Draft 2019

    Over the last few years my friend and I have done a 2 round NFL mock draft contest. Here is my first version. I'll probably change it a couple times before Thursday night. I'm picking on what I think will happen, not what i want to happen. So just keep that in mind.


    1. Arizona Cardinals Nick Bosa EDGE
    2. San Francisco 49ers Quinnen Williams DT
    3. New York Jets Josh Allen EDGE
    4. Oakland Raiders Kyler Murray QB
    5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Montez Sweat EDGE
    6. New York Giants Devin White LB
    7. Jacksonville Jaguars Jawaan Taylor OT
    8. TRADE Washington Redskins from Detriot Lions Dwayne Haskins QB
    9. Buffalo Bills Ed Oliver DT
    10. Denver Broncos Drew Lock QB
    11. Cincinnati Bengals Cody Ford OT
    12. Green Bay Packers Devin Bush LB
    13. Miami Dolphins Jonah Williams OT
    14. Atlanta Falcons Rashan Gary DL
    15. TRADE Detroit Lions from Washington Redskins TJ Hockenson TE
    16. Carolina Panthers Clelin Ferrell EDGE
    17. New York Giants Brian Burns EDGE
    18. Minnesota Vikings Andre Dillard OT
    19. Tennessee Titans Christian Wilkins DT
    20. Pittsburgh Steelers Byron Murphey CB
    21. Seattle Seahawks Noah Fant TE
    22. Baltimore Ravens DK Metcalf WR
    23. Houston Texans Chris Linstrom OT/G
    24. Oakland Raiders Greedy Williams CB
    25. Philadelphia Eagles Dalton Risner OL
    26. Indianapolis Colts Jeffery Simmons DT
    27. Oakland Raiders Josh Jacobs RB
    28. Los Angeles Chargers Dexter Lawrence NT
    29. Kansas City Chiefs Andre Baker CB
    30. Green Bay Packers AJ Brown WR
    31. Los Angeles Rams Garret Bradbury C/G
    32. New England Patriots Jerry Tillery DT

    I'm not in love with Oliver, but his athleticism for the position is rare. I think an NFL offseasons will get him bigger and stronger. His best fit is a 43 3T and I think he could play well in this defense. There are concerns with his pass rushing ability. He played a lot more NT/1T in college, and I think that hurt his pass rush statistics. He still needs to work on his hands/pass rush moves. I am always cautious of players making a jump from a lower level college team to the NFL, but he is a rare athlete for the position.

    I'm not sure I would take him here, but I think the coaching staff would love him. We didnt address the position in free agency, so I think this is McDermott's wet dream. If Oliver isn't there, I expect a trade down unless an edge player they like falls.

    What do you think? I like the feedback!

  2. Rock on:

    junglesouljah (04-22-19)

  3. #2
    Angry Byrds's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Feb 29, 2008
    Posts
    7,805
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    Over the last few years my friend and I have done a 2 round NFL mock draft contest. Here is my first version. I'll probably change it a couple times before Thursday night. I'm picking on what I think will happen, not what i want to happen. So just keep that in mind.


    1. Arizona Cardinals Nick Bosa EDGE
    2. San Francisco 49ers Quinnen Williams DT
    3. New York Jets Josh Allen EDGE
    4. Oakland Raiders Kyler Murray QB
    5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Montez Sweat EDGE
    6. New York Giants Devin White LB
    7. Jacksonville Jaguars Jawaan Taylor OT
    8. TRADE Washington Redskins from Detriot Lions Dwayne Haskins QB
    9. Buffalo Bills Ed Oliver DT
    10. Denver Broncos Drew Lock QB
    11. Cincinnati Bengals Cody Ford OT
    12. Green Bay Packers Devin Bush LB
    13. Miami Dolphins Jonah Williams OT
    14. Atlanta Falcons Rashan Gary DL
    15. TRADE Detroit Lions from Washington Redskins TJ Hockenson TE
    16. Carolina Panthers Clelin Ferrell EDGE
    17. New York Giants Brian Burns EDGE
    18. Minnesota Vikings Andre Dillard OT
    19. Tennessee Titans Christian Wilkins DT
    20. Pittsburgh Steelers Byron Murphey CB
    21. Seattle Seahawks Noah Fant TE
    22. Baltimore Ravens DK Metcalf WR
    23. Houston Texans Chris Linstrom OT/G
    24. Oakland Raiders Greedy Williams CB
    25. Philadelphia Eagles Dalton Risner OL
    26. Indianapolis Colts Jeffery Simmons DT
    27. Oakland Raiders Josh Jacobs RB
    28. Los Angeles Chargers Dexter Lawrence NT
    29. Kansas City Chiefs Andre Baker CB
    30. Green Bay Packers AJ Brown WR
    31. Los Angeles Rams Garret Bradbury C/G
    32. New England Patriots Jerry Tillery DT

    I'm not in love with Oliver, but his athleticism for the position is rare. I think an NFL offseasons will get him bigger and stronger. His best fit is a 43 3T and I think he could play well in this defense. There are concerns with his pass rushing ability. He played a lot more NT/1T in college, and I think that hurt his pass rush statistics. He still needs to work on his hands/pass rush moves. I am always cautious of players making a jump from a lower level college team to the NFL, but he is a rare athlete for the position.

    I'm not sure I would take him here, but I think the coaching staff would love him. We didnt address the position in free agency, so I think this is McDermott's wet dream. If Oliver isn't there, I expect a trade down unless an edge player they like falls.

    What do you think? I like the feedback!
    Unless they think Harrison Phillips can take over for Kyle Williams. Pff ranked Kyle a 71 last year and Phillips a 68 for a rookie.

  4. #3
    junglesouljah's Avatar
    waffle=pancake syrup trap

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 14, 2001
    Posts
    22,158
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    Unless they think Harrison Phillips can take over for Kyle Williams. Pff ranked Kyle a 71 last year and Phillips a 68 for a rookie.
    I don't think Harrison Phillips is a 3 tech DT , IMO he is a natural 1 tech DT and can play 0 tech NT. Harrison is not an interior pass rusher, he had 0 sacks last year.

    Jordan Phillips is good as a rotational 3 tech DT, but I don't think he is a starting caliber player.

    If Beane passes on Ed Oliver for TJ Hockenson in the 1st round they need to take a 3 tech DT in the 2nd round. Jerry Tillery or Daniel Wise or Khalen Saunders should be available in the 2nd round. I highly doubt Christian Wilkins would be available at 40th overall but would obviously be in the mix as well if he was available.

    Best-suited destination: Phillips technically should find some kind of role in just about any type of system, but he might have a little more value in those favoring two-gap assignments where he can play either on the nose or as a 5-technique. Teams that could be interested in his services include the Atlanta Falcons, Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Rams, Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos, Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, Minnesota Vikings and Washington.

    Quotable: “I’m not worried about fit. Odd front, even, whatever — it’s not like it used to be. Teams don’t sit in base. They’re in nickel, over, under [fronts], and you just have to find a spot for him. You probably don’t want him as your 3-tech in an under front, but smart [defensive coaches] will find a spot for him. He’s a good rotational guy.” — AFC national scout
    https://www.profootballweekly.com/20...llips/alo4kbq/
    L*t is a losser

    Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.


  5. #4
    Mainejays's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 14, 2004
    Posts
    1,738
    Groan
    0
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I like the effort, but any mock that has us passing on Hockenson for Oliver reinforces the real life, most likely scenario that we're going to do just that and I want to throw something at my TV, which will cause my wife to throw something at me. I can't afford anymore conks to the head.
    MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:
    1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS
    3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX
    4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetsy
    Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

  6. #5
    Crazy Legs's Avatar
    Build the OLINE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 10, 2009
    Posts
    4,236
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Nit pick here.

    Somehow i think the Patriots take a WR at 32, or the Pats may move up 4-5 spots to grab one. Patriots have 12 friggin picks.

  7. #6
    Crazy Legs's Avatar
    Build the OLINE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 10, 2009
    Posts
    4,236
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    Unless they think Harrison Phillips can take over for Kyle Williams. Pff ranked Kyle a 71 last year and Phillips a 68 for a rookie.
    Thank you for those PFF metrics.
    Harrison could play more snaps in 2019 and hold the fort.
    Not as good as Kyle, but you could make it work as long as u bring in another 3DT to rotate in.

  8. Rock on:

    Angry Byrds (04-22-19)

  9. #7
    junglesouljah's Avatar
    waffle=pancake syrup trap

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 14, 2001
    Posts
    22,158
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Thank you for those PFF metrics.
    Harrison could play more snaps in 2019 and hold the fort.
    Not as good as Kyle, but you could make it work as long as u bring in another 3DT to rotate in.
    IMO Harrison Phillips will take over for Star Lotulelei as the starting 1 tech DT when Buffalo parts ways with Star in the 2021 or 2022 season.

    Harrison was used as a 2 gapping DT in an odd front at Stanford. Harrison is not a gap penetrating explosive player that is a consistent interior pass rusher.

    Buffalo badly needs to get a player to replace Kyle Williams role in this defense. Buffalo needs a consistent interior pass rusher, someone that can penetrate the gaps, cause issues for offenses by blowing up offensive blocking schemes. Kyle Williams was not playing at a high level the last couple of years despite being the heart and soul of the defense, a great leader, and a lengthy career that he earned him a spot on Buffalo's wall of fame
    L*t is a losser

    Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.


  10. Rock on:

    Angry Byrds (04-22-19)

  11. #8
    Buffalo13's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 4, 2002
    Posts
    9,244
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    I certainly think they could pick Oliver and I won't hate it. I think Christian Wilkins is actually a superior player though.

    If Quinnen Williams falls to 4, I would bet the Bills try to trade up with Oakland.

  12. Rock on:

    Crazy Legs (04-22-19),junglesouljah (04-22-19)

  13. #9
    scotsho's Avatar
    Range Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 30, 2006
    Posts
    1,164
    Groan
    0
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Everything hinges on Josh Allen's performance (no pressure kid). TE just fits. DT can wait.

  14. #10
    junglesouljah's Avatar
    waffle=pancake syrup trap

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 14, 2001
    Posts
    22,158
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsho View Post
    Everything hinges on Josh Allen's performance (no pressure kid). TE just fits. DT can wait.
    If Beane goes for a TE in the 1st round, he must get a DT in the 2nd round. The drop off in talent at 3 tech after the 2nd round is huge. I predict a run on DT's in the 1st round and 5 or 6 could be drafted in the 1st round.
    L*t is a losser

    Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •