Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beane has officially set a record for signing the most Free Agents in an offseason....

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Beane has officially set a record for signing the most Free Agents in an offseason....

After signing RB TJ Yeldon this morning, how many Free Agents have we signed now? 17? 20? Honestly I lost count.

But it has to be a record in the modern era for the Bills franchise.

One note, long term. You qualify for Compensatory Draft Picks by LOSING more FAs than you SIGN in Free Agency. Obviously that is out the window this year. However, next spring I expect we could lose quite a few of the FAs we recently signed on one year deals this year.

So next spring I would suspect we will lose more than we sign and finally qualify for some compensatory picks (FYI the Patriots received 4 compensatory picks this spring. Two 3rd round comps. A 6th and a 7th. Which are all tradeable. Watch Billy Boy trade up at some point with the extra ammo)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    He's judicious as fuck.

3. Rock on:

junglesouljah (04-22-19)

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    He's judicious as fuck.
    He didn't say he wouldn't sign 18 guys, he just said he wouldn't sign Mario Williams for $110 million dollars Ha Ha.

5. Rock on:

HipKat (04-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    But according to some players/reporters, no one wants to play/live in Buffalo.
    MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:
    1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS
    3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX
    4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetsy
    Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

7. Rock on:

HipKat (04-22-19),junglesouljah (04-22-19)

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Most of the free agents signed by Beane have been on the offensive side of the ball because that was the weaker area of the team. The talent level on the OL, WR, TE and RB is improved from last year.

You will notice that Beane didn't overpay to get a veteran 3 tech DT like Sheldon Richardson or Malik Jackson. That leads me to believe that Beane will draft a 3 tech DT in the 1st or 2nd round.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Most of the free agents signed by Beane have been on the offensive side of the ball because that was the weaker area of the team. The talent level on the OL, WR, TE and RB is improved from last year.

You will notice that Beane didn't overpay to get a veteran 3 tech DT like Sheldon Richardson or Malik Jackson. That leads me to believe that Beane will draft a 3 tech DT in the 1st or 2nd round.
    2nd round options don’t look overly exciting.

Which 3DT would you take in the 2nd round?

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    2nd round options don’t look overly exciting.

Which 3DT would you take in the 2nd round?
    The talent for 3 tech DT is much better in the 1st round than the 2nd round. The drop off in talent in the 2nd round to the 3rd round is massive.

If Buffalo goes with TE TJ Hockenson in the 1st round, they must trade into the bottom of the 1st round to draft Christian Wilkins or draft one of Jerry Tillery or Daniel Wise or Khalen Saunders in the 2nd round. Out of all of the 2nd round options, I like Jerry Tillery the best.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    The talent for 3 tech DT is much better in the 1st round than the 2nd round. The drop off in talent in the 2nd round to the 3rd round is massive.

If Buffalo goes with TE TJ Hockenson in the 1st round, they must trade into the bottom of the 1st round to draft Christian Wilkins or draft one of Jerry Tillery or Daniel Wise or Khalen Saunders. Out of all of the 2nd round options, I like Jerry Tillery the best.
    I like the idea of trading up for Christian Wilkins, not too far of course, I don't want to shoot the wad on one player.

We traded away two 4th round picks to move up to get Reggie Ragland, plus our 2nd round pick and we got burnt on that deal.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan

If Buffalo goes with TE TJ Hockenson in the 1st round, they must trade into the bottom of the 1st round to draft Christian Wilkins or draft one of Jerry Tillery or Daniel Wise or Khalen Saunders. Out of all of the 2nd round options, I like Jerry Tillery the best.
    I have a feeling the Bills have no interest in Jerry Tillery. No contact whatsoever, and Tillery was not at the Senior Bowl. Plus, I have followed Tillery since Notre Dame was recruiting him out of high school. Mega promise but...there is something about his up and down play that just doesn't feel right. I think I would prefer Khalen Saunders, but 40 is kinda high for him. Maybe you trade UP from the 3rd round pick to get him. Use the #40 on something else.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Some of the many free agents signed won’t be on the roster when the season starts.