Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bills sign RB TJ Yeldon.....doubtful they select a Running Back in the draft this weekend now.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Bills sign RB TJ Yeldon.....doubtful they select a Running Back in the draft this weekend now.

Bills signed RB TJ Yeldon in advance of the draft this week.

Sal Capaccio 🏈
    @SalSports

TJ Yeldon is a very good pass-catching RB. I would think a move like this would signal maybe trying to take some off the plate of LeSean McCoy. Also, of all the UFA RBs this year Yeldon was the youngest (25). So the Bills signed the oldest (Gore) and youngest UFA RBs.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    As long as he’s not their long term “solution” at the position, I like it. He’s a solid player and has nice hands.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2007 View Post
    As long as he’s not their long term “solution” at the position, I like it. He’s a solid player and has nice hands.
    Most teams view Running Back different than say DE, for example. DE or Edge is a long term strategy. It is so hard to get a good pass rusher, so you have to draft with the future in mind.

Running back not so much. We can always draft a RB next year and pencil him in as the starter immediately as a rookie.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Most teams view Running Back different than say DE, for example. DE or Edge is a long term strategy. It is so hard to get a good pass rusher, so you have to draft with the future in mind.

Running back not so much. We can always draft a RB next year and pencil him in as the starter immediately as a rookie.
    Except Yeldon, who should never have been a first round pick. I hear what you are saying though. I see him as a nice compliment back and I’d assume he will be here as the first guy in line after McCoy and Gore go elsewhere.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2007 View Post
    Except Yeldon, who should never have been a first round pick. I hear what you are saying though. I see him as a nice compliment back and I’d assume he will be here as the first guy in line after McCoy and Gore go elsewhere.
    This year, if a team is "desperate" for a Running Back, they could get a pretty good one in the 3rd round. Most likely a quality back.

Next year, if the Bills need a RB, 2nd or 3rd round should do it.

I agree both McCoy and Gore will be gone in 2020, so we will need to find one before training camp next summer.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Solid pick up. He's a good 3rd down back.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    Solid pick up. He's a good 3rd down back.
    We now have Shady McCoy, Frank Gore and TJ Yeldon.

Not the worse backfield in the NFL....

If the OLine is better than last year, and Johny Miller, Jordan Mills and Bodine are no longer starting, it should be.

I don't think it is Larry Czonka, Mercury Morris, and Jim Kick good now, but it definitely SHOULD be better.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    We now have Shady McCoy, Frank Gore and TJ Yeldon.

Not the worse backfield in the NFL....

If the OLine is better than last year, and Johny Miller, Jordan Mills and Bodine are no longer starting, it should be.

I don't think it is Larry Czonka, Mercury Morris, and Jim Kick good now, but it definitely SHOULD be better.
    Yea I think we are in good shape.

Gore is consistent.

Shady still has gas in the tank when healthy, but I think he has lost a step.

I think yeldon let's them hold off on a back until the late 4th at least.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    This guy was great for the Jags when Fournette was out with his injuries! Real nice pickup!

10. Rock on:

Crazy Legs (04-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I like this signing (unless the money is stupid which i doubt it is). McCoy, Gore, Yeldon is good enough for me to start the season.