Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lit - Ready for a mock draft from you -

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Lit - Ready for a mock draft from you -

How do you see a pathway to a super bowl team by using the assets in this draft?

2. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-23-19)

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall93 View Post
    How do you see a pathway to a super bowl team by using the assets in this draft?
    You mean go on the record?

I know I would try to trade back in the first. Maybe even twice. I would really love to get an extra 2nd round pick.
    We need several good players, at several positions. Typically the picks in round 1 and round 2 are where you get an impact player. 3rd round picks are like Harrison Phillips, or, Johnny Miller, or Adolphus Washington. Borderline starters.

I would be okay, assuming we had traded back, to try and move UP from the 3rd round back into the 2nd. Giving us 3 second round picks.!

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Buffalo has to improve the pass rushers on the DL. Tom Brady will pick you apart if he gets to sit in a clean pocket and go through his progressions reading defenses. You have to make him uncomfortable, hit him and pressure him constantly.

Currently only Jerry Hughes consistently gets pressures on the QB. Trent Murphy is a capable edge rusher but had a down year and dealt with some injuries.

Kyle Williams has retired so obviously Buffalo needs an interior pass rusher for the 3 tech DT.

I like the work ethic and effort of Eddie Yarbrough on the field but he is limited as a pass rusher and Buffalo has to upgrade that position.

Ideally Beane would sign Ziggy Ansah(if he clears the Bills doctors medical check from his shoulder surgery) to replace Yarbrough, and then obtain an athletic interior pass rusher, capable of penetrating gaps and desrupting blocking schemes. As Beane mentioned it's hard to game plan to stop or minimize the damage of an interior pass rusher compared to edge rushers. You want a 3 tech DT that can collapse the pocket and work with the edge rushers so there is no pocket for the QB to step into when the edges are pushed in by the DE's.

Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver would be perfect fits as 3 tech DT in Buffalo's defense.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Going on record means surrendering the opportunity to verbally destroy Beane and company if they pick the same players he did. Never going to happen.
    MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:
    1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS
    3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX
    4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetsy
    Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

6. Rock on:

f8ta1ity54 (04-05-19),junglesouljah (04-05-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Buffalo has to improve the pass rushers on the DL. Tom Brady will pick you apart if he gets to sit in a clean pocket and go through his progressions reading defenses. You have to make him uncomfortable, hit him and pressure him constantly.

Currently only Jerry Hughes consistently gets pressures on the QB. Trent Murphy is a capable edge rusher but had a down year and dealt with some injuries.

Kyle Williams has retired so obviously Buffalo needs an interior pass rusher for the 3 tech DT.

I like the work ethic and effort of Eddie Yarbrough on the field but he is limited as a pass rusher and Buffalo has to upgrade that position.

Ideally Beane would sign Ziggy Ansah(if he clears the Bills doctors medical check from his shoulder surgery) to replace Yarbrough, and then obtain an athletic interior pass rusher, capable of penetrating gaps and desrupting blocking schemes. As Beane mentioned it's hard to game plan to stop or minimize the damage of an interior pass rusher compared to edge rushers. You want a 3 tech DT that can collapse the pocket and work with the edge rushers so there is no pocket for the QB to step into when the edges are pushed in by the DE's.

Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver would be perfect fits as 3 tech DT in Buffalo's defense.
    Pressure Tom Brady...blah blah blah. You have to out-score Tom Brady. You cannot beat him with defense consistently. Their 5 losses this year came against teams that put up 31, 26, 34, 34, and 17. So one time I guess I'd say a defense beat them. If you try to build a defense to beat him, you will fail.

Over the last 4 games against them, we've averaged 9.25 points. Why should defense matter at all? Do we think pressure up the middle will hold them to 7?

8. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-06-19)

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Going on record means surrendering the opportunity to verbally destroy Beane and company if they pick the same players he did. Never going to happen.
    Do you enjoy the taste of your own foot in your mouth?

I go on the record every year.

http://www.buffalorange.com/showthre...2948&p=3565840

http://www.buffalorange.com/showthre...5975&p=3502954

http://www.buffalorange.com/showthre...6224&p=3504096
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall93 View Post
    It will be coming soon.
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

11. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-23-19)

Resident Pessimist

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post

Huh? Is jungle Lit? Lol

Orinally Posted by seandelevan
    A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio
    If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Huh? Is jungle Lit? Lol
    I'm not reading his long nonsense.

What did he say about me?

Resident Pessimist

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    I'm not reading his long nonsense.

What did he say about me?
    Nothing...this thread was a question for you and jungle jumped on it and answered it. I find that “cute”.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan
    A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio
    If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

15. Rock on:

LiterateStylish (04-05-19)