Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All in on Hock

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2007 View Post
    I agree, but if he can’t block, how much does he actually get on the field?
    Exactly. I could care less if Fant is better in the passing game. He’s not a complete TE like Hock

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    Hockenson had more receptions for a higher average this season. For lack of better comparison, Hockenson is Gronk and Fant is Aaron Hernandez
    I agree Hockenson's pro comparison is Rob Gronkowski or Jason Witten.

Fant's pro comparison is Eric Ebron or Aaron Hernandez
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Exactly. I could care less if Fant is better in the passing game. He’s not a complete TE like Hock
    You can move Hockenson around, he can be a FB in a shotgun or pistol formation and run flare or wheel route, or he can block.

You can more Hockenson to flexed TE off the line of scrimmage and he can block or run pass routes.

You can detach Hockenson and isolate him in a 1 by 3 formation and use his size to post up a linebacker or safety.

Or you can use him in the traditional attached TE role as both a receiver and blocker.
    L*t is a losser

Literatesytlish "All you did is waste precious MB's of server space." Lit can attack me every chance he gets in call out threads and posts, but I waste server space when I respond. This is Litlogic.

Range Member

Status

Groan
    I'm starting to like Hockenson at 9 if Oliver isn't there.

I'd be excited about Oliver, happy with Hockenson or a trade down, satisfied with Metcalf, Jawaan Taylor or Jonah Williams and a little disappointed with Sweat, Gary or Dillard.

5. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Really? First off, it's "couldn't" care less...but that's just me being annoying.

If we take a TE at 9, he'd better be incredible in the passing game. Like 1000 yards and 10 TDs incredible. I don't hear much about Travis Kelce's blocking ability. Same with Jimmy Graham. Gronk just retired and even though he was good at blocking, how many of his blocks will you remember?

So all of that isn't to say that I also don't like Hock...I think he's great. But ultimately, give me the guy who makes more plays in the passing game.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo13 View Post
    Really? First off, it's "couldn't" care less...but that's just me being annoying.

If we take a TE at 9, he'd better be incredible in the passing game. Like 1000 yards and 10 TDs incredible. I don't hear much about Travis Kelce's blocking ability. Same with Jimmy Graham. Gronk just retired and even though he was good at blocking, how many of his blocks will you remember?

So all of that isn't to say that I also don't like Hock...I think he's great. But ultimately, give me the guy who makes more plays in the passing game.
    Yes...you’re right. It’s pretty annoying.