Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sri Lanka explosions: More than 200 killed as churches and hotels targeted

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Sri Lanka explosions: More than 200 killed as churches and hotels targeted

Horrible tragedy and I will now wait for Democrats to stand in solidarity with Catholics.

A series of coordinated bombings ripped across Sri Lanka on Sunday, striking hotels and churches and killing more than 200 people and shattering the relative calm that the war-torn nation had enjoyed in recent years.

The targets of the attacks were members of Sri Lanka’s small Roman Catholic minority who were attending Easter Mass and guests at high-end hotels that are popular with foreign tourists. By Sunday afternoon, soldiers had shut down roads across the country and a jittery government had imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew.

The government temporarily blocked major social media and messaging services, including Facebook and WhatsApp, to prevent the spread of misinformation online, according to the president’s secretary, Udaya Seneviratne.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks in Colombo, the capital; Negombo, a city about 20 miles north of Colombo; and the eastern city of Batticaloa.

At least 207 people were killed and at least 450 wounded, said Ruwan Gunasekera, a police spokesman. Ravinatha Aryasinha, the secretary to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said 27 foreigners were among the dead. News media reports said British, Chinese and Dutch nationals were among the victims.

At a news briefing Sunday afternoon, Ruwan Wijewardan, Sri Lanka’s state minister for defense, said seven suspects had been apprehended so far and that all of the Colombo attacks had been carried out by suicide bombers. The government has identified the attackers, he said, but he did not elaborate. He said the attackers were believed to be part of a single group.

Sri Lanka, an island nation in the Indian Ocean, suffered decades of civil war during which guerrillas from the Tamil ethnic group were among the first in the world to use suicide bombings as a common tactic. Since the war ended in 2009, there has been some political instability and sporadic attacks, but nothing on this scale.

And this did not come without warning.

Sri Lankan police 'were warned of Easter terror attack by Muslim extremists TEN DAYS before suicide bombers struck churches and hotels killing 150 people'

Sri Lanka's police chief warned of potential suicide bombing plots on 'prominent churches' from Islamic extremists ten days before today's attacks which killed at least 156 people, according to reports.

The nature of the blasts, which hit high-end hotels and churches holding Easter services in Sri Lanka on Sunday, injuring as many as 500, was not immediately clear, and there were no immediate claims of responsibility.

The country remains scarred by its 1983-2009 civil war, when Tamil rebels fought to create an independent homeland, and recently a religious divide has taken hold in the country, which is 70 percent are Buddhist, 13 per cent Hindu, 10 per cent Muslim, and seven per cent Christian, according to the country's 2012 census.

Documents seen by news agency AFP reveal that Sri Lanka's police chief Pujuth Jayasundara issued an intelligence alert to top officers 10 days ago, warning that suicide bombers planned to hit 'prominent churches'.

Sack

2. Rock on:

DeRokerij (04-21-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Why do you need to make everything political? Muslim extremists attacking churches in Sri Lanka has shit all to do with American politics
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

4. Groan:

DeRokerij (04-21-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Why do you need to make everything political? Muslim extremists attacking churches in Sri Lanka has shit all to do with American politics
    Says the asshole with an "Impeach Trump avatar on a Buffalo Bills site. Fuck off

6. Rock on:

SackMan518 (04-21-19)

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRokerij View Post
    Says the asshole with an "Impeach Trump avatar on a Buffalo Bills site. Fuck off
    Actually, I have an Impeach Trump avatar on every site, so YOU fuck off, I'd tell you to blow me, but obviously your saving that for Trump....

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

8. Rock on:

direbills (04-24-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Actually, I have an Impeach Trump avatar on every site, so YOU fuck off, I'd tell you to blow me, but obviously your saving that for Trump....
    That homosexual oral copulation thingy never seems to be far from your mind when you go from Bruce Banner to the Hulk, Hip.....

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jc856 View Post
    That homosexual oral copulation thingy never seems to be far from your mind when you go from Bruce Banner to the Hulk, Hip.....
    It's like that with most people who argue. "Fuck you! No, Fuck YOU! Kiss my ass, blow me mother fucker...." and on and on..... For some reason, shit turns gay

Seek help. soflabillsfan

11. Rock on:

jc856 (04-21-19),scotsho (04-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    When things degenerate, I prefer to fart in you general direction.

13. Rock on:

jc856 (04-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan

Found HipKat on Twitter:

Sack

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Sack

I'm a Bad Boy

Status
    Groan
    Yeah it must have been a Libtard, Democrat coordinated release, kind like the statement about the Benghazi attacks.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/22/o...ians-churches/

17. Rock on:

SackMan518 (04-23-19)