Groan
    Groans: 0

Daniel Jeremiah 2019 NFL mock draft 3.0

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ock-to-packers

Daniel Jeremiah 2019 NFL mock draft 3.0: Drew Lock to Packers

Print

By Daniel Jeremiah
    NFL Media analyst
    Published: April 16, 2019 at 11:04 a.m. Updated: April 16, 2019 at 12:44 p.m.

With the 2019 NFL Draft just a little more than a week away, here's my third look at how teams will draft when Round 1 begins in Nashville, Tennessee, on April 25.

To see every draft pick each team holds in the 2019 NFL Draft, click here.

PICK

Kyler Murray - QB
    School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS)

I'm not as confident as I once was that Murray will be the pick here because of all the team visits Murray is taking, but I still think he ends up being Arizona's selection.

PICK

Nick Bosa - Edge
    School: Ohio State | Year: Junior

There's a lot of talk about Quinnen Williams going to San Francisco with this pick. I don't think the Niners could go wrong with either him or Bosa.

PICK

Ed Oliver - DT
    School: Houston | Year: Junior

Gregg Williams coached Aaron Donald during his time as Rams DC and could easily find a way to utilize Oliver in the Big Apple.

PICK

Quinnen Williams - DT
    School: Alabama | Year: Sophomore (RS)

With needs all over the field, the Raiders should take the best player available.

PICK

Josh Allen - Edge
    School: Kentucky | Year: Senior

I could see this as a trade-down spot if a team wants to move up for a QB. However, if the Bucs stay here and Allen is still available, he'd be too tempting to pass up.

PICK

Daniel Jones - QB
    School: Duke | Year: Junior (RS)

If the Giants want a QB, it makes more sense to secure him at No. 6 than leave it to fate and wait until they're on the clock again at No. 17.

PICK

Jawaan Taylor - OT
    School: Florida | Year: Junior

Taylor is a DNA match with how the Jaguars want to play. He's a physical player.

PICK

Jonah Williams - OG
    School: Alabama | Year: Junior

Detroit has spent a lot of draft capital on the offensive line, but I could see the Lions going back to the well one more time.

PICK

T.J. Hockenson - TE
    School: Iowa | Year: Sophomore (RS)

Hockenson would quickly emerge as the best friend of Josh Allen and LeSean McCoy. He helps in both the passing and running games.

PICK

Devin White - LB
    School: LSU | Year: Junior

I know the Broncos have done a lot of homework on the quarterbacks in this draft, but I just can't envision them taking a QB here before they get a chance to see what Joe Flacco looks like in this offense. Instead, they go with the top LB available.

PICK

Dwayne Haskins - QB
    School: Ohio State | Year: Sophomore (RS)

New coach and a new era at QB. Haskins would create a spark in an organization that desperately needs one.

PICK

Devin Bush - LB
    School: Michigan | Year: Junior

I think Bush could go much earlier than many people expect due to the combination of his talent and the lack of depth at his position.

PICK

Rashan Gary - Edge
    School: Michigan | Year: Junior

The Dolphins did not pick an offensive or defensive lineman last year. This draft will be heavy in both for them.

PICK

Greedy Williams - CB
    School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS)

The Falcons need an upgrade in their secondary. Williams offers an intriguing mix of size and playmaking ability.

PICK

Brian Burns - Edge
    School: Florida State | Year: Junior

I still have Washington as the likely landing spot for Josh Rosen, which would take the 'Skins out of the quarterback derby. So, their pass rush took a hit with the departure of Preston Smith. Enter Burns.

PICK

Andre Dillard - OT
    School: Washington State | Year: Senior (RS)

I can't see Dillard going much later than this spot. Carolina needs help on the O-line.

PICK

Montez Sweat - Edge
    School: Mississippi State | Year: Senior

The Giants end up with their edge rusher and quarterback -- but in the opposite order from what's been expected. Sweat could go later than some anticipate.

PICK

Garrett Bradbury - C
    School: N.C. State | Year: Senior (RS)

Bradbury was made to play in this Gary Kubiak-style offense. The Vikings will move Pat Elflein to guard to clear a spot for the rookie at center.

PICK

Christian Wilkins - DT
    School: Clemson | Year: Senior

Wilkins will help the interior pass rush and be a perfect complement to Jurrell Casey.

PICK

Lonnie Johnson Jr. - CB
    School: Kentucky | Year: Senior

This is higher than I have Johnson rated, but he's catching a lot of buzz right now and the Steelers have a need at the position.

PICK

Jeffery Simmons - DT
    School: Mississippi State | Year: Junior

He did suffer an ACL tear in February, but I would not be surprised if, five years from now, Simmons is viewed as the best player from this draft class.

PICK

Clelin Ferrell - Edge
    School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS)

Ferrell fits Baltimore's profile. He's physical, tough and has a high floor.

PICK

Cody Ford - OT
    School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS)

With their pass-protection woes, the Texans have to take the best available offensive lineman.

PICK

Noah Fant- TE
    School: Iowa | Year: Junior

Fant would be an upgrade over Jared Cook, the tight end they just lost in free agency.

PICK

Marquise Brown - WR
    School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior

It would make sense for the Eagles to add a receiver because I don't think DeSean Jackson's a long-term solution and they could lose Nelson Agholor next year, as he's due to hit free agency.

PICK

Johnathan Abram - S
    School: Mississippi State | Year: Senior

Selfishly, I would just love to see him play opposite Malik Hooker in Indy. Abram could play in the box and allow Hooker to make plays over the top.

PICK

Chris Lindstrom - OG
    School: Boston College | Year: Senior

GM Mike Mayock gets a year pass on donating to his alma mater by taking a fellow Eagle! All jokes aside, Lindstrom is highly regarded and has a good chance of being picked in the 20s of Round 1.

PICK

Rock Ya-Sin - CB
    School: Temple | Year: Senior

There are other needs here -- safety and defensive tackle among them -- but it was apparent that the Bolts need to add some talent on the outside based on their performance against the Patriots in the Divisional Round of last season's playoffs.

PICK

Byron Murphy - CB
    School: Washington | Year: Sophomore (RS)

This would be a no-brainer. Kansas City takes the best defensive back still available and gets good value.

PICK

Drew Lock - QB
    School: Missouri | Year: Senior

The Packers have been doing a lot of homework on quarterbacks this draft season. They once spent a first-round pick on a QB who'd become the eventual replacement for a 35-year-old future Hall of Famer, and they repeat history here.

PICK

Elgton Jenkins - OG
    School: Mississippi State | Year: Senior (RS)

Jenkins is another player who's made his way into the first-round conversation. Teams love his strength and power inside. He can play any of the three interior positions.

PICK

Dexter Lawrence - DT
    School: Clemson | Year: Junior

While the rest of the league moves away from massive DTs like Lawrence, the Patriots see the value in a dominant run defender who can push the pocket on passing downs.
    With both Ed Oliver and Quinnen Williams off the board in this mock draft, I would be very happy with TJ Hockenson at 9 for Buffalo.
    L*t is a losser

2. Rock on:

Mainejays (04-17-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I’m glad these talking football heads are starting to see the need we have at TE.

And honestly, I think everybody needs to stop with the Murray-to-Arizona until Rosen is actually traded. They’re gonna lose all leverage if they draft a QB before trading Rosen away.

There’s nothing to hide when you’re the #1 pick. Either trade him and go Murray next week or keep Rosen and go Bosa or Q.

Seems pretty damn simple.

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by robreg2 View Post
    I’m glad these talking football heads are starting to see the need we have at TE.

And honestly, I think everybody needs to stop with the Murray-to-Arizona until Rosen is actually traded. They’re gonna lose all leverage if they draft a QB before trading Rosen away.

There’s nothing to hide when you’re the #1 pick. Either trade him and go Murray next week or keep Rosen and go Bosa or Q.

Seems pretty damn simple.
    Tyler Kroft is a good #2 TE, you don't want to force him to be your #1 TE long term.

Getting TJ Hockenson would allow you to have a training camp battle for the #1 TE spot and Hockenson should beat everyone else out and be the starter for the regular season.

With it looking like Tampa Bay will trade DT Gerald McCoy, they will need to replace him and will probably draft Ed Oliver. Buffalo still needs to draft a 3 tech DT, but they can do that in the 2nd round.
    L*t is a losser

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Tyler Kroft is a good #2 TE, you don't want to force him to be your #1 TE long term.

Getting TJ Hockenson would allow you to have a training camp battle for the #1 TE spot and Hockenson should beat everyone else out and be the starter for the regular season.
    Hockenson would easily be favorite player on the team. I’m a sucker for TEs. I grew up on Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow from Miami all the way til their retirements. My favorite players around the league are TEs because of the versatility an all-around TE can bring to an offense.

Helps the run game and the pass game. You can’t argue about what guys like Ertz and Kielce have done for that offense, never having to come out, the offense never tipping their hand because of a personnel substitution.

And not to mention how we’ve watched Gronk dominate for the last decade.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    If Oliver, Williams, Bossa, Allen, are all gone before 8, I would probably try to trade back to 10 or 11 with Denver or Miami to pick up a 2nd or 3rd and then grab HockenblockandCatch. I think TE is a position of need and would help our Running game as well as passing. However taking Hockenson at 9 is pretty high for a TE. If he is the next coming of Gronk then sure...but most TE's don't reach that kind of talent.