Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: per Shaq Lawson, doesn't think Bills will extend him the 5th round option...but hopes they do

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post
    If I remember correctly when the Bills were on the clock they were looking at Shaq, Darron Lee and Paxon Lynch, none of which has been a very good1st round slection.
    At the time Doug Whaley was the GM and he was trying to get player for Rex Ryan's 3-4 defense.
    L*t is a losser

2. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-17-19)

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post
    If I remember correctly when the Bills were on the clock they were looking at Shaq, Darron Lee and Paxon Lynch, none of which has been a very good1st round slection.
    Rex had a bug up his butt for Shaq because at the time Rex's son was at Clemson so Rex had "scouted" Shaq and thought he was the da bomb.

I actually had wood for WR Wil Fuller because I follow Notre Dame. Plus I liked Vernon Butler, Chris Jones, and Jarran Reed.

Chris Jones has been very good. Jarran Reed solid. Vernon Butler has been Shaq level of play.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    All starters on Rookie contracts are underpaid. All starters after the rookie contracts are overpaid. You cannot have only players on Rookie contracts therefore you need to overpay for some veterans.
    the 5th year option should not be insanely expensive, is it? I dont know the number but I would guess that it is acceptable and Shaq is worth this kind of money.

Trading him is another discussion. But if not traded I would rather extend him.
    It’s based on draft position, without looking, I think it would cost just under $10m.

5. Rock on:

cba fan (04-18-19)

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    All starters on Rookie contracts are underpaid. All starters after the rookie contracts are overpaid. You cannot have only players on Rookie contracts therefore you need to overpay for some veterans.
    the 5th year option should not be insanely expensive, is it? I dont know the number but I would guess that it is acceptable and Shaq is worth this kind of money.

Trading him is another discussion. But if not traded I would rather extend him.
    Your point is good regarding Rookies being paid a lot less than Veterans. Maybe they will address it in the new CBA contract....although that would be a huge challenge. In the meantime, use it to your advantage. Which means the MORE draft picks the better.

Shaq at $10 million a year for 2020? mmmm....not worth it.
    Trade him? Yes, I would do it right now. Give me a 3rd and use it on drafting Maxx Crosby. Then you have Maxx for 4 years on a low contract.