Thread: This QB / NFL Spending *****

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

This QB / NFL Spending *****

Is this model sustainable? Mega bucks for 2 or 3 players and the minimum pretty much for the rest. I don't see it. The league is soooooo different from the 70's, 80's and 90's and I don't mean that as a compliment. This QB thing is crippling the league. At some point, the networks are just going to say.....I think I'll pass on paying out of my ass. Maybe 2 or 3 of them. What leverage does the NFL have at that point? Losing interest every single day in this money driven sport. My love of the NFL is fading. Sad but true. Thoughts?

2. Rock on:

Meathead (04-16-19)

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Ideally the NFLPA and the NFL would get together on a formula based pay scale (this would be a super long shot because the NFLPA isn't easy to work with).

QBs should be limited to say 12% of the total team salaries. Or, 15%. Maybe Max 17% Something.

Of course the NFL would have to anticipate possible work arounds and plug those holes. The bottom line, you are screwing over the rest of the players if you allow QBs salaries to explode further. All the cash that goes to Russell Wilson, is less that is available for the decent Offensive Guard or Linebacker on the team.

The NFLPA should represent ALL the players and agree to some type of cap on QBs. Plus, I would say QBs can live on $28 million a year, just as well as $35 million.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've got no problem with it. IT is a QB driven league. Figure out how to win without a top 10 QB, it's been done before.

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsho View Post
    I've got no problem with it. IT is a QB driven league. Figure out how to win without a top 10 QB, it's been done before.
    Yeah, it just takes major luck and great drafting. But since the draft is partially luck, you can't escape the fact it takes more than super smarts in the GM position.

Maybe you just draft the hell out of QBs. One a year. Every year. Some years you might take one in the 2nd. Next year in the 3rd. Following year the 1st round.

If you fill your pipeline with QBs, maybe you hit on one every 4 years.....