Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Report: Todd McLellan has emerged as top candidate for the Sabres

  1. #1
    EMPEROR
    Meathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 9, 2003
    Posts
    27,456
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0

    Report: Todd McLellan has emerged as top candidate for the Sabres

    Reports indicate that Todd McLellan is the leading candidate for the Sabres job


    https://www.diebytheblade.com/2019/4...res-head-coach

    well hes had some spectacular seasons but his perpetual failure with so. many. first. round. picks. is somewhat disturbing. you could put that on the gm but the coach always has input

    so i guess the question how would the beaner/todd connection work? do we get the six or seven hundred point seasons over ten years guy, or do we get the failure despite all. those. first. round. picks. guy?

    this could all be smoke screen so take it with a few grains of salt. himalayan
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

    Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

  2. #2
    Build the OLINE Crazy Legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10, 2009
    Posts
    4,240
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Just read his bio.

    He never won the Stanley Cup!! Don't hire him.......LOL.

  3. #3
    Common Sense King Laughing Coffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 9, 2008
    Posts
    2,411
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    already being discussed in the sabres forum

  4. #4
    EMPEROR
    Meathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 9, 2003
    Posts
    27,456
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    crap i thought this was the sabres forum

    that tells you how tired i was when i made it
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

    Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

  5. #5
    so fresh LiterateStylish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2003
    Posts
    31,931
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Lmao.

    Pegula’s gonna Pegula.

    Fire Housley and immediately go after a coach whose been .500 the last half decade and was fired by a terrible franchise.

  6. #6
    EMPEROR
    Meathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 9, 2003
    Posts
    27,456
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    its the unanswerable question

    hes had two night and day sections of his career. he was good in sj and fell apart in edmonton

    whos fault was edmonton? its been going on so long you gotta figure its at least partially the organization. somethings getting mucked up

    of course you could say the same thing about us, even moreso. whos fault its it? idk

    plain bad luck plays a part. for instance, turning kyle okposo from a bulldozer in a china shop guy to a finesse guy who gets concussions from one punch now. turned the team into something different
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

    Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

  7. #7
    Fah Q HipKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    6,171
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Hasn't Edmonton been a train wreck for years now?
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”


    Twitter: @HKTheResistance

    HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

  8. #8
    Range Member Angry Byrds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 29, 2008
    Posts
    7,832
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Lmao.

    Pegula’s gonna Pegula.

    Fire Housley and immediately go after a coach whose been .500 the last half decade and was fired by a terrible franchise.
    Uh Ken Hitchcock, the 3rd winningest coach in NHL history couldn’t do anything with the Oilers.


    Every article I read about Todd’s firing from the Oilers none of them blame McLellan.

    “For McLellan, the leash was always short. The team underachieved in 2017 after losing in the second round of the playoffs the previous season, and having arguably the best player in hockey at the moment is both a blessing and a curse. The Oilers have gotten next to no production from anyone not named Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl, and although McDavid is only 21, they'd like to set him up for success sooner rather than later.”


    “I feel for him. It’s not all his fault,” Logan Couture said. “He’s not the one who goes out and gets those roster players. He had to work with what he had and it’s disappointing to see someone like him lose his job.”

    Oilers captain Connor McDavid echoed Couture’s thoughts, adding that he and his Oilers teammates need to shoulder the blame for their coach’s ouster.

  9. #9
    so fresh LiterateStylish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2003
    Posts
    31,931
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    Uh Ken Hitchcock, the 3rd winningest coach in NHL history couldn’t do anything with the Oilers.


    Every article I read about Todd’s firing from the Oilers none of them blame McLellan.

    “For McLellan, the leash was always short. The team underachieved in 2017 after losing in the second round of the playoffs the previous season, and having arguably the best player in hockey at the moment is both a blessing and a curse. The Oilers have gotten next to no production from anyone not named Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl, and although McDavid is only 21, they'd like to set him up for success sooner rather than later.”


    “I feel for him. It’s not all his fault,” Logan Couture said. “He’s not the one who goes out and gets those roster players. He had to work with what he had and it’s disappointing to see someone like him lose his job.”

    Oilers captain Connor McDavid echoed Couture’s thoughts, adding that he and his Oilers teammates need to shoulder the blame for their coach’s ouster.
    Well THAT sounds familiar.

    There are lots of media pundits saying Housley was scapegoated and it wasn’t his fault....

    Eichel said just last week that this isn’t Housley’s fault.

  10. #10
    Range Member Angry Byrds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 29, 2008
    Posts
    7,832
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Well THAT sounds familiar.

    There are lots of media pundits saying Housley was scapegoated and it wasn’t his fault....

    Eichel said just last week that this isn’t Housley’s fault.
    I agree, it might not be Housleys fault, but at least with McLellan we have a sample of what he can do with a good team. Like I said the 3rd winningest coach all time couldn’t do anything with that team either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •