Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Todd McLellan has emerged as top candidate for the Sabres

EMPEROR
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Report: Todd McLellan has emerged as top candidate for the Sabres

Reports indicate that Todd McLellan is the leading candidate for the Sabres job

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2019/4...res-head-coach

well hes had some spectacular seasons but his perpetual failure with so. many. first. round. picks. is somewhat disturbing. you could put that on the gm but the coach always has input

so i guess the question how would the beaner/todd connection work? do we get the six or seven hundred point seasons over ten years guy, or do we get the failure despite all. those. first. round. picks. guy?

this could all be smoke screen so take it with a few grains of salt. himalayan
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Groan
    Just read his bio.

He never won the Stanley Cup!! Don't hire him.......LOL.

Common Sense King Laughing Coffin's Avatar
    Groan
    already being discussed in the sabres forum

EMPEROR
    Groan
    crap i thought this was the sabres forum

that tells you how tired i was when i made it

Groan
    Lmao.

Pegula’s gonna Pegula.

Fire Housley and immediately go after a coach whose been .500 the last half decade and was fired by a terrible franchise.

EMPEROR
    Groan
    its the unanswerable question

hes had two night and day sections of his career. he was good in sj and fell apart in edmonton

whos fault was edmonton? its been going on so long you gotta figure its at least partially the organization. somethings getting mucked up

of course you could say the same thing about us, even moreso. whos fault its it? idk

plain bad luck plays a part. for instance, turning kyle okposo from a bulldozer in a china shop guy to a finesse guy who gets concussions from one punch now. turned the team into something different

Groan
    Hasn't Edmonton been a train wreck for years now?
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Lmao.

Pegula’s gonna Pegula.

Fire Housley and immediately go after a coach whose been .500 the last half decade and was fired by a terrible franchise.
    Uh Ken Hitchcock, the 3rd winningest coach in NHL history couldn’t do anything with the Oilers.

Every article I read about Todd’s firing from the Oilers none of them blame McLellan.

“For McLellan, the leash was always short. The team underachieved in 2017 after losing in the second round of the playoffs the previous season, and having arguably the best player in hockey at the moment is both a blessing and a curse. The Oilers have gotten next to no production from anyone not named Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl, and although McDavid is only 21, they'd like to set him up for success sooner rather than later.”

“I feel for him. It’s not all his fault,” Logan Couture said. “He’s not the one who goes out and gets those roster players. He had to work with what he had and it’s disappointing to see someone like him lose his job.”

Oilers captain Connor McDavid echoed Couture’s thoughts, adding that he and his Oilers teammates need to shoulder the blame for their coach’s ouster.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    Uh Ken Hitchcock, the 3rd winningest coach in NHL history couldn’t do anything with the Oilers.

Every article I read about Todd’s firing from the Oilers none of them blame McLellan.

“For McLellan, the leash was always short. The team underachieved in 2017 after losing in the second round of the playoffs the previous season, and having arguably the best player in hockey at the moment is both a blessing and a curse. The Oilers have gotten next to no production from anyone not named Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl, and although McDavid is only 21, they'd like to set him up for success sooner rather than later.”

“I feel for him. It’s not all his fault,” Logan Couture said. “He’s not the one who goes out and gets those roster players. He had to work with what he had and it’s disappointing to see someone like him lose his job.”

Oilers captain Connor McDavid echoed Couture’s thoughts, adding that he and his Oilers teammates need to shoulder the blame for their coach’s ouster.
    Well THAT sounds familiar.

There are lots of media pundits saying Housley was scapegoated and it wasn’t his fault....

Eichel said just last week that this isn’t Housley’s fault.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Well THAT sounds familiar.

There are lots of media pundits saying Housley was scapegoated and it wasn’t his fault....

Eichel said just last week that this isn’t Housley’s fault.
    I agree, it might not be Housleys fault, but at least with McLellan we have a sample of what he can do with a good team. Like I said the 3rd winningest coach all time couldn’t do anything with that team either.