Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING(for my Canadian brothers): Trailer Park Boys finally is back! (and some other Axl duets)

EMPEROR

Status

Groan
    Groans: 0
    granted, my iq has taken a hit from all the hard drugs im taking to fight the immune condition, but it was 140 when i became a fan

leahy made that show. the other three or four get all the credit but leahy was the head white trash epicenter. notice how the show lost its magic when he became 'good'
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

2. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-07-19)

EMPEROR

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    RIP Lahey.
    does lahey die? if so that shows you how much i follow the show now

but when he was coming up with all those shit metaphors, chaining them together into some kind of shit philosophy sermons, idk that made me lmfao

4. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-07-19)

EMPEROR

Status

Groan
    the snoop dogg season wasnt bad per se, but it seemed like the start of their corporate look instead of their indie look. it went from regular ppl having fun poking at the real stereotypes of white trash trailerhood to lets can something we can sell

nothing wrong with that. but it often takes the soul out of something. and i feel like it did here bc it went down fast from there. i stopped watching a few episodes into the season after snoop dog. id watch the whole thing and hardly laugh the whole time. the thrill was gone i guess youd say

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    As a torontonian...canadian....we loved this show when it first started and no one else knew anything about it....it was fantastic TV like nothing else around....once it picked up and everyone in this side of the world got wind of it....its like everything else wore outs its novelty...sad....if you can re watch the very first several seasons.....its awesome!

7. Rock on:

Meathead (04-08-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post

but when he was coming up with all those shit metaphors, chaining them together into some kind of shit philosophy sermons, idk that made me lmfao
    John Dunsworth AKA Jim Lahey died last year I believe. I'm glad I got to see him and bobandy do their live show, it was great. He was a genuinely nice guy.

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    He passed in real life a little over a year ago. He hasn't been written off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

10. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-07-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I didnt remember Randy originally had that kind of head of hair he until I saw Jungle's video.

Here, in under 60 seconds, Mr Lahey imparted some great wisdom on drinking, which may or may not have had a decent influence on me. "No....I am on top of the liquor....I am the monkey in charge of bananas"(lol, get it?) line sounds like it belongs in the "Who's the boss of me?" thread from a few days ago. Anyhow, Lahey shares some techniques from managing drinking responsibly.

(Maybe the worst spoiler ever in this thread, was about Lahey, but Woody saves the day and is actually telling the truth! I remember when I found out about Lahey, I was more riled than the time Lit gave a spoiler about Jon Snow...because at least that was good news....and to the guy talking about IQ......this show is "high minded" like some of the others I enjoy, just in a different way. It reminds me a bit of Shameless, but without the ultra-mean spiritedness and constant (nearly)monolithic social agenda of the latter. I enjoy being a bit unsober for both of those shows...the way people at Bills Backers Bars(tm) do for watching this team.

Meat, you might have enjoyed some of the newer seasons once you saw that Lahey was convinced by Randy to give up his destructive drinking habit and to partake of cannabis instead. He seemed a lot more level headed when he was off the booze....but I agree that as much as I enjoyed seeing him get along and being one of the good guys, the show had a different dynamic during those times.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: EDIT: BANNED from ***tube, too dangerous to evil men.

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away" Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

EMPEROR

Status

Groan
    oh jeez, now i remember hearing about him dying

yeah i saw him on several interviews and he seemed super genuine, very humble. he was an acting teacher when he took the role, which i guess is probably why he blew all the other actors away on the show

i really think it was a serious mistake to turn him 'good' on the show. if they had just let him keep scheming i think there wouldnt have been such a big dropoff in the quality of the show, even after it turned 'corporate'. his scheming made that show great. when they took that away all you had was three white criminal idiots bumbling their way through life - and a pathetic bisexual drunk and his grade a beer belly idiot younger lover. i suppose that could work, too, but it just didnt

the guy playing julian is a shitty actor who actually got worse the more famous they got. ricky overacts when hes expected to carry the show. and randy i think is just an idiot in real life. bubbles seemed like a decent actor but he had the easiest role to play as he had the sympathy factor of a) his parents abandoning him, and 3) being the voice a reason between the other three or four main idiots. interestingly enough, bubbles actor mike whatever seems like a pretty significant dick irl, so that makes his performance even more impressive. but the bubbles character even perfectly acted could never drive the show like lahey did

the difference between the first seven seasons (or whatever season was before the snoop dogg season) and the rest was so stark i couldnt even force myself to watch them. hell, the swearnet specials where they ran around and did stuff in different cities around the world wasnt great but it was better than the actual shows they were making

EMPEROR

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    Meat, you might have enjoyed some of the newer seasons once you saw that Lahey was convinced by Randy to give up his destructive drinking habit and to partake of cannabis instead. He seemed a lot more level headed when he was off the booze....but I agree that as much as I enjoyed seeing him get along and being one of the good guys
    not even close

thats what ive been talking about. when they changed laheys character it ruined the show, imo. what was left to make it interesting and hilarious? julian is boring, ricky was just a foul idiot without his feud with lahey and randy, and bubbles wasnt interesting enough to carry the show

ive watched seasons 1-9 all the way through three times, and seasons 1-7 probably another three times. i hardly never rewatch 'new' series (as opposed to classics like mash, all in the family, andy griffith, good times), but i enjoy watching those tpb seasons even tho i know whats coming

i did watch seasons 10-12 but only once - and it was like watching your favorite pet die slowly. i kept watching hoping it would catch fire again but it just kept going downhill. season 12 was brutal, im glad they put the show out of its misery after that one

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Man, no drunken banter like the weekends of old on here. Anyhow, before maybe watching the last few animated epidodes I havent seen(not overly excited to do so), I wanted tp post this in tribute to one of my board mentors, Meathead, to let him know he is appreciated.

One of my favorite TPB scenes ever, the exchange at the beginning was classic, in my opinion...then Ricky getting into Mitchell with some air bass, Bubbles too...even Julian looks slightly into it for a change. I wonder if the average viewer got the irony?

, and
    "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".
    -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

The Greatest Story Never Told: EDIT: BANNED from ***tube, too dangerous to evil men.

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

"This is the new pick. This is the 1st pick. To you, this is gold; you do not get this. Because to give it to you would be throwing it away" Glengarry Glen Ross paraphrase. My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy