Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Team Makes Me Sick

Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    worst in the league since the 10-game streak ended tells you all you need to know

i like phil housley but i dont see any way he doesnt get fired. this team looks defeated, they dont know how to do the simple things, and they are getting crushed almost every night now

sorry, phil. youre a good guy and maybe youll be a good hc someday. but not today
    Ya gotta admit though, he chews that gum on a Pete Carroll level of awesome...

Groan
    I am in full agreement that once you are eliminated from the playoff's it is about player development rather than winning games. Expectations were high after the 10 game streak but anyone who expected a team to go from worst to make the playoff's has too high of expectations.
    The team has some talent, and it can play against the top teams and win some. However, the problem the Sabres have is not exactly a lack of talent but the inability to play 60 minutes at a high level as well as play physical.
    Bogosian, Risto, Larson and Girgenson play somewhat physical...but not all the time. During the Sabres 10 game win streak they were banging against the boards and finishing checks. With the Sabres having just one line of great talent, and then 3 lines of guys who need development, past there prime or bubble players....you need to play at a high intensity for 60 minutes.

The reason they are losing is because they are not putting in the effort and they do not have the talent on the 2nd and 3rd lines to carry them. They need to sprinkle in some physical players with there talent to round this team out. Maybe Borgen can be a piece to bringing team toughness back.

Agree that Sobotka, Scandella and Hunwick are not good enough to play at the NHL level anymore...trade them or send them to Rochester

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm now all in for Hughes. Field the scrubs and lose out for the best odds!! Get in that top 3 and end up with either Hughes or Kakko.

Groan
    Caught part of a show on the NHL XM station. They were talking about streaky or streaky or hot and cold players. They didn't mention any Sabres, but they mentioned Vessey. One of the hosts said had a goal and assist in 3 straight games, then nothing for 16. The other host said that's how he's been since he came into the league. Then I remembered reading this thready yesterday. All of a sudden it made sense on why the Sabres wanted him.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    There are things to look forward to.

Casey Mittelstadt and Tage Thompson are only going to get better. Theyíll bulk up more this summer and when it clicks for Thompson, itís going to be good. They both have the hockey IQ and skills, but are still young and learning how to fit into the NHL game.

Montour - solid. Dahlin - exceptional. Pilut has looked great on this callup. Now they need to find a tough SOB to fill out the blue line

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    I thought I already was?
    I don't know, you're not in my signature so I either got lazy and forgot, or didn't get the official approval from you? Not sure, but its fixed now. Welcome aboard.
    twitter : @nat0rade

My AAB is #57 Lorenzo Alexander

The Wise Men's Club of the Buffalo Range

BillsFan51 | Founder & CEO
    thebowmanbody | President of Wise Men Operations
    Meathead | Official Morale & Hope Executive
    Hayward89 | Grand Minister of Wisecrackery
    jc856 | Gatekeeper of Logic & Reason
    HipKat | Campaign Manager
    seandelevan | Official Realist

7. Rock on:

seandelevan (03-28-19)

Groan
    The thing with the Sabres is they just have not figured things out. No it is not the coach, it is the guys on the ice. The Chemistry is not quite there, as well as the drive. You can see glimpses of the talent but they have not matured as a team yet to be a contender. Once they finally get it, they will be a strong and solid team for year to come. It is nauseating watching them struggle year after year but when your franchise bottoms out like the Sabres did ...it takes a while to get back.
    This is why you don't mortgage your future to win now! Sabres tried that when they had Drury and Brierre and this is the result of it.

They also tried the quick fix with Okaposo and we find out he was more a product of Taveres than being an elite player

Groan
    Apparently Lehner was not the problem. Playoffs Baby! Fucking right!

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    What a crap weekend. But, at this point I want them to lose out and get the best lottery odds possible

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    What a crap weekend. But, at this point I want them to lose out and get the best lottery odds possible
    I don't think you're going to have to hope too hard. They can't win if they can't score. I don't get it. All the promise in the beginning of the season?? What the fuck happened? Is it a one more time to tank to get that one more top prospect?? Hell this team is nothing BUT top prospects. We should be the Penguins of the 90's right now.
    ďThere he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.Ē

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    Iíll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan