The Buffalo Range, where the Buffalo fans roam! - Powered by vBulletin
Return to Hardcore Bills Talk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

I Just Realized One Sign of a Major Change...

Every year of the drought it seemed like "if we could only sign ________ we could turn the corner." There had been a couple years where we thought we had our QB of the future, and then it happens: Injury befalls them and they're just never the same after that. It happened, most notably, with Trent Edwards and EJ Manuel. But did you notice, Allen got injured early too, but when he came back, he still had his moxie and continued to show improvement.
    The others played scared after their injuries, but Allen's confidence (cockiness, arrogance, call it what you will) brought him back with something to prove, and a will to prove it. I'm looking forward to seeing if any other cycles of failure are broken.... or maybe I missed some?
    No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

Array
    That's difference between boys and men. After getting hurt Allen didn't shy away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team

Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    That's difference between boys and men. After getting hurt Allen didn't shy away from the game.
    In a nutshell. Men don't shy from contact boys do!

Array
    Trent got blasted into next week. Josh had a elbow injury. So Keep evading hits Josh....

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Flan View Post
    Trent got blasted into next week. Josh had a elbow injury. So Keep evading hits Josh....
    I'm sure he will that running that's not a fluke that'll be with him his entire career. Albeit may be a short career but it could be long too!

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward89 View Post
    Every year of the drought it seemed like "if we could only sign ________ we could turn the corner." There had been a couple years where we thought we had our QB of the future, and then it happens: Injury befalls them and they're just never the same after that. It happened, most notably, with Trent Edwards and EJ Manuel. But did you notice, Allen got injured early too, but when he came back, he still had his moxie and continued to show improvement.
    The others played scared after their injuries, but Allen's confidence (cockiness, arrogance, call it what you will) brought him back with something to prove, and a will to prove it. I'm looking forward to seeing if any other cycles of failure are broken.... or maybe I missed some?
    How'd you put the helmit in your window?

Array
    To be fair, Manuel sucked right from the beginning. I donít remember an injury having an significant effect

8. Rock on:

Meathead (03-16-19),Nuke (03-16-19)

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    To be fair, Manuel sucked right from the beginning. I donít remember an injury having an significant effect
    Manuel sort of played pretty decent in his rookie season...well half of it that is....up til the cleveland game when he got knocked out of it...

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    Manuel sort of played pretty decent in his rookie season...well half of it that is....up til the cleveland game when he got knocked out of it...
    Yeah that really screwed the guy up. Now he sits at him lamenting about Peterdude.

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team

Quote Originally Posted by StraightJ View Post
    I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejays View Post
    Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    Manuel never passed the eyeball test with me.

He was a game manager and never looked like he had "it".

Had he come into the NFL as a 3rd or 4th round pick with less expectations he may have eventually been a decent back up but he was doomed from the start with us.

12. Rock on:

Topas (03-16-19)