Thread: Jack Eichel gets two-game suspension for head hit against Avalanche

welcome to pwngville
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Jack Eichel gets two-game suspension for head hit against Avalanche

Eichel has been given a two-game suspension by the NHL's Department of Player Safety for his hit to the head of Colorado's Carl Soderberg during Saturday's game in the Pepsi Center. Eichel had a phone hearing with the league earlier Sunday and the resulting ban was his first fine or suspension in his four-year NHL career.

Clearly expecting Eichel to be suspended, the Sabres recalled Alexander Nylander from Rochester on Sunday.

Eichel was given an "illegal check to the head" penalty at 14:48 of the second period after appearing to pick Soderberg's head as the pair was engaged in a puck battle in the neutral zone. Soderberg went down briefly on his stomach but got up and headed to the bench. He played the rest of the game and appeared to be uninjured.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/10/b...ado-avalanche/

two games seems harsh but i can see why they need to punish that head-first contact

not that it matters that much now. lets see if nylander can do anything
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Groan
    Groans: 0
    It is not a secret that Eichel has been given a two-game suspension. Now let's see if professional ice hockey player William Nylander can do anything.