Thread: Maybe this is as good as they will be....

Groan
    Groans: 0

Maybe this is as good as they will be....

Thinking about this Sabres team. Maybe we are seeing their best. Maybe they just don't have enough Hockey IQ to overcome the collective brain farts. I'm not saying Housley isn't culpable in this season, but looking down the lineup, we just don't have the dirty, gritty players that are happy to plant themselves in front of the net and take the beating.

I go back to that Philly game and their new guy Hartman set the freakin' tone of that game and elevated his whole team. We have a few pests (Risto/Girgensons), but nobody that when the opposition scores goes out and plays like he's pissed and going to do something about it.

Bogo can be a part of this solution, but he can't handle the top 4 minutes anymore. Sobotka/Scandella .... UGH.

This offseason better bring the wood. I'm tired of the Sabres being the team that is pushed around and doesn't push back. This goes all the way back to Lucic running Miller.

2. Rock on:

SabreBill30 (03-06-19)

Groan
    It is a young team, they have some good talent but they do not play 60 minutes a game. Next year they will be better. The young kids will make big strides forward. You don't need to have grit if you have great talent. However some grit in a Blue Collar Buffalo team is much needed.
    Good news is the Sabres have some excellent talent on the top line, they have some good talent on the second line that just needs to gel a bit and get some experience. It is the 4th line that needs a tough. Foligno was ideal for that 4th line to set the tone. Lucky for Buffalo they have two first round picks to add more talent. Then it is a matter of finding some guys to be toughs when a tone needs to be set.

I think Housley is a talent type coach not a grit coach like Ruff.
    Last edited by Zan186; 03-05-19 at 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Groan
    Yuk