Thread: Monday Trade deadline - Who's traded, who should the Sabres trade for?

Groan
    Groans: 0

Monday Trade deadline - Who's traded, who should the Sabres trade for?

Trade deadline monday.

What's the path forward for the Sabres? What's the deal you want to see?

If Okposo comes off the books for IR, then there's additional cap room for the rest of the season.

What I would like to see is the team make a run for Dougie Hamilton. His # is palatable and he has term. He'd be a help now and one next year as well. He's also from Toronto so if they decided to extend, he'd be hopefully interested in sticking around.

Risto/Dahlin/McCabe/Hamilton/Bogo with Nelson and Bogo rotating in and out.

Groan
    Does the Wilcox move mean anything? Possibly moving Hutton at the deadline?

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    As long as this team adds toughness I'm happy.Watching Skinner get taken out against Washington without any answer whatsoever made me want to puke. This gutless team mirrors it's coach and without adding some backbone this team wont go anywhere no matter how many talented players they draft or acquire.

Groan
    Solid trade deadline so far. Upgraded D for today and the future

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Wide Right View Post
    As long as this team adds toughness I'm happy.Watching Skinner get taken out against Washington without any answer whatsoever made me want to puke. This gutless team mirrors it's coach and without adding some backbone this team wont go anywhere no matter how many talented players they draft or acquire.
    This is part of why I didn't want, and am still not sold on Housley as coach. He was a finesse player, not a tough player and this team has lacked toughness for years. pretty much since Ray retired. We have WAY too much talent to be failing this bad
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

6. Rock on:

Meathead (02-28-19)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    Does the Wilcox move mean anything? Possibly moving Hutton at the deadline?
    Other than his contract, I don't see any reason to move Sutton, but they need to make Linus the #1
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11
    Seek help. soflabillsfan

Groan
    Seems like a decent couple of moves yesterday and today.

Hopefully there's a way to move Scandella at some point. At $4m/year he is an expensive part of the pressbox.

9. Rock on:

HipKat (02-25-19)

Range Member
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    Seems like a decent couple of moves yesterday and today.

Hopefully there's a way to move Scandella at some point. At $4m/year he is an expensive part of the pressbox.
    There's a good article about how the team is still dealing with the fallout of all Tim Murray's moves up on the wgr website. Botterill got one little step closer by dumping the whiny bitch, aka Beaulieu and getting a better d-man to fill his place.

He still needs a viable 2nd line center and to fill in lines 2-4. It will be easier with Okposo and Moulson's salaries off the books after this season. Hopefully Scandella also.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/op...ins-tim-murray

11. Rock on:

HipKat (02-28-19)

EMPEROR
    Groan
    well it looks like botts is content just to let this season go out with a whimper. the only logical conclusion is he feels all the very young players in the lineup will make big strides next year with all the playing time, and by adding a veteran piece or two that they will get over the hump into playoff contention

i still think they will need another veteran scorer, somebody to chip in 20-25 goals a season. its easier to make 'real' hockey trades in the off-season so i expect he will add at least one new forward. he will also be trying to upgrade the bottom half of the defensive corps

losing the old okposo is a devastating loss. hes simply not the same guy. he was a power forward that bounced guys around and hung out in the front of the net. now hes trying to be a perimeter winger and thats just not his style. i dont think he has the speed to skill to be that type of player. its painful to watch him skate around, avoiding hits, and basically doing nothing. that unfortunate event that put him in this condition was really a terrible break for the sabres. old okposo is exactly the type of player they need and botts is going to have to find one in the offseason. i expect they will part ways with okposo. and they wont be able to trade him since the whole league knows whats going on with him so big investment wasted there. time to move on, sadly

its just so frustrating to watch the spectacular work of eichel, skinner, and reinhart go to waste. yet another year of no playoff hockey is maddening, especially considering their early season fireworks
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

13. Rock on:

HipKat (02-28-19)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    well it looks like botts is content just to let this season go out with a whimper. the only logical conclusion is he feels all the very young players in the lineup will make big strides next year with all the playing time, and by adding a veteran piece or two that they will get over the hump into playoff contention

i still think they will need another veteran scorer, somebody to chip in 20-25 goals a season. its easier to make 'real' hockey trades in the off-season so i expect he will add at least one new forward. he will also be trying to upgrade the bottom half of the defensive corps

losing the old okposo is a devastating loss. hes simply not the same guy. he was a power forward that bounced guys around and hung out in the front of the net. now hes trying to be a perimeter winger and thats just not his style. i dont think he has the speed to skill to be that type of player. its painful to watch him skate around, avoiding hits, and basically doing nothing. that unfortunate event that put him in this condition was really a terrible break for the sabres. old okposo is exactly the type of player they need and botts is going to have to find one in the offseason. i expect they will part ways with okposo. and they wont be able to trade him since the whole league knows whats going on with him so big investment wasted there. time to move on, sadly

its just so frustrating to watch the spectacular work of eichel, skinner, and reinhart go to waste. yet another year of no playoff hockey is maddening, especially considering their early season fireworks
    With Okposo I saw the old Okposo when he came back this week. He had it. Maybe it will continue. Watching the Philly game, it was obvious that this team is missing grit. Hartman was a beast and set a tone that the Sabres couldn't or wouldn't match. We have speed, now there needs to be some size and finish.

That said, it's far from over. Some team is going to make a run. Win these next two and they're back in it. Lose them both and it's probably lights out for this year's playoffs. The good news for the Sabres is the way the schedule is set, the teams the Sabres are chasing all have games against each other down the stretch. The Sabres also have 10 at home out of their last 19.

I know the playoffs are now a longshot. What I want to see is a fight to the end for this team. (I also want to see Thompson get some time on the top line. I think he could be a good fit with Eichel and Skinner.)

15. Rock on:

HipKat (02-28-19)