Thread: Put a fork in them...

Groan
    Groans: 0

Put a fork in them...

Put a fork in this team, they’re done.

Looks like we’ll be sellers at the deadline next week.

EMPEROR
    Groan
    that hissing sound is all the air being let out of their tires
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Groan
    Was there tonight , absolutely pathetic, in person they look even worse than on tv, sloppy, confused, uninterested , and certainly didn’t look like a team fighting for anything , so aggravating, they looked like they could care less

Range Member
    Groan
    Team turned on a dime when Berglund walked out.

Groan
    With Okposo most likely going to IR, JB will have some additional room to work with.

I want to see 2 players picked up this deadline: Charlie Coyle and Dougie Hamilton. Neither will be cheap, but both would make the Sabres a better team.

Groan
    here's what needs to happen

Groan
    I put this more on JB than Housley.

Rolling into the season with Casey at the #2 Center position is telling. It's telling me that they decided early on to use this as a developmental year for this team.

Monday will be the day he needs to show his cards. Buying, Selling - incrementally helping this team long term? short term?

I'm getting really tired of seeing Sobotka out there night in and night out. Coyle from Minnesota makes a ton of sense for this team. Immediately it would be an upgrade over someone like Sobotka.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    I put this more on JB than Housley.

Rolling into the season with Casey at the #2 Center position is telling. It's telling me that they decided early on to use this as a developmental year for this team.

Monday will be the day he needs to show his cards. Buying, Selling - incrementally helping this team long term? short term?

I'm getting really tired of seeing Sobotka out there night in and night out. Coyle from Minnesota makes a ton of sense for this team. Immediately it would be an upgrade over someone like Sobotka.
    Honestly, the Sabres are pretty much where I expected them to be, battling for the last playoff spot. The surprise win streak put them into a position where we thought playoff's. Truth is they just are not there yet. Mittlestat needs to develop, Dahlin needs to develop. I think the Sabres have found a top line in Skinner Eichel and Rhineheart. However they need a second line that produces and that is where we are right now. Casey may be a 2nd line center or he may be a 3rd line center....will have to see how things pan out over the next two years. I think next year is the year they will make the playoff's if they sign Skinner and continue to develop there young talent. I think Guhle will be brought up next year as well as Nylander. I think Scandella needs to be sent a packing. Sobotka is really a place holder at center. He doesn't bring anything to the table nor does he really hinder the team. Basically if you want to burn 10 minutes of hockey where nothing really happens Sobotka is your man.

Sabres have 3 first round picks coming in this draft. If they hit on one of them that starts next year it could propel them to the playoffs. It seems to be a deep draft....I would build for the future without trading away future prospects. I like what they have in the pipeline. Never was into rent a players. Rather have a dynasty that is playing deep in the playoffs each year than make a run and then back into the toilet!