Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DK Metcalf

welcome to pwngville

Status

Groan
    Groans: 0
    they could technically fill their C, WR1, and OT with fas

i seriously doubt they do since it would probably half their extra cap to get a top guy in all three positions
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

waffle=pancake syrup trap

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    they could technically fill their C, WR1, and OT with fas

i seriously doubt they do since it would probably half their extra cap to get a top guy in all three positions
    Buffalo is currently projected to have the most salary cap space in 2020 according to spotrac.
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

If they structured the contracts properly they could sign C Matt Paradis, RT Daryl Williams and WR Tyrell Williams all for $10 to $12 million/year and still have cap room left over to sign this draft class(you would need to set aside aproximetly $8.5 million for that) and roll over cap space to 2020.

I like the idea of investing in players that will make Josh Allen better. They invested a lot of draft capital to trade up and get him and know you have to give him the tools to succeed. Beane will probabley still draft a WR(Buffalo needs an X WR) and a Guard(to compete for the startign RG spot) and Center(developmental C that can be coached up to start in 2 or 3 years) at some point in the draft, but a 3 technique pass rushing DT is a huge need with Kyle Williams retiring and no free agent DT worth spending money on. Buffalo will have to draft a 3 tech DT in the 1st or 2nd round of this draft.
    L*t is a losser

3. Rock on:

jamsim67 (02-20-19)

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    LoL Sean, you're the best. I'm expecting them to draft a wide receiver in the 4th or 5th round, someone we weren't really looking at, and be told that he has all the physical traits to be successful at the NFL level. I hope I'm wrong, but look at the track record.
    Buffalo should hedge it's bet and both sign a WR in free agency and draft a WR. WR's typically take a year or two to develop, but by adding by adding a free agent WR to go along with current WR's Zay Jones , Robert Foster and Isaiah McKenzie and a draft pick, Buffalo would have a good group of versatile WR's with upside.
    L*t is a losser

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Buffalo should hedge it's bet and both sign a WR in free agency and draft a WR. WR's typically take a year or two to develop, but by adding by adding a free agent WR to go along with current WR's Zay Jones , Robert Foster and Isaiah McKenzie and a draft pick, Buffalo would have a good group of versatile WR's with upside.
    I think they will definitely add a veteran WR, or two. Someone with experience, who can be a leader on the field for all the young receivers will be an important find.

Range Member

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    I think they will definitely add a veteran WR, or two. Someone with experience, who can be a leader on the field for all the young receivers will be an important find.
    A leader on the field as well as in the film room.

I'm more than a little nervous about our new wr coach who has a whopping TWO YEARS experience as an offensive assistant.......but hey, he was a maintenance officer in the Air Force.

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw View Post

I'm more than a little nervous about our new wr coach who has a whopping TWO YEARS experience as an offensive assistant.......but hey, he was a maintenance officer in the Air Force.
    Chad Hall was an undrafted free agent and played in the NFL, in order to do that you must have superior technique to overcome his limited athletic ability. He also spent two season on the Buffalo staff as an offensive assitant, which means he got exposure to and learned from former WR coach Terry Robiskie
    L*t is a losser

Range Member

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Chad Hall was an undrafted free agent and played in the NFL, in order to do that you must have superior technique to overcome his limited athletic ability. He also spent two season on the Buffalo staff as an offensive assitant, which means he got exposure to and learned from former WR coach Terry Robiskie
    Obviously McDermott saw something he liked about him but with a young group of wr's I just wish he had hired someone with experience.

As far as Hall overcoming his limited abilities to make a few NFL roster, he had a grand total of 16 career catches and a was a rb in college up until his senior season and had almost as many NFL carries as catches.

He might be a nice guy and hard worker but there were better guys out there.

Status
    Groan
    Obviously McDermott saw something he liked about him but with a young group of wr's I just wish he had hired someone with experience.

As far as Hall overcoming his limited abilities to make a few NFL roster, he had a grand total of 16 career catches and a was a rb in college up until his senior season and had almost as many NFL carries as catches.

He might be a nice guy and hard worker but there were better guys out there.
    I like when teams hire new guys instead of the same recycled coaches that have been in the NFL, the musical chair coaching hires.

We will see what happens with Chad Hall but I am ok with giving a young hungry coach a chance, who has been with the team for a couple of years and played the WR position in college and the NFL.
    L*t is a losser

10. Rock on:

bcw (02-20-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan

Sometimes, the guys with limited NFL experience make great coaches. He could surprise all of us.